PDA

View Full Version : 4 different fireworks shows a year

cstephens
10-24-2009, 11:05 AM
Invoking the caveat of "a CM told me", but in this case, I'd say the CM is pretty reliable. As part of a tour we're doing this week, we had the chance to listen to/speak to one of the pyro guys. He's one of the guys who actually sits in the booth and fires the launchers for the fireworks show, and he also does pyro for "Fantasmic" as well.

He mentioned that the plan is to run four different fireworks shows a year, at least for the time being.

"Remember" would run from January to May, then "Magical" would run from June to August/September during the summer promotion. There would also then be the Halloween Screams fireworks during Halloweentime and then Holiday Believe during the holiday season.

I was excited to hear that Remember will be coming back, and it'll be fun to have different shows during different times of the year.

TowerofTerror
10-24-2009, 11:50 AM
cool I'm glad they will back Remember if your source is right since he he is a firework pyro for Fantasmic and the fireworks.

houseofmouse
10-24-2009, 12:37 PM
I love Remember, but really liked Magical too. Something new to replace Remember would be nice though as Dland will be celebrating it's 55th next year! Yes, I know Magical is new. If Remember stays I need to get out there before summer to see it. :)

I like the idea of the Holiday fireworks. However once Nov.2nd rolls around what takes the place of the Halloween Fireworks until they run the Christmas Fireworks the week before or of (can't remember) Thanksgiving? Nothing? :confused:

DizneyMommy
10-24-2009, 02:24 PM
I like the idea of the Holiday fireworks. However once Nov.2nd rolls around what takes the place of the Halloween Fireworks until they run the Christmas Fireworks the week before or of (can't remember) Thanksgiving? Nothing? :confused:

Usually nothing, if I remember correctly they run extra Fantasmic shows and no fireworks until the Holiday ones start for part of November while they do the switch over anyways.

candles71
10-24-2009, 03:49 PM
Didn't someone point out (in another thread), that there is only one weekend between the end of the Halloween fireworks and the start of the Christmas season (like the 13th of November)? I will have to look.

3Princesses1Prince
10-24-2009, 04:33 PM
Didn't someone point out (in another thread), that there is only one weekend between the end of the Halloween fireworks and the start of the Christmas season (like the 13th of November)? I will have to look.

Correct. There is only one weekend between the end of Halloween and the start of xmas!

Niwel
10-24-2009, 10:20 PM
I would think they would swap it and run Magical during the first part of the year and then "Remember" to coincide with Disneyland's birthday....

BunnyCups
10-24-2009, 11:33 PM
I would think they would swap it and run Magical during the first part of the year and then "Remember" to coincide with Disneyland's birthday....

No! That makes -too- much sense.

potterphreak
10-25-2009, 01:37 PM
I loooove Remember, to me they are the very definition of "Disney fireworks" (which to me means they make me cry, hahahaha!). I didn't care for Magical in early August, seriously, other than Dumbo those fireworks could have been viewed at my local minor league baseball games. Saw Screams last night and while Zero and "Moon" were new and interesting, fireworks themselves rated a mere "meh" from me, which means better than Magical but nowhere near Remember, haha! Asked hubby last night, so when they gonna introduce turkey time to the parks? Would love to see THAT lit up in the skies with lots of gobble gobble noises. No takers?!

dznyphreak
10-25-2009, 08:08 PM
...so when they gonna introduce turkey time to the parks? Would love to see THAT lit up in the skies with lots of gobble gobble noises. No takers?!

I want some Presidents' Day fireworks. In the shape of George Washington.

Phantom2006
10-29-2009, 01:47 AM
According to the Disneyland website "Remember... Dreams Come True" will be showing at 9:25 p.m. on November 6th, 7th, and 8th. I really hope this is true.

Another Dimension
10-29-2009, 01:04 PM
According to the Disneyland website "Remember... Dreams Come True" will be showing at 9:25 p.m. on November 6th, 7th, and 8th. I really hope this is true.

Interesting! :cool:

LLCMC
10-30-2009, 09:27 AM
Remember was a great show, but I would prefer they come up with something new than continue rehashing it. Likely without the Frontierland portion, to boot. I have no problem with Magical during the summer. I understand the desire to not disrupt a walkway during summer, and I actually really liked the show. I like having multiple shows throughout the year too, but again I'd rather they do something new for that segment of the calendar than just bring back something old.

cstephens
10-30-2009, 09:39 AM
I like having multiple shows throughout the year too, but again I'd rather they do something new for that segment of the calendar than just bring back something old.

Holiday Believe is even older than Remember.

LLCMC
10-30-2009, 11:26 AM
Holiday Believe is even older than Remember.

I'm opposed to them using the same exact Christmas show for many years, as well. A couple years I can understand. But I'd rather they try something new than simply re-install an old show. Or at least something new within the show from year to year... but of course, that's just my personal preference. Obviously many people are okay with it. I felt crazy for being seemingly the only one not completely head over heels at the idea of bringing back Remember. It was fantastic, no doubt... but having something new to look forward to for Magical, and then Screams, was a lot of fun. Remember... played for soooo long, and I lost the magic of anticipation. I still get excited, but not knowing what I'm going to see - seeing something entirely new! - really puts an extra amount of enjoyment in it for me. I've throughly enjoyed every Disneyland fireworks display I've seen.... I would just prefer not to rehash something old. The fact that they're mixing up the displays throughout the year is definitely nice though.

cstephens
10-30-2009, 01:59 PM
I agree that having new shows is nice, but keep in mind that it's not easy or cheap. There's a lot of thought and planning that goes into creating a new show, and I think Steve Davison has done a heck of a job with Believe, Remember and Halloween Screams, not to mention Magical this year as well. Asking for a new show in a very short amount of time is asking for a lot.

There are also a lot of people who don't visit the park very often, so they'd miss out on a show that's only around for a year or two. There are some people who saw Remember for the first time this year.

Fantasy in the Sky ran for quite a number of years, as I recall. I'm just amazed that now, they're going to be running four different shows a year. I think we just take it for granted, but that's pretty amazing.

LLCMC
10-30-2009, 02:22 PM
I agree that having new shows is nice, but keep in mind that it's not easy or cheap. There's a lot of thought and planning that goes into creating a new show, and I think Steve Davison has done a heck of a job with Believe, Remember and Halloween Screams, not to mention Magical this year as well. Asking for a new show in a very short amount of time is asking for a lot.

There are also a lot of people who don't visit the park very often, so they'd miss out on a show that's only around for a year or two. There are some people who saw Remember for the first time this year.

Fantasy in the Sky ran for quite a number of years, as I recall. I'm just amazed that now, they're going to be running four different shows a year. I think we just take it for granted, but that's pretty amazing.

I mostly agree with you. But I would rather see a year-round fireworks show that is re-done every couple of years or so, with the seasonal offerings (Halloween and Christmas) sprinkled in, than to have the "new" show only in the summer (what about those who don't visit in the summer, and have seen Remember?), and an old one playing the rest of the time. Just my opinion, but like I said I am obviously in the minority, as most people seem not just okay, but jubilant with Remember's return.

cstephens
10-30-2009, 03:03 PM
than to have the "new" show only in the summer (what about those who don't visit in the summer, and have seen Remember?)

Ahhh, but that's the dangling carrot. If people want to see Magical, they have to visit in the summer, just as is the case if they want to see Halloween Screams or the Ghost Galaxy version of Space Mountain or Haunted Mansion Holiday - they'd then have to plan for that time of year.

I think it might actually work out for planning purposes - if you want to see a particular fireworks show, you know when to go.