PDA

View Full Version : Club 33 visit

Ralph Wiggum
07-19-2001, 11:33 AM
I went to Club 33 on sunday for my brothers 33rd birthday (how appropriate, dont you think). Just have to say i was very impressed

First of all it was sooo nice and so were the CM's. I loved all the artwork on the walls and the harpsicord(Being a piano player I was really temped to sit down and play, but i didnt). I got to look at the Walt Disney pictures in the dinning room right at the top of the stairs. If you get a chance, ask if you can take a peek.

One of the CM's let me in on a secret. The top right picture shows walt smoking. This is the only picture on any Disney property that shows him doing this. It was sent to them from the disney archives on accident and when they realized their mistake the archives let them keep it.

I took a paper towel from the bathroom that had the 33 emblum on it. The toilet was cool as well. It's an old fashion one that has a resavoir above and you pull a chain to flush.

I got a mug, stir stick, chocolate and that paper towel as souvineers....:D :D :D .... It was great!!!

P.S. sorry once again for the spelling mistakes....i am at work and the computer is slow so the spell check is not worth taking the time.

lisap
07-19-2001, 12:10 PM
Wow, sounds like you had a wonderful time but you left out the most important part of your meal...
How did you like the macaroons?
Please remedy this oversight immediately!!
:D

Napsto
07-19-2001, 12:47 PM
sounds fun. i love that place every time.

Ralph Wiggum
07-19-2001, 01:00 PM
Thanx for mentioning it Lisa.....As you all know i post sometimes at work.. I wanted to go on and talk about food but I had to switch computers so i just sent what i had. Too bad we cant save:(:( :(

Anyways... I started off with a diner salad w/ ranch...it was good....I had a 6 Sprites, and about 5 rolls. For my main course I had the chicken and boy was it tender...ahahahhahahaaa(homer salavating). For dessert I had the crem brule..but between the 7 of us we had all the desserts and we traded and all were supurb.

The elevator was cool too, though I felt like I was in "Rocky Horror Picture Show." I just had to tap my foot while in motion.

Anything else Lisa;)

lisap
07-19-2001, 01:03 PM
Stop, you're killing me.

Napsto
07-19-2001, 01:18 PM
lucky guy.

Flubber
07-19-2001, 01:44 PM
Man! this sounds like fun. Sprite, rolls and macaroons. Top notch atmosphere to boot! Green with envy I am.
Glad you had a good time.

By the way, if anyone needs someone to join them for dinner at Club 33 I'm available.

Flub

Maleficent0
07-19-2001, 03:07 PM
I'm with Flubber! I've never been to Club 33 in all my years as a Disneyland guest. Guess I haven't been lucky enough to find someone who is a member and would indulge me.

<sniffling in the corner>

Hades
07-19-2001, 05:28 PM
I LOVE that place!

I got to dine in the Trophy room. My brother's friend's mom got us the reservations (she worked as the executive secretary to one of the Monsanto execs.) We had a party of 13 (ok, so we don't believe in that superstition! :D ). I had the Beef Berganion (sp?) and it was as tender as I have ever experienced beef to be!

The wait staff was incredible! There was a bread server, a drink hostess, wine steward, dessert hostess, and of course, the Head Waiter. Very posh! Of course I had alcohol (who would ever believe that I had a drink served to me at Disneyland! Well, that was way before DCA!)

A good time was had by all, to the tune of over $900 to my brothers AMEX card!:D I still have the pen he used to sign the bill! HEHEHEE! (don't tell him! He still doesn't know I have it! It's embossed with the Club 33 logo on it. I'll never give it back! MUAHAHAHA!)

My brother is still one up on me on the visits to Club 33 though. He got to enjoy the brunch there. I still can't believe that he got to enjoy as many lobster tails as he wanted! He told me it was quite a lavish buffet!

I highly recommend a visit if the chance ever comes your way! :)

steamboatStu
07-20-2001, 07:01 AM
Sounds like you had a great time Ralph! How bout that coffee? When we dined there a couple weeks ago I had veal with scallops - heavenly! Anyway, has anyone ever been there for one of the special events? Do they ever have member only nights? Has anyone ever dined there when a celeb was present?

As for those of you who haven't had the opportunity to dine there - don't dispair, you never know when you may meet a member (grin).

Is membership still limited to 400? Has the new silver membership increased that number? If so, by how much?

Castmbrdlx
07-20-2001, 12:10 PM
Lucky guy. Sounds like you had fun. Im glad the you mentioned the CM's. I know quite a few and they really work very hard at that location....

Napsto
07-22-2001, 02:57 AM
I LOVE CLUB 33.
Everybody taeks those napkins.

Ozymandius
08-20-2001, 12:48 PM
I still think the brunch buffet's is the best. $50 all you can eat. Different everytime.

mmmmm Pasta Bar mmmmm

:)

Cadaverous Pallor
08-21-2001, 09:32 AM
AUGH! All of you people that have seen the inside of Club 33 are making me so jealous!;) It's not fair.

JRob2k1
08-21-2001, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Ralph Wiggum
I took a paper towel from the bathroom that had the 33 emblum on it. The toilet was cool as well. It's an old fashion one that has a resavoir above and you pull a chain to flush.

All right Im not the only one who was tempted to do this...I actually kept the wrapper from the after-dinner mint. It has a great "33" emblem on it and i carry it around in my wallet at all times.

I visited Club33 over three years ago!! It was an incredible experience!

-JRob

Ralph Wiggum
08-21-2001, 05:25 PM
I did one better...I didnt even eat the chocolate. I got a stir straw, a mug, and took napkins from the bathroom and table

beanpole
08-21-2001, 06:26 PM
I'm turning purple with envy!

I wish Disneyland would open a simulated version of Club 33 for its 'regular' guests. Here's how it might work:

(1) The restaurant is not listed on any official guidebooks or maps. Guests hear about it via word of mouth and independent reviewers.

(2) It's called "Club 34" and is located somewhere in NOS.

(3) Guests are required to make reservations in advance. How far in advance? At least one day. That forces guests to spend at least two days in the Disneyland Resort.

(4) It's actually just a themed restaurant, not a club, so no membership dues are necessary. However, the theming includes a full simulation of exclusiveness, so guests feel as if they've visited the real Club 33.

(5) Menus, atmosphere, amenities and service are similar to Club 33's - and meals are priced accordingly.

(6) Upon entering the restaurant, guests believe they are part of a select group. In actuality, there are five to ten identical Club 34 restaurants (all connected together) to maximize capacity. The lift from the lobby secretly spins the guest around to the appropriate door and nobody is the wiser.

FantasmicFan82
08-21-2001, 06:27 PM
Yeah Beanpole, i'm in for that!:rolleyes: :)