PDA

View Full Version : AP Appreciation Days , Dec 5- 12 [Plus extra merchandise discounts now 'til Feb 1]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

GORGON
11-04-2009, 02:25 PM
They are having a early shopping day Dec 5 , 6:30am -9:30am for ap'ers with 50% of select merchandise. extra 20% off Vinylmation etc. I think this is for the first day. Can anyone tell me or find out if this deal goes until closing the first day or is it just the morning sale that these deals are in effect? I would be going at night so i would miss the morning sale.

Thanks

2ndStar
11-05-2009, 06:50 AM
This is the first time hearing this. Is there a link posted somewhere? AP website perhaps? I must admit, i do not regularly visit the Disneyland AP site if i'm not gearing up for a trip. Thanks.

GORGON
11-05-2009, 10:24 AM
Check this link

http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/artofdisneyparks//event/dlr_ap_appreciationdays.html

TowerofTerror
11-05-2009, 02:23 PM
wow awesome I can do some christmas shopping for my friends and family

heatherya
11-05-2009, 08:39 PM
so what's good for AP's after the 5th? we'll be getting there on the 12th.

bennette
11-05-2009, 09:02 PM
Respectfully, if they are thinking I'll be there at 6:30 in the MORNING they better be offering gold plated mickey ears for $1. (No, I do not mean leftover 50th Anniversary ears!)

Sadly, I never feel very appreciated by the offerings on Appreciation Day. 80 cents off a Jamba Juice? Wow-ee.

mechurchlady
11-05-2009, 09:29 PM
I would barely make it for that early an opening. I agree with Bennette on them better be offering something good. I already ahve two identical sweatshirts and a really warm blanket so what are they offering? I got last Spring a beautiful top for 40% off and know where to find them 40% off sales.

If they really appreciate us then how about offering us something like free dinner, half price hotels, and free tours. Sorry but I really do not see me up that morning for shopping. Oh and taxes are due.

ssturgeo
11-06-2009, 04:29 AM
Rats...sure wish I could go....one year they did one early morning AP shopping while we were there in November. It was GREAT...and more than the shopping, was the emptiness of the park...we got lots of GREAT photos! Take advantage of this if you can!!

hlbtimes2
11-06-2009, 07:00 PM
Hmmm, me thinks we planned our trip well! We fly in on the 4th. We are staying at the BWPPI, so it would actually be pretty easy for me to be there at 6:30. We are on such a tight budget this trip, some savings would really be nice.

Malcon10t
11-18-2009, 08:50 PM
Just saw this (http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/artofdisneyparks/event/dlr_ap_appreciationdays.html) and wanted to make sure all know!

"Annual Passholder Appreciation Days

This holiday season, Annual Passholders Can Enjoy Special Holiday Savings and Offers!

Now through January 3, 2010 all So Cal Select, Southern California and Deluxe Passport holders receive 10% off all purchases at select Disneyland Resort stores. For the same time period Premium Passholders receive a 20% discount (usually 10%).* "

DisneyFunFamily4
11-18-2009, 09:11 PM
Just saw this (http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/artofdisneyparks/event/dlr_ap_appreciationdays.html) and wanted to make sure all know!

"Annual Passholder Appreciation Days

This holiday season, Annual Passholders Can Enjoy Special Holiday Savings and Offers!

Now through January 3, 2010 all So Cal Select, Southern California and Deluxe Passport holders receive 10% off all purchases at select Disneyland Resort stores. For the same time period Premium Passholders receive a 20% discount (usually 10%).* "
Thanks for posting, we'll be there on the 5th I may have to stop by and check out what the "door busters" are!

TowerofTerror
11-18-2009, 09:36 PM
Very nice thanks for posting on here I think I'm gone to go shopping for some gifts at the the Disneyland Resort with the Merchandises discount we get as annual passholders.

Jenasweetemotion
11-18-2009, 10:02 PM
Thanks for the info. :)

Maus
11-22-2009, 07:54 PM
I received a surprise 20% off merchandise today. I had not seen any announcement about this and came here to see why. I knew my fellow padders would have the answer! Nice little Christmas bonus.

olegc
11-22-2009, 09:11 PM
I received a surprise 20% off merchandise today. I had not seen any announcement about this and came here to see why. I knew my fellow padders would have the answer! Nice little Christmas bonus.

interesting - a cast member told me this on 11/13 - that starting this week AP holders get 205 through the holidays - but i had not seem that posted anywhere. I hope we can get some official notice somewhere.

