PDA

View Full Version : Peoplemover dreamin'

Imaginears
10-22-2009, 03:09 PM
As most already know, I have Peoplemover on the brain. But, I know sometimes members post "dream ideas" for what they'd like to see in the park and I thought it might be fun to come up with more ideas for the track, should the ride itself not return. My idea is to have a running parade on the track that appears evey couple of hours. It can have a cast of all our futuristic pals (ie. Wall-E, Buzz) and others! The advantage of the track is that the whole parade can be seen elevated, seen all over tomorrowland, and prizes ancan be tossed to excited viewers (kinda like a Mardi Gras parade). Ultimately, I envision a grand nightime parade of neon colors, merriment and a nod to the future, something that always excited Walt. I already have the tage line: THIS SUMMMER, Tomorrowland "Glows to the Future"! Any other ideas out there?

darph nader
10-22-2009, 04:22 PM
Nice idea,Too weird. :cool:
(and I know weird) :rolleyes:

BIRDGIRLS
10-22-2009, 04:24 PM
Interesting concept but it reminds me of the procession that comes out of Small World. I think it would be awkward because people would stop in the middle of the aisle to stare at a parade that's right above their heads. The Small World mini-parade works because it doesn't really clog up any traffic, and people don't have to crane their necks to watch it. Unless they're on a boat of course.

But I think some sort of rider-interactive ride up there would be cool. Like a space pod version of Autopia or something, haha. I dunno. A ride.

DEADmenTELLnoTALES
10-22-2009, 05:17 PM
make the track into the transit system like the one on the Axiom from WALL.E?

when you enter what used to be TRON'S game grid it can be of outter space where WALL.E and EVA are dancing, and in the distance you can actually see the Axiom.

You can put a little monitor in front of each seat that gives a brief description of tomorrowland's past and possible future. (using sigorny weaver as the voice of the computer of course) ;)

Bob Weaver
10-22-2009, 06:26 PM
http://www.fireworksland.com/misc/peoplemover.jpg

DEADmenTELLnoTALES
10-22-2009, 06:45 PM
http://www.fireworksland.com/misc/peoplemover.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA PERFECT! but the tram held like four or five chairs, didn't it?

more along the lines of this one

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/06/30/technology/walle.531.jpg

Madame Liota
10-27-2009, 06:13 PM
I want the people mover back...it was a nice ride and since i was scared to go on Space Mtn. back then it helped me see how dark it really was inside there and i eventually got over my fear...it also helped me to see that Circle Vision really was brutal but i had to see it anyways because my mom liked it...i tried to sleep then, but it was nice to go through the tomorrow land rides.

Bob Weaver
10-27-2009, 06:42 PM
I read on another forum that if they had new PeopleMover cars today they would be required by state law to have the windows in such a way that you could not touch any of the passing walls from the windows. If they had left the PeopleMover running it would have been grandfathered in and exempt from the law but because they discontinued it, now they would have to redesign the cars. They could still have the windows open on the sides from car to car, but the ones on the sides would have to be closed so that you could not touch walls you went past. Someone else said there should be a PeopleMover station in Fantasyland and I think that's a good idea too.

jeffthechef
10-28-2009, 03:33 PM
There was an idea floating around a couple years ago about making the track like the orbs on Syndrome's island in The Incredibles. They would be able to tilt back and forth and rotate side-to-side. Additionally, it was going to be loaded w/ scenes from the movie. It could work...

mkraemer
10-30-2009, 08:29 AM
There was an idea floating around a couple years ago about making the track like the orbs on Syndrome's island in The Incredibles. They would be able to tilt back and forth and rotate side-to-side. Additionally, it was going to be loaded w/ scenes from the movie. It could work...

I like this idea, and considering the use of digital imaging that's being incorporated into the Disney Dream, it seems very do-able. It would be great!!

BIRDGIRLS
10-30-2009, 09:06 AM
I always thought it would be cool to put a restaurant where the load area is. But then I guess people might get weird and throw food off the edge. And that would make the track useless. Unless they combined a restaurant WITH the ride.. although that seems pretty impossible too.