PDA

View Full Version : Karma and I LOVE LOVE LOVE DISNEYLAND!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Merih
10-19-2009, 10:08 AM
We just spent four days at Disneyland. We had a fantastic time while we were there. On our second day we found a crisp, brand new looking 5 days park hopper on the ground (I assumed that a parkhopper would get kind of dingy looking after being in a pocket or sleeve and removed over and over again--so I'm guessing it was VERY NEW. We immediately took it to lost and found because someone paid a lot of money for that little piece of paper!

Fast forward about 72 hours to us leaving the park at about 2 pm. We actually ran into someone from my daughter's school--400 miles away!--so we stopped to take a picture with our NIkon D40 (complete with brand new EXPENSIVE lens) to remember how funny it was to see her. We went into the world of Disney. I traded pins with our 6 year old while my husband pushed the baby around in the stroller. We are not really sure who had the camera or if it was on the stroller. We proceeded through the store, through the lobby of the Grand Californian, loaded our sleepy kids in the car and headed into traffic. When we got home the next day our camera was gone. While losing the camera was really upsetting (it could be replaced!), the loss of the 700 photos was devastating! Our daughter's 2nd birthday was on that camera! Our Disney trip. Our first stay at the Grand Californian... everything, GONE GONE GONE!

We puzzled over whether or not it could have been stolen, left in the hotel room we stayed in halfway home, at the mall we stopped in, in The World of Disney, had we left it on the bumper of the car and lost it as we drove off, where!!?!? The GC didn't find it in their lot. The World of Disney Doesn't have a Direct number, and Lost and Found said to call back the next day.

I waited 24 hours and called Disney Lost and Found. The lady was super helpful. She told me she had a Nikon 18-200. That was when I knew it was ours! She shifted through the pictures and tried to identify our family through my description. We confirmed that it was, in fact, ours. I offered to pay shipping, but they said it wouldn't be an issue and that it should e here sometime next week.

I swear that what goes around, comes around. We could have just handed that parkhopper to someone, not picked it up, not gotten involved...but we didn't. I'm assuming that my husband set the camera down while he was shopping for and Eeyore with our little one. Someone must have found it and returned it to an employee. I'm SO GRATEFUL!

Merih
10-19-2009, 10:24 AM
Thanks for moving this! I wasn't sure if I should put it here and figured that other place was best to start! :)

Hannahbelle
10-19-2009, 11:54 AM
Thank the Lord! Karma is a good thing but I love God's grace too!
I was hyperventilating while I read that! I'm so glad you found your camera! But you're right the pictures are what is the most important and those are priceless.
That almost happen to me too. I left my little pocket camera on the counter in the candy shop in Pooh Corner and when we got all the way pasted Pirates I realized it was missing. I was so upset because it was a borrowed camera from my own son. He would of never let me live it down had I lost it for good.
I literally ran back and thankfully the cashier had put it aside for me! I must of thanked her 20 times!

adriennek
10-19-2009, 12:10 PM
This is why I always bring my laptop and/or iPod with me on trips: I download my photos nightly. I've even been known to use both, with the iPod serving as my backup drive for longer trips where I clear my SD cards every few days.

Adrienne

dlfansx4
10-19-2009, 12:10 PM
I am so glad that you got your camera back!! We have lost a couple of items at DL and both times the CMs put them aside for us. We just walked back to the last place we had them and were able to get them back.

Merih
10-19-2009, 12:19 PM
This is why I always bring my laptop and/or iPod with me on trips: I download my photos nightly. I've even been known to use both, with the iPod serving as my backup drive for longer trips where I clear my SD cards every few days.

Adrienne

We only brought my husband's work laptop with us on this trip because he might have to get some work done. THe night before we left he pulled them up to look at them but DID NOT put them on it because it's company property. I was SO SO SO MAD AT HIM. He's a computer professional, surely he could figure out how to transfer them to my Macbook, then remove them from his work PC! Now that it's on it's way back to us, it doesn't really matter. how do you put them on your iPod?

