PDA

View Full Version : More on Toaster Mystery

Duane
01-28-2003, 04:34 AM
The toaster found in the Rivers of America came from a CM playing a practical joke on another. One cast member at the Hungry Bear Restaurant used to like to feed the ducks during her break. For some odd reason, she kept a toaster at work to toast the bread before feeding time. She always complained about not having enough time to toast enough bread during her breaks. As a joke, another CM threw the toaster in the water and told her the ducks could make their own toast now.

hbquikcomjamesl
01-28-2003, 07:26 AM
I didn't know the Rivers of America ran that deep. Oh, sorry: when I saw the word "toaster," I thought you meant "toaster" as in primitive electronic organ. :p

Cadaverous Pallor
01-28-2003, 12:42 PM
Why didn't you post this in your other toaster thread? :confused:

RStar
01-28-2003, 02:35 PM
I was wondering why the multi-toaster poster;)........
(Sounds like a breakfast cereal:D)

Now, I have fed ducks many times before and never felt the need to toast the bread. This still seems fishy to me................

Pirate Girl
01-28-2003, 03:48 PM
Ok. That's a funny. Sounds like a fairy tale. But its definatly funny!

Ace
01-28-2003, 04:39 PM
that little toaster sure was brave.

rexfarms
01-28-2003, 07:27 PM
What about the bowling ball?

cemeinke
01-28-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by rexfarms
What about the bowling ball?

This was obviously a case of mistaken identity - with all those Fantasmic! shows over the years this simply must just be a stray cannon ball

rexfarms
01-28-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by cemeinke
This was obviously a case of mistaken identity - with all those Fantasmic! shows over the years this simply must just be a stray cannon ball

LOL

RStar
01-29-2003, 10:02 AM
Which came first, the toaster, or the bowling ball?

That reminds me. I heard a story once from a TDA CM who knows the directer of Fantasmic who told him that while the show was going during the part where Monstro slaps his tail on the water surface, a large carp that had gotten stuck into one of the water cannons that shoots water (simulating the water flung out by his tail). It built up pressure, then broke loose suddingly, and with enough force to launch the flying fish out into the audience. That would have been a sight!:D

Pirate Girl
01-29-2003, 02:25 PM
Newbies to Fantasmic might have even thought that Disney rigged it to be realistic. ;)

rexfarms
01-29-2003, 02:25 PM
Interesting indeed but what about the bowling ball?

refurbmike
01-29-2003, 02:36 PM
It couldn't fit into through the pumps.

Re: Flying Carp... I heard that many animals were endangered of being sucked into those pumps and launched towards the audience. Eventually, Disney had to put screen over the pumps to prevent future animal fatalities.

Pirate Girl
01-29-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by refurbmike
Re: Flying Carp... I heard that many animals were endangered of being sucked into those pumps and launched towards the audience. Eventually, Disney had to put screen over the pumps to prevent future animal fatalities.

No, this is just a common rumor. All the various animals are scared away by all the pre-Fantasmic noise. So no animals have ever actually been hurt. :)

RStar
01-29-2003, 03:15 PM
I think that carp was the only one, and it was stuck in the water cannon before the show started.

MetalliKitty
02-02-2003, 01:37 AM
I visited last Tuesday. After exiting the Splash Mountain exit line, there is some blocking wall, and then a little fenced area where you can see some of the drained ROA area...anyways, there was a red beach cruiser bicycle down in the riverbed.

I am sure there is a PERFECTLY good reason for a bicycle in the riverbed, but???

DisneyGuy03
02-02-2003, 07:32 AM
Actual;ly, by now, that's probaby a vehicle that belongs to maintenance, after all they are on dirt and such, a bike would work great for getting around there.

HBTiggerFan
02-02-2003, 11:40 AM
wouldn't a bike with tread such as a mountain bike be better for getting around on the river bed? I just figured they wore thick boots, posibally of the hiking style.

rexfarms
02-02-2003, 01:10 PM
Speaking of the brown wood fence around Splash, why is it there?:confused: