PDA

View Full Version : Big Thunder Ranch [Current price]

Pages : [1] 2

Dezheaven
10-16-2009, 08:25 AM
What are the current prices for lunch and dinner? My daughter is 11, can she eat at the kids price?

MammaSilva
10-16-2009, 08:27 AM
I'm not sure what the current price is but at 11 she'd be charged the adult price.

Malcon10t
10-16-2009, 09:57 AM
Lunch is $19.99 and dinner is $24.99. She would not be a child's price.

Disney Donna
10-16-2009, 12:56 PM
Lunch is $19.99 and dinner is $24.99. She would not be a child's price.

Wow -- what do they serve there for that price?:confused:

Malcon10t
10-16-2009, 02:45 PM
Wow -- what do they serve there for that price?:confused:All you can eat ribs, chicken, beans, cole slaw, corn bread, and for dinner corn-on-the-cob and sausage.

Iceman
10-16-2009, 09:38 PM
And it's all delicious... surprisingly so for family-style fare in a theme park. The pricing is actually quite a bargain.

Jenasweetemotion
10-16-2009, 11:24 PM
The food is really great and if you have room or know you will eat it later what you don't eat you can take as left overs also wanted to mention that soda/tea is not included in the price and is $2.89 per person but it is all you can drink :) They also have vegetable skewers if you ask for it. We also got that as we love veggie's.
Unfortunately the kids price is 3-9 and is $9.99 so your 11 year old is too old. Next time we go we are going to try the Dinner but Lunch was great.

daveywest
10-21-2009, 08:22 AM
The food is really great and if you have room or know you will eat it later what you don't eat you can take as left overs also wanted to mention that soda/tea is not included in the price and is $2.89 per person but it is all you can drink :) They also have vegetable skewers if you ask for it. We also got that as we love veggie's.
Unfortunately the kids price is 3-9 and is $9.99 so your 11 year old is too old. Next time we go we are going to try the Dinner but Lunch was great.

Is the $9.99 for kids just for lunch, and if so, what's the kid's dinner price?

Jenasweetemotion
10-21-2009, 11:44 AM
Is the $9.99 for kids just for lunch, and if so, what's the kid's dinner price?
It is the same price $9.99 for lunch and dinner, it is for kids 3-9. :)

prince
10-21-2009, 01:07 PM
http://allears.net/dlr/din/menu/menus.htm

If you go to this site it will give you the menus and prices for almost all of the restaurants in DL and DCA.. Helpfull if you are on a budget. You can see ahead of time how much things will cost and if anything is on the menu that you will like.. Worth a look at atleast.

mkraemer
10-22-2009, 03:35 PM

When we had our family reunion in June, there were 17 of us at the Big Thunder Ranch BBQ and we loved it! It's a great choice for large groups because of the large seating area.

Our server was great and kept bringing all the all-you-can-eat foods included with the meal. Please note that drinks *and* the really fanciful desserts are not included in the main pricing.

jimreuter
10-31-2009, 09:33 PM
My favorite place to eat at Disneyland. I've eaten there 33 times since it opened in April, and have never been dissapointed.

daveywest
10-31-2009, 09:48 PM
Ate there tonight. Price is so worth the value. All food is served family style, so you can get a to go box with whatever is left on your table. My wife had taken the younger kids back for a nap, and I was able to bring her back a full meal worth.

daveywest
10-31-2009, 09:50 PM
P.S. The food was awesome!

mechurchlady
11-01-2009, 01:00 AM
I talked to a manager and here is what she said about die hard vegan meals. They will make tofue and veggies or just veggies plus corn on the cob without butter and milk plus slaw and beans. The margarine at Plaza Inn is Kosher D so I read the label and it is butter and margarine.

Slaw and beans are vegan but can be a bit spicy but are so good that I ate all they put in front of me and if I had goat milk I would have gone back for seconds. The chicken is gluten free but check on soy if you are soy allergic. I love their chciken and did not need ketchup or honey as it was tender and moist. Not so much fat, grease and easier to eat. Do bring washcloths if you are a messy eater like me. Service was excellent and the tip is extra so now you can make sure you reward good service. Tea was filled just in time. The ribs probably contain soy and do contain gluten.

