PDA

View Full Version : OC Weekly Corndog change?

gobears97
10-29-2009, 06:08 PM
I was reading on OC Weekly (http://blogs.ocweekly.com/stickaforkinit/really/chowhounds-suspect-that-disney/)

that Disneyland may have changed the dog that they are using for the corndog. I was at the park yesterday and really thought about having one. Has anyone else heard this rumor? Sorry if this has been covered before.

bennette
10-29-2009, 06:23 PM
I would agree they are smaller and have been for a few months. Had one two weeks ago-ish. And yes, I believe it has been rumored on this site.

I wouldn't say they taste any different though. Once you fry it up, it's hard to notice a change. I mean, I think it may be the same grease!!! (Personally, I wish they would offer a tofu version).

Frankly, I thought the old ones were too big. But maybe this explains why my husband was compelled to get a cheese-filled pretzel IMMEDIATELY after finishing his corn dog, which I thought a little over the top.

houseofmouse
10-29-2009, 07:22 PM
I would agree they are smaller and have been for a few months. Had one two weeks ago-ish. And yes, I believe it has been rumored on this site.

Smaller = same price?? I am sure the answer is yes. We had one in July at Pacific Warf and thought it was not as tasty as last October before they closed the Corny Dog Castle.

bennette
10-29-2009, 07:35 PM
Smaller = same price?? I am sure the answer is yes.

I imagine it is. Same as everything else at the parks right now. I wouldn't be surprised if it was smaller for a higher price...

Darkbeer
10-29-2009, 07:40 PM
As I understand it, they went from a larger All Beef Hot Dog to a combination Beef/Chicken Hot Dog that is smaller.

mechurchlady
10-29-2009, 09:34 PM
"Where's the beef?" :eek:
The new cry heard round the parks.

letitsnow
10-29-2009, 09:57 PM
yes!!! i was so disappointed! i get a corndog every visit...and this one barely had any of the cornbread batter at the bottom and was definately smaller. They also serve it on a red plastic basket so they are no longer in the wrapper. :mad:

i do believe it was the same price and i think the bag of chips are smaller.

last time i had one was in June of this year..

janell
10-30-2009, 06:24 AM
As I understand it, they went from a larger All Beef Hot Dog to a combination Beef/Chicken Hot Dog that is smaller.

Thank you for posting that they maybe using beef/chicken dogs. I know someone who is allergic to chicken. I will let that person know, as I know they have enjoyed the hotdogs before and may not have known they have changed.

newhdplayer
10-30-2009, 06:36 AM

That's not right.

I'm boycotting Corn Dogs.

bennette
10-30-2009, 07:39 AM
They also serve it on a red plastic basket so they are no longer in the wrapper.

Ours have still been coming in the wrapper. Perhaps you were there on a day where they ran out of wrappers? They ARE served in the red plastic baskets used all over the park now, instead of a cardboard box. A environmental thing...

MammaSilva
10-30-2009, 09:04 AM
We had corndogs for dinner last Sunday and I noticed they were smaller and tasted different, then on Monday I had a hot dog in toon town and asked if they were all beef and was told now they are 60 percent beef/40 percent chicken...the two dogs had the exact same taste and the ones in toontown were smaller as well. I'll still have the corndogs but just accept that the changes are what they are.

LLCMC
10-30-2009, 09:19 AM
I've always prefered chicken dogs. I'll eat an all-beef, but I enjoy the ones with some chicken in them more. Like Oscar Meyer weiners.

orchid2
10-31-2009, 12:49 AM
once again Disney is missing the boat with the corn dogs... the lines at that place were always 5 minutes and longer.... can't tell me they were doing great business on those corn dogs.....now they've changed them and aren't all beef but combo chicken/beef i can't eat chicken, would like to thank you all for giving me this information regarding the chicken. Disney needs to stop changing there foods so much.....

CindyR
10-31-2009, 02:28 AM
They have seemed to changed their menus quite a bit in the last year, adding and subtracting what you get with items, ingredients and so on. I went to Village Haus yesterday and was disappointed to see that you no longer get a side with the pizza. I remember a short couple of years ago when you got an entire side salad with it. Then, it went down to the vegetable salad, then the apples, and now nada. I wonder if they're really hurting enough that they decided they need to make changes, or if they just wanted to help their bottom dollar? Well, maybe this will encourage me to stop eating in the parks as often, haha.

mechurchlady
10-31-2009, 02:29 AM
I saw a corn dog at the meet last night and it was way smaller than the ones I used to eat when DCA first opened. It looks like the State Farm brand of dogs you get frozen in cases.

Gone2Disneyland
11-01-2009, 05:47 PM
Smaller dogs or not, just reading through everyone's posts is making me hungry for a Disneyland corn dog!! :p It's been a while since I last got a corn dog in the parks, so unless I taste a drastic difference in flavor when I finally get another one, I'm with MammaSilva on this one and just gonna go with the flow. Price and ingredient changes at the park are absolutely nothing new.

janell
11-02-2009, 06:40 AM
Did they change the corn dogs on Main Street too?

houseofmouse
11-02-2009, 07:09 AM
^^^^^^^ It becomes a big deal when like someone said they cannot eat chicken for whatever reason and the new ingredient is not listed when it is purchased.
I would assume the change effects the ones on Main Street too.

ShirleyFilms
11-02-2009, 01:17 PM
Last time we got corndogs (3 weeks ago), we got it with apples, and they gave us TWO bags of apples EACH. We have never been given two bags of apples with each order. Also, the apples were a different brand than they have been for the past few years. Not a brand I had heard of before.

Corndog smaller, more apples. Seemed healthier. :) Don't know if it was intentional. Maybe they just accidentally gave us too many apples. ?

dban3
11-02-2009, 08:20 PM
Smaller corn dogs, shrinking plate sizes, and charging extra for tomatoes on burgers. How to get nickle and dimed by a multi-billion dollar company.

adriennek
11-02-2009, 08:22 PM
Last time we got corndogs (3 weeks ago), we got it with apples, and they gave us TWO bags of apples EACH. We have never been given two bags of apples with each order. Also, the apples were a different brand than they have been for the past few years. Not a brand I had heard of before.

Corndog smaller, more apples. Seemed healthier. :) Don't know if it was intentional. Maybe they just accidentally gave us too many apples. ?

I got two bags of apples at DCA the other night. I think they were Tree Top.

Add my vote: I would rather have a smaller hot dog with two bags of apples. And it wasn't exactly a "Small" corn dog. It was still a pretty good sized hot dog with plenty of greasy fried corn meal batter!

Adrienne

GrumpyGoofyGuy
11-03-2009, 05:47 AM
Smaller corn dogs, shrinking plate sizes, and charging extra for tomatoes on burgers. How to get nickle and dimed by a multi-billion dollar company.

Where are they charging extra for tomatoes on burgers?

Darkbeer
11-03-2009, 06:03 AM
Where are they charging extra for tomatoes on burgers?

Hungry Bear Restaurant... 95 cents extra for Tomatoes.

darph nader
11-03-2009, 08:00 PM

They have to pay for the new park in China somehow. :rolleyes:

dban3
11-03-2009, 08:30 PM
My wife and I could split one of the huge corn dogs served up at the Little Red Wagon or the Corn Dog Castle/Bountiful Farms (thereby halving our grease content). One of these days some park exec is going to figure out that having a meal at the Carnation Cafe or grabbing a quick bite at the Blue Ribbon Bakery are really pretty good deals. We can't have any of that now can we?