PDA

View Full Version : Whitewater Snacks [price increase]

Pages : [1] 2

avmom
10-21-2009, 01:18 PM
Just a heads up to everyone they have raised the prices by $2.00 on most items on the menu.

TowerofTerror
10-21-2009, 01:42 PM
wow thanks for telling us. I liked going to White Water Snacks.

mrsdisney68
10-21-2009, 01:47 PM
Just a heads up to everyone they have raised the prices by $2.00 on most items on the menu.

I think for most items that isn't too bad there. I really enjoyed what they had for breakfast and the nachos were great!!

dlfansx4
10-21-2009, 01:53 PM

Hum, we just ate there on Saturday. I'll have to ask DH if he noticed the price difference. Of course we had one extra person with us so he might not have noticed anyway. We still will probably go there, just to get out of the crowds for a little while :-)

Ms.Pecks
10-21-2009, 04:08 PM
Whitewater has always been one of the best kept secrets at the resort. But with the recent price increases and the smaller portions it is keeping in step with everything else at the resort, more money for less product. I am so dissappointed with Disney. I own a small business and could never get away with the #*^* they do!

Bytebear
10-21-2009, 04:35 PM
I miss the strawberry they used to give you with your burger and fries. it was a simple thing, but it made the meal feel special compared to the other burger joints in the park.

DLANDLUVR
10-21-2009, 07:12 PM
OH! they're so yummy! oh well it would happen eventually..........

darph nader
10-21-2009, 10:04 PM
If they keep this up,us poor working folk are goin to be priced right out. :crying:

avmom
10-22-2009, 07:43 AM
The nachos are now 9.99. We noticed that while the chip portion seems to have stayed the same the toppings have gotten smaller. I also noticed that they now sell family size frozen meals,bags of bagels and loafs of bread.

houseofmouse
10-22-2009, 10:13 AM
This is surprising why? Even around here restaurants have cut back on sizing and additions to meals while keeping the prices the same or higher. I like leftovers!!
I have heard the food there is good but 10 bucks for nachos is a bit much, unless two can share as a meal.

The economy still has to recover, so prices are going to keep increasing.

Drince88
10-22-2009, 11:27 AM
I also noticed that they now sell family size frozen meals,bags of bagels and loafs of bread.
This is a common offering at DVC resorts elsewhere, so I'm not shocked to hear that (I think AVP reported about Whitewater Snacks offerings of 'grocery' items as part of the DVC opening coverage.)

AVP
10-22-2009, 12:00 PM
I have the new menu prices, and will update a little later today. The thing I'm most annoyed to see was that they removed the French dip sandwich, which was my favorite item there.

AVP

darph nader
10-22-2009, 01:23 PM
This is surprising why? Even around here restaurants have cut back on sizing and additions to meals while keeping the prices the same or higher. I like leftovers!!
I have heard the food there is good but 10 bucks for nachos is a bit much, unless two can share as a meal.

The economy still has to recover, so prices are going to keep increasing.

The sad part is,once the economy recovers,what are the chances the prices will go down??? :confused:
I thought not. :mad:

avmom
10-22-2009, 01:46 PM
We used to be able to get two orders of nachos and fruit for the four of us. Not anymore. They have really cut down on the amount of meat and cheese they put on.

FolsomFan
10-22-2009, 01:46 PM
This is one of the few places where I thought the prices were reasonable. Given that, I suppose the move should not surprise me.

My wife and I were thinking of sharing the nachos next time, anyway.

olegc
10-22-2009, 03:00 PM
The sad part is,once the economy recovers,what are the chances the prices will go down??? :confused:
I thought not. :mad:

please - when does that happen from a large commercial business.

darph nader
10-22-2009, 04:24 PM
please - when does that happen from a large commercial business.

Do the words "Hardly Ever" come to mind?? :(

AVP
10-22-2009, 09:43 PM
Old menu:
Breakfast Grill

Served daily until 10:30 a.m.
Buttermilk Biscuit Sandwich - Fried eggs, smoked bacon, and cheddar cheese. $6.99
California Breakfast Burrito - Scrambled eggs, diced tomato, cheddar cheese, bacon, and red bliss potatoes. $6.99
French Toast Sticks - With maple syrup and lightly sprinkled with powdered sugar. $5.99
All Day Grill

