PDA

View Full Version : It's Tough to be a Bug Question...

CaliforniaCrazy
07-19-2001, 01:50 AM
Has anyone else noticed this? A few weeks before DCA opened, I watched a show on ABC about the making of DCA with the two guys from Who's Line is it Anyway? and one of them visited John Lasseter as he was preparing It's Tough To Be a Bug in the theater. in the part before Chili the tarantula starts shooting spikes at the acorns, John says,"This is my favorite part." Now, when they show the film at DCA, his voice can be heard in that exact same scene! Is it supposed to be like that, or did they make a goof-up? Did they take that scene from TV and put it in the movie, but left his voice in? Please, if anyone can figure it out, let me know. :confused:

Kevin Yee
07-19-2001, 02:01 PM
You're saying there is a voice in the DCA movie that says "this is my favorite part"? never heard that at all.

Ah, the Colin and Ryan show. Poor Colin and Ryan. That DCA special was quite laughable.

CaliforniaCrazy
07-19-2001, 03:58 PM
There is, trust me. I hear it every time, and it seems weird they'd have that in there. It just doesn't sound like it should be in the film. Right before Chili the tarantula starts the target practice on the acorns. Also, I have noticed that the singers of the It's Tough to be a Bug song are different in the film than on the official album of DCA. the dung beetle has a low voice on the CD, and yet he has a higher voice in the film itself. :confused:

Hades
07-19-2001, 04:48 PM
It is not California Crazy's imagination that the phrase "This is my favorite part" is in the show.

I believe that the phrase was in the "It's Tough To Be A Bug" show first simply because the show was in Animal Kingdom first, well before the television special for California Adventure was in the can. I'm sure that John Lasseter (or the writer's of the tv special's script) made that line part of the dialog as an inside joke. And we all know how much Disney writers love to throw in those inside jokes!

My favorite animated inside joke is still the one in Hercules where the Muses mimic the statues in the Haunted Mansion during the "I Won't Say I'm In Love" song.

Anyway, I hope that helps shed a little light to this quandary for you Cal! :cool:

Napsto
07-19-2001, 05:02 PM
that is seriously in the attraction?