As for losing other stuff--on our honeymoon I lost 3 One Hundred Dollar Bills, 1 Ten, and 1 Five along with my driver's license and two credit cards on the Matterhorn. A CM returned it to Lost and Found and I got it all back!

BIRDGIRLS
10-19-2009, 12:23 PM
My sister lost her driving permit at Disneyland... a couple days before she was supposed to take her license test! Turns out a sweeper had it in his sweeping pan thing, and they had it in the mail before we called lost and found! Phew.

Krisseee2
10-19-2009, 03:09 PM
Same thing happend to me while in that star tours shop...I was pregnant and crying cause I lost my camera and my cellphone was also shoved inside the camera bag, some nice guy let me use his cell to call my cell and thank goddd a CM answered and told me where it was. people can be so nice sometimes haha

TowerofTerror
10-19-2009, 03:18 PM
I have lost things at the park and they always find the stuff and mail it back to me.

Jenasweetemotion
10-19-2009, 03:20 PM
Wow Merih I do love Karma :)

This is why I always bring my laptop and/or iPod with me on trips: I download my photos nightly.

I do the same thing I always bring my laptop. I've was lucky a few years ago when I had put the pictures on the laptop the night before. Then the following morning my brother was messing around with the camera it was new at the time and re formated the card which deleted the 2 days of picture that were on it and a few from that morning. I was so happy that I had already backed up the pictures, that I didn't care about the few pictures from that morning. Now he doesn't mess with the camera. :)

foolishmortal
10-19-2009, 05:47 PM

Adrienne

We use the photo shop on the end of main street, they are really good about putting the days photo's on a Cd for me! They rock!

Sadly I don't own a laptop....yet.:~D

torquedork
10-19-2009, 07:52 PM
Thanks for moving this! I wasn't sure if I should put it here and figured that other place was best to start! :)

You were so luckly Merith to get your Nikon back, because most people would had kept the camera instead of turning it into the Lost and Found.

I would be so devistated if something like that happend to my entire camera bag especially had decided to grow legs.

Merih
10-19-2009, 08:07 PM
You were so luckly Merith to get your Nikon back, because most people would had kept the camera instead of turning it into the Lost and Found.

I would be so devistated if something like that happend to my entire camera bag especially had decided to grow legs.

I know! That camera with the lens are worth about $1500 and someone just brought it to lost and found! So crazy!

Crazy4DL
10-19-2009, 08:12 PM
We use the photo shop on the end of main street, they are really good about putting the days photo's on a Cd for me! They rock!

Wow, that is great. Do they charge to do that, Kat?

Mrs Mouse
10-19-2009, 08:27 PM

That's an excellent idea! I don't know why we never thought of doing that before.

adriennek
10-20-2009, 04:46 AM
how do you put them on your iPod?

I hook my ipod up to my laptop and access it through the finder windows. It acts like an external hard drive and I just dump my folders of picture files onto it. Doc once said he could get me an attachment that would let me move the files directly onto the ipod without the computer but we've never gone anywhere without a laptop to need to buy one. Now he's sitting here saying that he doesn't think they make them anymore. When I had a smaller hard drive on my laptop I only put my vacation pictures on my ipod because I had too many to store on my internal drive.

At home I keep all of my pictures on external drives. I have a lot. ;)

Adrienne

Rockchalker
10-20-2009, 05:19 AM
I know! That camera with the lens are worth about $1500 and someone just brought it to lost and found! So crazy!

I am glad you got your camera back!

$1500?!? Holy Cow!! :eek: What kind of $1000 lens do you have? I have my own D80 (husband was tired of me borrowing his) and with 2 very nice lenses I don't think my husband spent anywhere near $1500. At least I hope not!

adriennek
10-20-2009, 05:25 AM

$1500?!? Holy Cow!! :eek: What kind of $1000 lens do you have? I have my own D80 (husband was tired of me borrowing his) and with 2 very nice lenses I don't think my husband spent anywhere near $1500. At least I hope not!

