PDA

View Full Version : The First 50 Magical Years (coming back?)

Mickeygirlforever
10-26-2009, 08:12 PM
Hey there! I haven't got to experience this yet...well the film with Steve Martin that is...is it going to come back because I just heard the attraction audio for it and am bummed I haven't seen it yet...gave me goosebumps...
Oh I hope it's coming back...

cstephens
10-26-2009, 08:15 PM
Hey there! I haven't got to experience this yet...well the film with Steve Martin that is...is it going to come back because I just heard the attraction audio for it and am bummed I haven't seen it yet...gave me goosebumps...
Oh I hope it's coming back...

The film is currently showing in the outside lobby portion of the Lincoln Theatre, at the back of the room.

darph nader
10-26-2009, 08:38 PM
It was pretty cool. The Steve Martin voice overs with Walt were kinda annoying,imho.

Sesameguy
10-29-2009, 11:05 AM
The film is currently showing in the outside lobby portion of the Lincoln Theatre, at the back of the room.

Is the theatre now open? I thought it was still closed.

oregontraveler
10-29-2009, 01:20 PM
The actual theater is NOT OPEN yet, due to reopen in December with the
new Mr. Lincoln. I heard that they are required by contract to keep showing
the 50th movie, which is why they moved it to the lobby.

findingmickey
10-30-2009, 12:02 AM
opera house lobby is open... only two benches to watch the film, which is broken into nice little 5 minute clips.

cool thing in the lobby, the green Griffith Park Bench that Walt Disney sat on while dreaming up Disneyland. (we really wonder if its the ACTUAL bench.. it's cool to believe either way.)

janell
10-30-2009, 06:17 AM
I like it that they are showing the 50th movie in the lobby. Why not? They have the footage, its history of the park. I think its cool and hope they keep it.

dban3
11-05-2009, 11:04 AM
I love this little film. If Disneyland would have sold it in DVD format during the 50th, I would have bought it in a heartbeat. Instead, I bought the their 50th Anniversary souvenier DVD which was absolute dreadful and nothing more than an excercise in self promotion. PS....a "copy" of the Steve Martin film has been available to view as streaming video from wdwntube.com.