PDA

View Full Version : CP Question

goofy72
01-27-2003, 05:44 AM
This question may be a little early, but I like to plan ahead... I am trying to arrange my vacation schedule so that I can visit Disneyland during the holidays and see the Candlelight Processional. Is it true that Disneyland only holds the CP on one weekend? How is the date determined or does anyone know when it will likely be held this year? Thanks for the help!

DisneyGuy03
01-27-2003, 09:33 AM
The CP is held the first full weekend in December, I believe, and yes it is only one weekend, the tickets this last year were done witha dining package, you had to spend $35/$40 per person on one meal (depending on where you ate) to get them (you could work it though where you buy it all at once, but get two things, one hot wentree and a sandwich and take the sandwhich with you) There wasn't officially a stand-by line, but at some point if you werre by the theater they finally said that you could come in and fill in the remaining seats.

I hope this helps.

goofy72
01-27-2003, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the info DisneyGuy03. I read the story on MP about the problems with the packages this year. Hopefully they will get their act together this year. My family saw the CP at WDW this past Thanksgiving weekend (with a dinner package which worked excellently) and we are excited at the prosepect of seeing how great the show is at DL. Thanks again for the info.

DisneyGuy03
01-27-2003, 10:02 PM
You are welcome, I think if they do the dinner packages again they will do better, because they now have more experience, of course we thought they had gotten that with the Summer Concert Series and that turned out not to be the case.

Techie7
01-28-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by DisneyGuy03
There wasn't officially a stand-by line, but at some point if you werre by the theater they finally said that you could come in and fill in the remaining seats.

There was a stand-by line both nights this past year. While Guest Relations had stated a couple times that no stand-by line would be utalized the CMs working the ropes at the event sent people into stand-by lines and confirmed that there would be stand-by lines for all four of the shows.