PDA

View Full Version : candy cane dates!

Pages : [1] 2 3

olegc
11-03-2009, 02:03 PM
In the spirit of American retailing - I am asking REALLY EARLY about candy cane dates at the Main St. Candy shoppe. Anyone have any info?

Malcon10t
11-03-2009, 02:52 PM
Nope.

tod
11-03-2009, 04:47 PM
In the spirit of American retailing - I am asking REALLY EARLY about candy cane dates at the Main St. Candy shoppe. Anyone have any info?

Yeah, I have some information.

Put 714 781 0112 on your speed dial and when you find out when they're going to make candy canes, can you share it?

--t

Malcon10t
11-03-2009, 04:58 PM
Yeah, I have some information.

Put 714 781 0112 on your speed dial and when you find out when they're going to make candy canes, can you share it?

--tROTFL!! I just called to see what was listed. The info was for the week ending Oct 3rd.

darph nader
11-04-2009, 06:07 AM
Who would want to date a candy cane? :confused:

yenko427
11-04-2009, 12:02 PM
If you are lucky enough to get one and try it then you may want to date one!:p

AVP
11-04-2009, 01:17 PM
I asked today, and was told that the candy cane schedule has not been finalized.

AVP

Tinker Bell
11-05-2009, 06:47 AM
Please oh please don't be during my WDW trip. I hope to get 1 this year last year each date I was busy. " crossing fingers "

magicpointeshoe
11-10-2009, 02:07 PM
I asked today about the schedule for Candy Canes and was told only one date was certain so far which is the Friday after Thanksgiving.

olegc
11-10-2009, 02:14 PM
from last year's thread - posted by AVP

"Friday, November 23
Saturday, December 8
Friday, December 14
Saturday, December 22

The first batch will be available about 1 hour after park opening, the 2nd between Noon and 1. No decision has been made about limits."

so I guess it's once per week, twice on that day, and I think they made about 30-45 per batch. Limit 2 canes per person. Exact dates are coming, I suppose.

janell
11-10-2009, 03:00 PM
So what is the strategy in trying to get one of these candy canes and how likely is it? :)

Maggiekat
11-10-2009, 09:16 PM
Just called the candy line and they now have it updated to the 14th getting closer

orchid2
11-11-2009, 12:12 AM
I've heard that the candy canes are so good, please Disney make more so that we can all get some. Some people have to work and can't always make it on special dates....

Malcon10t
11-11-2009, 06:24 AM
I've heard that the candy canes are so good, please Disney make more so that we can all get some. Some people have to work and can't always make it on special dates....Remember, these candy canes are hand made and take considerable time. I think asking them to make more than 90 in a day would be tough for the employees. And there are other candies to be made each day. They cancel other items that day to make these candy canes. Yes, I would love to get some, and no I haven't, but I completely understand the schedule.

olegc
11-11-2009, 08:10 AM
Remember, these candy canes are hand made and take considerable time. I think asking them to make more than 90 in a day would be tough for the employees. And there are other candies to be made each day. They cancel other items that day to make these candy canes. Yes, I would love to get some, and no I haven't, but I completely understand the schedule.

right! to pull that much candy, with gloves, the guy is a total wreck after 2 batches. it's VERY hard work (all by hand).

disneyland addict13
11-11-2009, 09:34 AM
My mom and I are hoping to secure two candy canes for ourselves during our trip in December (16th-22nd)! We're staying at the Grand Californian so we will definitely be utilizing our Early Entry to get in line at the Candy Palace as early as possible. Although the dates for this year aren't available yet, based on dates from previous years, I'm hoping that Saturday the 19th will be a "candy cane day." If it is, we'll be looking to get in line around 7:30 or so. We're prepared for a long wait! :)

Malcon10t
11-11-2009, 12:44 PM
My mom and I are hoping to secure two candy canes for ourselves during our trip in December (16th-22nd)! We're staying at the Grand Californian so we will definitely be utilizing our Early Entry to get in line at the Candy Palace as early as possible. Although the dates for this year aren't available yet, based on dates from previous years, I'm hoping that Saturday the 19th will be a "candy cane day." If it is, we'll be looking to get in line around 7:30 or so. We're prepared for a long wait! :)Well, if there is a 19th date, I would suggest being in line by 7am (MM would likely start at 7am.) Remember, basically the first 40 or so people are the only ones to get them.

Jeffreaky
11-11-2009, 08:44 PM
I was there about three years ago and had no idea the candy canes were a big deal. I'm kicking myself now! We were just standing there watching them through the window making the candy canes. I didn't see a line, where do they line up at? I'm sure I would have noticed 40 people in a line. It didn't seem like it was a big deal. I'm going Nov. 28th, through Dec. 3rd. Hopefully they'll make them while I'm there.

disneyland addict13
11-11-2009, 10:11 PM
Well, if there is a 19th date, I would suggest being in line by 7am (MM would likely start at 7am.) Remember, basically the first 40 or so people are the only ones to get them.

Thanks for the advice! I wasn't sure if 7 would be too early, but we'll definitely head straight there at 7. I can't wait!

janell
11-12-2009, 07:31 PM
I forgot about early entry. I wont even try for it. Im sure they are good, but not that good.

So who has gotten one before? Do they really taste that much better? I know they are hand made and hand made or home made stuff always taste better. But is it worth the wait and the possibility of not getting one?

olegc
11-12-2009, 10:23 PM
I forgot about early entry. I wont even try for it. Im sure they are good, but not that good.

So who has gotten one before? Do they really taste that much better? I know they are hand made and hand made or home made stuff always taste better. But is it worth the wait and the possibility of not getting one?

i have not had one yet but always wanted to get one - solely for the novelty. My guess is the taste is probably slightly better than store bought but could you really tell with Peppermint?

Tinker Bell
11-22-2009, 10:34 AM
Was told by city hall that the canes will be out ever friday after thanksgiving.

Niele
11-22-2009, 12:45 PM
Do they ever sell these at Marceline's or is it only inside the park?

VickiC
11-22-2009, 02:06 PM
i have not had one yet but always wanted to get one - solely for the novelty. My guess is the taste is probably slightly better than store bought but could you really tell with Peppermint?

Probably not, especially not if you put it on the tree or in a stocking and save it until Christmas to eat. Sicne there's only about three ingredients, sugar, water and peppermint extract with a little food coloring, there's just not much to make one candy cane taste better than another.

I made some last year. It's a lot of work but fun.

Malcon10t
11-22-2009, 06:19 PM
Do they ever sell these at Marceline's or is it only inside the park?In the past, only in the park.