PDA

View Full Version : I saw what I think was the Main Street Christmas Tree backstage!

Pages : [1] 2

Dlandmom
11-01-2009, 04:51 PM
I took my kids to DLR for a couple hours this morning/afternoon, and while riding the tram back to the parking structure, I saw a huge tree decorated with ornaments backstage. Before I could whip the ol' camera out, the tree was hidden behind the eucalyptus trees, so I couldn't get a picture of it.

I'm not sure if this was the Main Street tree since I always thought the tree was hauled onto Main Street and then decorated, but it looked pretty darn big. I'm so excited...I can't wait to start seeing holiday decorations at DLR!

DizneyMommy
11-01-2009, 05:32 PM
We are usually able to see it every year peeking out along the tram route, that was probably it!

torquedork
11-01-2009, 05:33 PM
Yes it's the Christmas Tree that's placed on Main Street. For a tree that size it is phsically impossible to get the tree placed and completely decorated in one night while in place on Main Street especially not exactly wanting the public to see Christmas Tree partically done. So the tree gets assembled and decorated as much as possible in the back before moving to the Main Street.

Mrs Mouse
11-01-2009, 06:31 PM
Very cool that you noticed it! We caught a glimpse of last year's tree (while it was still backstage) while riding Splash Mountain. It was so exciting!

We missed seeing it on Main St. by one day, however, which was not so exiting. As we were leaving the park on our last night (quite late) we saw landscaping CMs digging the hole for the tree in the middle of Town Square.

Bytebear
11-01-2009, 07:55 PM
The Tram operator said the tree will most likely be up on Main Street tomorrow. They already have Christmas lights up in New Orleans Square, and a ton of Christmas (and Hanukkah) stuff in the stores.

Since the Christmas tree is now artificial (starting last year), my guess is it is stored fully decorated, and they just make sure it is working before installing it.

cstephens
11-01-2009, 09:18 PM
Yep, that's the tree. We saw it from the tram both times today.

We did see that New Orleans Square was decorated already (though the Court of Angels was closed - I hope they're going to re-open that all nicely decorated like always), and we also noticed that there's already snow on the castle. A friend who's at the resort this week said there's been steadily more snow over the past couple days.

janell
11-02-2009, 06:39 AM
I also saw the christmas tree up along the tram route. It was neat to see.

The park also had decoration starting to go up. New Orleans had lights up. Tis the season. :)

Wendi
11-02-2009, 06:55 AM
Oooohhh, I can't wait!!!

mrsdisney68
11-02-2009, 07:44 AM
I can't wait, it's our first trip at Christmas time so I am reallllyyyyyy looking forward to it:D

tinker3
11-02-2009, 11:09 AM
Our trip starts on Wednesday. I can't wait to see some Christmas decos :)!

FantasmicFan82
11-02-2009, 01:25 PM
Awesome! my plan is to be there Sunday to check it out.

GrumpyGoofyGuy
11-02-2009, 06:42 PM
Is it up yet?

dban3
11-02-2009, 07:16 PM
Is it up yet?

It will be by the weekend for the filming of the Disney Holiday special. We've been there the last two Novembers (2007 & 2008) when the filming has taken place and the tree, if nothing else, has always been up and looking quite beautiful. Makes it tough to negotiate around Main St though.....

DizneyMommy
11-03-2009, 06:20 AM
Wasn't out on Main St yet yesterday 11-02, but it does look fully decorated and ready to go... My 4 yr old DD asked me yesterday on the tram, in a very concerned voice, "But Mommy, how will we get back there to see it?"

islandgirl71
11-04-2009, 02:28 PM
Is it there today?

mechurchlady
11-04-2009, 03:32 PM
Bugsland has Christmas lights, ornaments and a Santa eraser. So is the tree up yet?

DizneyMommy
11-05-2009, 06:39 AM
Nope, wasn't up Tuesday. What is really weird was this year you see half and half mish mash stuff like I have never seen before! Candy Corn Acres up in the front and right behind that is Xmas decor in Bug's Land. Weird! Half of the CA sign letters have candy cane decoration and half don't. That was bizarre. Have they cut the decorating staff so they can only get half as much done in one night after hours?

ginap73
11-05-2009, 08:06 AM
We saw halloween decorations and christmas decorations right next to each other on tuesday.

the shops in new orleans square are all decorated outside, it was awesome.

We were thrilled to be able to get pictures with the candy corn.

AaronInCal
11-05-2009, 09:11 AM
The tree most likely will not be up on Main Street until next week. I have read elsewhere they will put up a stage for the Christmas parade taping this weekend in the spot where the tree goes. This is also what has happened in past years as well.

HobbitFeet
11-06-2009, 11:46 AM
Nope, wasn't up Tuesday. What is really weird was this year you see half and half mish mash stuff like I have never seen before! Candy Corn Acres up in the front and right behind that is Xmas decor in Bug's Land. Weird! Half of the CA sign letters have candy cane decoration and half don't. That was bizarre. Have they cut the decorating staff so they can only get half as much done in one night after hours?

I think I like it! Perfect decorations for early November; very much like stores (H'ween in bargain bins, xmas on its way out into displays) and even homes. :)

ssmatik
11-06-2009, 08:42 PM
I believe the tree goes up the night of 11/12-13. At least that is how it went last year.

DizneyMommy
11-07-2009, 12:32 PM
The tree most likely will not be up on Main Street until next week. I have read elsewhere they will put up a stage for the Christmas parade taping this weekend in the spot where the tree goes. This is also what has happened in past years as well.

Yeah, that is how it usually goes. They can't video tape down Main St and get a clear view with the tree in the way. Plus they put that stage there. Whatever CM said it would be up last Monday was crazy.

MouseVII
11-08-2009, 07:28 AM
Going back to the structure last night the funny CM in the back of the tram said, "I am not supposed to tell you that there is the Christmas tree. In fact, don't turn your head to the right and you will not see the Christmas tree. Okay, everyone just forget the last 30 seconds." Or something along those lines. It was funnier when he said it. But it gave the tram crowd a good laugh.

He also said it would be up on Friday.

mechurchlady
11-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Did not see a tree but they have white trees on Main Street. Toontown is decorated. Big Thunder petting zoo area is decorated for Christmas and is awesome but not ready YET. They have the turkey pen entrance covered and a sign welcoming the pardoned turkeys. Christmas treat is sold from the turkey cart or the other cart next to it in Frontierland. Sorry could not stop to check. DCA letters are candy cane striped and the monorail bridge is decorated.

Tons of ornaments in World of Color and Emporiums. Lots of holiday merchandise is out now.

samsma
11-12-2009, 11:40 AM
The tree went up Monday night! We were there on Monday, and saw the stage being removed, and then Tuesday morning for morning madness, there it was!!!!! So glad we got to see it up on our last day of our trip! It is beautiful!