Served after 10:30 a.m.
Classic French Dip - Roasted top round with au jus; served with seasonal fruit or french fries. $9.29
Hot Dog - With chili, cheddar cheese, onions, and seasonal fruit or french fries. $6.39
Personal Pizza - With fresh mozzarella or pepperoni. Served with a side salad. $6.99
Char-Broiled Cheeseburger - With fresh cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and pickle. served with fresh seasonal fruit or french fries. $7.59
Char-Broiled Chicken Sandwich - With grilled Ortega chile and guacamole. Served with fresh seasonal fruit or french fries. $8.59
Veggie Burger - Served with fresh seasonal fruit or french fries. $7.59
Chicken or Shredded Beef Nachos - With guacamole, sour cream, jalapenos, and salsa. $7.89
All Day Kid's Grill

Served after 10:30 p.m. Includes french fries or seasonal fruit, a child's drink and a fun straw.
Chicken Breast Nuggets - $5.99
Cheeseburger - $5.99
Hot Dog - $5.49
Grilled Cheese Sandwich - $5.49

New menu:
Breakfast Grill

Served daily until 10:30 a.m.

Buttermilk Biscuit Sandwich - Fried eggs, smoked bacon, and cheddar cheese. $6.99
California Breakfast Burrito - Scrambled eggs, diced tomato, cheddar cheese, bacon, and red bliss potatoes. $6.99
French Toast Sticks - With maple syrup and lightly sprinkled with powdered sugar. $5.99
American Breakfast - With eggs, smoked bacon, red bliss potatoes and toast. $6.99
Mickey Waffle - With maple syrup and lightly sprinkled with powdered sugar. $5.99
Oatmeal - With berries and brown sugar. $4.99
All Day Grill

Served after 10:30 a.m.

Hot Dog - With chili, cheddar cheese, onions, and seasonal fruit or french fries. $6.59
Personal Pizza - With mozzarella or pepperoni. Served with a garden salad. $7.49
Cheeseburger - Served with fresh seasonal fruit or french fries. $7.99
Char-Broiled Chicken Sandwich - With grilled Ortega chile, guacamole and lettuce. Served with fresh seasonal fruit or french fries. $9.29
Veggie Burger - Served with fresh seasonal fruit or french fries. $7.99
Chicken or Shredded Beef Nachos - With guacamole, sour cream, jalapenos, and salsa. $9.99
All Day Kid's Grill

Served after 10:30 p.m. Includes french fries or seasonal fruit, a child's drink and a fun straw.

Chicken Breast Nuggets - $5.99
Hamburger - $6.49
Turkey Dog - $5.99
Grilled Cheese Sandwich - $5.99

The only thing that went up by $2 (or even close to it) was the nachos. Everything else was about 20c - 70c.

Toocherie
10-22-2009, 10:03 PM
AVP--I noticed in the "old" menu it was described as a "char-broiled" cheeseburger but not in the new menu--does that mean the preparation has changed too?

AVP
10-22-2009, 10:11 PM
AVP--I noticed in the "old" menu it was described as a "char-broiled" cheeseburger but not in the new menu--does that mean the preparation has changed too?There are a lot of little changes like that - notice that the personal pizza no longer has "fresh" mozzarella, and that the cheeseburger is no longer listed as being served with "fresh" cheddar cheese - or lettuce, tomato and pickle.

AVP

dlfansx4
10-23-2009, 07:34 AM
Thanks for posting the menu comparison. That isn't that bad actually (pretty much on par with everything else). I guess that explains why we didn't notice much of a difference last Saturday because we had one extra person with us and attributed the extra to that.

Matterhorn Yodeler
10-23-2009, 08:02 AM
Noticing the price increases, nothing exceeded $10. Perhaps that is why they dropped the french dip sandwich. Since it was formerly the highest priced item on the menu, they maybe didn't want to surpass the $10 price threshold.

Malcon10t
10-23-2009, 08:28 AM
Thanks AVP! Puts it more in perspective. One item went up by $2, many items stayed the same, a few went up less than 10%, and they added new items.

olegc
10-23-2009, 08:42 AM
AVP--I noticed in the "old" menu it was described as a "char-broiled" cheeseburger but not in the new menu--does that mean the preparation has changed too?

ugh! it's probably that same pre-cooked patty they serve at Hungry Bear, Tomorrowland Terrace, and Taste Pilot's. The flavor is almost as bad as AM/PMs burger (yes, I admit it, I have had that).

Wavesprite1
10-23-2009, 10:55 AM
I still love their nacho's yum, but he $6.00 canned Corona was CRAZY expensive!