PDA

View Full Version : A question about "storytelling"

iceblue42
01-26-2003, 11:31 PM
It's been awhile since my family and I have been back to Disneyland (5 years!:crying: )and we are coming back this summer but I have a question for you regulars: one of the highlights of our trip was going to a "storytelling" by one of the princesses (in our case it was Belle) and a "helper". This was near the castle in the back of one of the shops. We enjoyed it so much that we came back the next day just to hear another story - what made it so enjoyable, apart from hearing an actual character talking to us and seeing the hilarious antics of her helper, was the intimacy of the setting.

My question is this: Does Disney still have something like this or should it be lited in Yesterland's attractions as well.

Thanks for the info.

AlanaP
01-27-2003, 06:48 AM
They still have story time in the Princess shop in Fantasyland
Seems to me it happens at least twice a day, and there is a schedule posted out in front of the shop.

MouseWife
01-27-2003, 06:51 AM
I think I even noticed it posted in the flyer you receive when you enter, with all of the other activities.

I don't know if they do it year round, but, one Christmas time we stayed at the resort and they had story telling at Goofy's Kitchen, off to the side, without having to dine there. Also, they had it in the lobby of the Paradise Pier. GK's was about 5, PP about 7. Then, anyways.

Now, they also have something like 'campfire' storytelling at the Grand Californian. I haven't seen it but hopefully someone else can fill in the blanks.

mystycalchyk
01-27-2003, 08:30 AM
and lets not forget the great little story in alladins oasis, in adventureland.

my hubby and i dont even have kids but we make it a point to go listen everytime we visit.

DisneyGuy03
01-27-2003, 09:49 AM
Now, they also have something like 'campfire' storytelling at the Grand Californian. I haven't seen it but hopefully someone else can fill in the blanks.
Ok, I have seen this, there are no characters, just a storyteller, I saw it on New Year's Eve, the girl that was there was named Nicole, she was a lot of fun and it is truly a neat little thing, she basically tells some of the stories that Native Americans (pardon me if this isn't the current PC term) would pass on from generation to generation that would be told to the Children, very well done, well thought out stories with a moral behind them, as all of their stories had.