Malcon10t
11-23-2009, 05:33 AM
interesting - a cast member told me this on 11/13 - that starting this week AP holders get 205 through the holidays - but i had not seem that posted anywhere. I hope we can get some official notice somewhere.
Scroll up to post 10 and you will see the link to the "official notice".

AVP
11-23-2009, 07:05 AM
interesting - a cast member told me this on 11/13 - that starting this week AP holders get 205 through the holidays - but i had not seem that posted anywhere. *cough* Disneyland Resort Update *cough*

olegc
11-23-2009, 07:29 AM
*cough* Disneyland Resort Update *cough*

ok - just to to be clear - the info for the discount in question was in TODAY's update and - AVP - unless I had a time machine my post was before today's date. The other notice in the NOv 9th update and only talked about the AP Appreciation days from Dec 5th-12th -with no mention of the special moth long discount.

"...Annual Passholder Appreciation Days are December 5-12 in Downtown Disney. Disneyland Resort APs can save at participating Downtown Disney retailers, and shop extended hours at some of the Disney-operated shops. The event kicks off with a special shopping morning on December 5th at the World of Disney store. The store opens at 6:30 am for APs only, and the first 1,000 customers will receive a free Vinylmation figure. Special offers include 50% select merchandise, 20% off all Vinylmation figures, and special "doorbuster" discounts on selected items. A full list of participating merchants and discounts is available on the Annual Passholder Appreciation Days Web site (link)."

Lastly - the information about the 20% discount was added to the page from the Art of Disney parks site after the initial release. I unfortunately ignored the page since I had seen it once. since Malcon10ts post was well after the initial post about the discounts..

so - it's not that I did not see it - it's that I don't spend all my time combing over every word...

AVP
11-23-2009, 08:13 AM
ok - just to to be clear - the info for the discount in question was in TODAY's update and - AVP - unless I had a time machine my post was before today's date. The other notice in the NOv 9th update and only talked about the AP Appreciation days from Dec 5th-12th -with no mention of the special moth long discount. I humbly withdraw my *cough*. I just realized that the discount info I sent in for last week's Update (written by other folks while I was at Walt Disney World for MouseAdventure) didn't make it into the article.

AVP

shellybean
11-23-2009, 10:15 AM
My husband and I were considering heading down to take advantage of this. Has anyone been to an appreciation day event like this? My first thought is "black friday sale" crowds... :eek:

We just picked up our passes this weekend and were suprised by the 20% discount! It wasn't until our 3rd purchase that we both had that, "Wait a second..." and the cast member was so excited to tell us! We were also suprised that they allowed his mother to use our card for the 20% discount!

Darkbeer
11-23-2009, 10:34 AM
There are TWO offers...

The LONG going Merchandise discount that is being offered to ALL AP holders through January 3rd, 2010.

And a SEPARATE promotion for AP holders that has offers from JUST December 5th through the 12th.

FULL details can be found at www.disneyland.com/ap (http://www.disneyland.com/ap)

Maus
11-23-2009, 10:45 AM
That link was already posted in post #10.

What do you mean LONG going? This didn't start until until Nov. 16 and was not even included in the AP newsletter.

Darkbeer
11-23-2009, 10:54 AM
I posted since the Thread title is VERY mislleading....

Annual Passholder Appreciation Days , Dec 5- 12[Now till Jan 3]

ONLY certain offers are available for the 12/5-12th period, and that there is CLEARLY two separate offers, the "AP WEEK" and the extended Merchandise discounts for AP holders. Just trying to clarify the information.

Maus
11-23-2009, 11:24 AM
Then perhaps you meant ongoing.

This is posted on the AP website. And, yes, I agree it's a separate promotion from the Passholder Appreciation Days.

"Southern California Select, Southern California and Deluxe Passholders can save on gifts and souvenirs this holiday season by taking advantage of a 10% discount on all purchases at select DisneylandŽ Resort stores! For Premium Passholders, enjoy a whopping 20% discount instead of the usual 10% discount at these participating stores*!

This offer is valid from November 16, 2009 through January 3, 2010."

AVP
11-23-2009, 02:08 PM
I posted since the Thread title is VERY mislleading....
If you feel a thread title is misleading, please use the Report this Post function to alert the moderators. There's no problem with posting accurate corrections to the thread, but it's probably also a good idea to let us know about the issue so we can correct it. Posting misleading information to correct what you consider to be a misleading thread title doesn't help clarify anything for anyone.

AVP