A D80 with two lenses (one wide angle, one telephoto,) cost $1300 as a package from Costco about 3 years ago. My 18-200 lens is about $750. The body alone currently runs $500. So with tax, it would be nearing $1500, rounding up. ;)

Adrienne

Rockchalker
10-20-2009, 05:41 AM

A D80 with two lenses (one wide angle, one telephoto,) cost $1300 as a package from Costco about 3 years ago. My 18-200 lens is about $750. The body alone currently runs $500. So with tax, it would be nearing $1500, rounding up. ;)

Adrienne

I just asked my husband just how much he paid for MY D80 camera and lenses :eek: :eek:. I am glad I did not know when he bought it, but I love that camera!

Merih
10-20-2009, 06:33 AM
I just asked my husband just how much he paid for MY D80 camera and lenses :eek: :eek:. I am glad I did not know when he bought it, but I love that camera!

My father in law bought the D40 for us when it first came out--with a package of a bunch of other stuff. It was about $800 then. He just got us an 18-200 Lens, which we love and it was about $800. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BY52NU/ref=s9_k2a_gw_tr01?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-5&pf_rd_r=1ZS3AW5474F9S9T2G0XR&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470939291&pf_rd_i=507846

I figured that camera accessories were worth about $100... so $1500. But, yeah, once you learn to use it--it's worth every penny ESPECIALLY with this awesome lens!

Rockchalker
10-20-2009, 06:45 AM
My father in law bought the D40 for us when it first came out--with a package of a bunch of other stuff. It was about $800 then. He just got us an 18-200 Lens, which we love and it was about $800. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BY52NU/ref=s9_k2a_gw_tr01?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-5&pf_rd_r=1ZS3AW5474F9S9T2G0XR&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470939291&pf_rd_i=507846

I figured that camera accessories were worth about $100... so $1500. But, yeah, once you learn to use it--it's worth every penny ESPECIALLY with this awesome lens!

Until this morning I did not realize how expensive that lens is, but it definitely worth every penny!

I am so glad someone turned it in. I know your main concern was the pictures, but would your home owner's insurance covered the camera if it had not been returned?

WisforWonderwoman
10-20-2009, 07:55 AM
Happy to hear your Camera was found. I believe in Karma and there is something to be said about Disney Magic. We had our Diaper Bag stolen. There was nothing valuable in it, just the necessities needed when you have little ones. We are not sure where it had been located but someone turned it into Lost and Found. What a headache it would have been to replace all those items when you are there for 5 days on vacation w/ no car. Disneyland is truly the Happiest Place on Earth....for those who don't think so, kindly stay home and leave it for those of us who BELIEVE in the magic.

Tinkermommy
10-20-2009, 09:19 AM
We've turned in so many tickets and other misc items, including a wallet stuffed with money found on the floor of the train. Once we found someone's whole bag of souvenirs on the curb after a parade. City Hall gave us a pin for turning that one in! I even found Nemo once, walking out of Innoventions. We laughed long about that!

The only thing we have ever lost was a pair of Armani prescription glasses that fell out of my stepmother's purse on the Astro Orbiter. Never did get those back.

pixar
10-20-2009, 09:43 AM

Adrienne

You must have one of the classic iPods with the high capacity hard drive storage? I just took a quick peek at how much available space is left on my iPhone, and I've only got about 5gb left of the 16gb. Good enough for 200 pictures, and that doesn't even include video. :|

We only brought my husband's work laptop with us on this trip because he might have to get some work done. THe night before we left he pulled them up to look at them but DID NOT put them on it because it's company property. I was SO SO SO MAD AT HIM. He's a computer professional, surely he could figure out how to transfer them to my Macbook, then remove them from his work PC! Now that it's on it's way back to us, it doesn't really matter. how do you put them on your iPod?

You could get an external laptop drive for your husband's laptop to copy your pictures to. Then all you need to do is plug it into your laptop when you're home. No need to transfer your pictures again, although I do recommend copying them to a second location for backup.

codewoman
10-20-2009, 02:27 PM
:)I lost a hat on Buzz Lightyear near the end of our trip once. It wasn't an expensive hat (and of course I could easily buy one to replace right there in the park) but it was one I liked and couldn't easily replace. I filled out a form at lost and found and three days after we got back, my hat arrived in the mail.

And the best part is -- it smelled like Disneyland. :)