PDA

View Full Version : Oktoberfest at Downtown Disney District - October 23-25

AVP
10-21-2009, 01:48 PM
Downtown Disney is hosting their first-ever Oktoberfest celebration October 23-25. Three groups will perform "festive Bavarian music" at locations throughout Downtown Disney:

German alphorn ensemble Alphorngruppe will perform near the ESPN Zone Friday, Oct. 23 and Saturday, Oct. 24 from 6-10pm

Polka band Stewart Undem will perform throughout Downtown Disney Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 6-10pm.

Polka-playing accordion musician Doug Lacey will perform throughout Downtown Disney Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 6-10pm.

As we reported in the Disneyland Resort Update, Catal's Uva Bar is celebrating Oktoberfest with a special menu of German specialties and beer. Menu items include a Mix Grill of Oktoberfest Sausage or traditional dishes like Kasknoedel, Backfisch, Wurstsalat, Schweinefleisch and Apfelstrudel. On October 23 & 24, the Uva Bar will host an Oktoberfest Happy Hour from 3-5pm, with featured Oktoberfest beers for $5, $5 well cocktails and house wines by the glass, and 50% off the special Oktoberfest Menu. Live entertainment will be offered on October 23 and 24 from 6-10 PM Visit the restaurant's Web site for more information about their Oktoberfest promotion (link (http://www.mouseplanet.com/9004/www.patinagroup.com/oktoberfest2009)).

AVP

newhdplayer
10-21-2009, 03:59 PM
Now I know where I'll be for my birthday.

Prosit, and Zicke-Zicke-Zicke ...Hoi-Hoi-Hoi!

AVP
10-21-2009, 04:18 PM

Prosit, and Zicke-Zicke-Zicke ...Hoi-Hoi-Hoi!The UVA bar menu looked really good to me - let me know what you think.

AVP

mechurchlady
10-21-2009, 05:56 PM

Prosit, and Zicke-Zicke-Zicke ...Hoi-Hoi-Hoi!
Calvin and me might be there on the 24th or 25th as he LOVES music so much that my touring plans are demolished. He even stopped to listen to music along paths. I am sure he will love this. Thanks for the information.

They will have the Sephora consultation for free and a goodie bag at end of consultation. Gingerbread thing sounds fun for Calvin but not for me. This is really coolio.

cstephens
10-22-2009, 11:59 PM
We saw the Uva Bar's menu tonight and are planning on having that for lunch on Saturday. Sounded yummy.