BAD NEWS: They have one piano player who does sets like they do at Coke Corner. He does requests and entertains but most of the time you will have cute Woody's Roundup music and I loved the music and entertainment but this here is basically just an all you can eat restaurant with occassional entertainment. Loved the entertainment but do not expect to be entertained. Keep food out of the sun as I got me three visiting flies until I moved the food.

GOOD NEWS: As long as I can get to Disneyland this will be one of my favorite places to eat along with Plaza Inn. Great food, great service, and they even gave me a box to take home to mom a breast of chicken and two ribs, oops. They were not supposed to give me ribs but they did and she said they were good.

ttig34
11-01-2009, 05:49 AM
Is this a Priority Seating restaurant or just a walk up eatery?

mechurchlady
11-01-2009, 05:57 AM
Priority seating but often if you go in an off hour you can walk right in with no wait. I was there about 1 pm and did not have to wait and there was almost nobody there. I recommend priority seating if you want to eat there just in case.

mom2girls
11-01-2009, 06:16 AM
So without the characters does this place still have alot of little kid apeal? My dh would LOVE this place but would my little girls?

dsny1mom
11-01-2009, 06:28 AM
So without the characters does this place still have alot of little kid apeal? My dh would LOVE this place but would my little girls?

The other night the kids that were there were having a blast. Singing and dancing on stage with Miss Chris and doing all sorts of fun things.

Don't let the lack of chacters keep you away from this gem of a restaurant!

dsny1mom

mechurchlady
11-01-2009, 06:45 AM
The restaurant staff and the dude on the piano did an excellent job of entertaining the kids. I think that based on the kids I saw that they would have fun there. The music on the PA was Woody's Roundup themed and kid friendly.

mkraemer
11-01-2009, 06:59 AM
The other night the kids that were there were having a blast. Singing and dancing on stage with Miss Chris and doing all sorts of fun things.

dsny1mom

When we were there in June, we saw Woody and Jessie. Woody played peek-a-boo with the shyer little kids in our family and gave them a lot of attention.

For a large group, this was an excellent choice (we had a reservation) because of the plentiful seating.

adriennek
11-01-2009, 08:22 AM
When we were there in June, we saw Woody and Jessie. Woody played peek-a-boo with the shyer little kids in our family and gave them a lot of attention.

Unfortunately, when they did the pricing changes/adjustments in August, they took Woody and Jessie out, but they still have Miss Chris and the piano player.

Adrienne

cstephens
11-01-2009, 08:30 AM
Is this a Priority Seating restaurant or just a walk up eatery?

They do take priority seating, but if there's space, you can also do walk-up. If you want to be sure to get in, it would be better to go ahead and make the reservation.

dsny1mom

I really wish you'd had a chance to experience it before they made these changes. I'd have love to know what you would have thought of it then. I think you would have loved the place even more.

mechurchlady
11-01-2009, 08:40 AM
Definitely has changed and we did not even get a Miss Chris this time. Same staff and food but it is now just a restaurant. It was about $36 for Plaza Inn for two steak dinners with drinks while the barbecued chicken, slaw and beans cost me about $25 for one person. You would have loved it in its heyday this year but that is gone and probably will not come back. Hopefully they will do a Christmas overlay and for now they have the place decorated for Fall and Thanksgiving which makes the place special

dsny1mom
11-01-2009, 12:34 PM
I really wish you'd had a chance to experience it before they made these changes. I'd have love to know what you would have thought of it then. I think you would have loved the place even more.

Me too. Based on the experience I did have I am certain I would have loved it even more in its original state.

I was surprised to find out they use the same seasoning on the beans that they use on chicken and that it's Kens Barbeque sauce that is used.

They have the menu right where they want it now, and their business has grown considerably. Lunch is bussier than dinner but part of that is because they are in the phase 2 zone for fireworks and they can't take ressies after 6:30 or so.

They will be closing Mon-Wed from the beginning of Jan through March, AKA the slower season.

I am really excited about the upcoming new menu at Tatorria as Head Chef Sean from Celebration will be involved in its creation.

I was hoping I'd run into you and the Husband while I was there, but figured it would be an outside chance as I wasn't there on the weekends. Hopefully our paths will cross this summer.

dsny1mom