PDA

View Full Version : AP 20% Off Coupons Expiring? Read this!

KarenW2
01-26-2003, 09:41 PM
Good news for those AP renewals who, like us, were sent 20% off coupons with the expiration date of 1-31-03. We used the first coupon to buy the Sleeping Beauty Castle sculpture, and wanted to use the other coupon on the next piece possibly, since we ended up getting a discount of about $40 with the first coupon. But since the next piece doesn't come out til May, at the earliest, we went to the park today, to see what we could find out about the coupon.

Went to the Guest Services window outside the parks and explained that since our PAPs expired on 12-29, we were sent the coupon with the 1-31-03 expiration, which gave us little time to use it. Could we exchange it for the coupon that is now being sent out for renewals? The answer was YES!! And we are now the happy holders of a coupon with the 1-31-04 expiration! This should give us plenty of time to find something to buy with it!

Thanks, Disney, for doing the right thing!! :)

DisneyGuy03
01-27-2003, 08:13 AM
This is exactly the type of thing that makes Disney superior to most other theme parks, although a very limited few would do the same type of thing.....now can I just exchange my old Annual Pass for the cool new goofy one? ;) I say partialy in jest, but that would be cool.

KarenW2
01-27-2003, 11:25 AM
As much as I'd LOVE to have the new "Goofy Card", I have a feeling they would not let us exchange the ugly old cards that we've had for three years, with the print that rubs off, for the new one. I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate doing all the work involved with that. They'd probably have to cancel out the old card, to issue a new one, and the headaches involved would be too much time and money for them I'm sure.

With getting the new coupon, it was a simple exchange of one piece of paper for another, no paper work or key strokes involved.

But, if someone here hears otherwise, PLEEZE let us know and we will be down there to exchange our cards in a heart beat!! :D

EandCDad
01-30-2003, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by KarenW2
As much as I'd LOVE to have the new "Goofy Card", I have a feeling they would not let us exchange the ugly old cards that we've had for three years, with the print that rubs off, for the new one. I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate doing all the work involved with that. They'd probably have to cancel out the old card, to issue a new one, and the headaches involved would be too much time and money for them I'm sure.

I agree that they probably won't exchange the cards; however, if they required that you do it in person, it wouldn't be much of a headache or take much time. You could just go to Guest Services or the AP Processing Center, hand them your old card and they could print you out a new card. The wouldn't have to cancel the old card because they'd have it.

The basic cost would be the salary of the person you took the card to and the cost of the actual card (probably less than a $1 for that). Still, multiply that by all the AP holders who will all be getting the new card in the next 12 months or so anyway and I can see why they probably won't do it.