PDA

View Full Version : Where Is Buzz Lightyear Astro Blaster's CAMERA?

Pages : [1] 2

kimbeejohnson
10-12-2009, 09:40 PM
I love that I can get a free photo emailed to me of my ride on Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters (BLAB).

But I always end up with an awful photo because I do not know WHERE the camera is...I always end up with a photo of a laser right in front of my face!

Anyone know? I want to be able to "pose" for a nice usable photo.

TowerofTerror
10-12-2009, 10:37 PM
The camera is inside that dark tunnel just before the last Zurg.

lola2009
10-13-2009, 07:55 AM
Oooo this is good to know, my picture always comes out with this mean staring face LOL Now I can smile :) maybe ...

dznyphreak
10-13-2009, 08:18 AM
It's actually right after the tunnel, to the right of Zurg in the final room. There are a few tubes with the lights used for flash in them. I haven't yet found the exact location of the camera, but it's near those lights.

pixar
10-13-2009, 08:21 AM
If you're just exiting the tunnel, look about 3 vehicles in front of you and you'll see a subtle flash going off. That's where the picture's taken.

candles71
10-13-2009, 08:23 AM
Also this is the only place you can't rotate the vehicle, it turns you to face Zurg for the camera.

Carina
10-13-2009, 10:11 AM
My hubby and oldest found it on their second time on the ride and they always posed with the laser guns at their temples...lol

kimbeejohnson
10-13-2009, 07:00 PM
Ahh! Makes perfect sense now! Thank you!

We went with my sister in September and when we rode Screamin together she was amazed at the difference in our faces - sitting right next to each other. Her face was pushed back with a double chin and wild looking (thanks to gravity only!). My photo looked great (if I do say so myself) so I had to tell her about posing for the camera!

Now I can "work it" for Zurg too!

Another Dimension
10-15-2009, 01:58 PM
The 'email your pic for free on BLAB' offering at DL... is IMO easily one of The Greatest New(er) Little Details of Modern Disneyland.

So subtle, so simple, so appreciated as a Disneyland Guest!!

candles71
10-15-2009, 07:31 PM
Oh and don't feel bad DH had no idea thats where the camera was either.

Kuzcofan
10-16-2009, 02:58 PM
How do you get the free picture emailed?

candles71
10-16-2009, 03:18 PM
How do you get the free picture emailed?

As you exit the ride there are Kiosks on you left just before you would enter the store. Follow the directions on the screen, they are way cute and you can send them to more than one person.

FantasmicFan82
10-24-2009, 07:38 PM
My hubby and oldest found it on their second time on the ride and they always posed with the laser guns at their temples...lol

Note to self, do that next time. LOL!

SoCalSteven
10-24-2009, 11:27 PM
I'd have to agree, the ability to email your ride picture is absolutely awesome! :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/im2smrt4u/buzz-oct23.jpg

TowerofTerror
10-24-2009, 11:30 PM
nice score when was this score done. did it happen without the ride breaking down

SoCalSteven
10-25-2009, 11:03 AM
nice score when was this score done. did it happen without the ride breaking down

This past Friday, but I will admit that the ride stopped briefly. Though I did have most of that score before the stop.

Goodnplenty
10-27-2009, 11:13 AM
Hello Everyone! Well the clocks ticking and now it's less than 2 weeks before we arrive at Disneyland. Woo Hoo!

But, here's my question. I think I read somewhere in a thread that there was a picture at the end of a ride that was free to email home. I can remember the directions saying something about "as you exit into the gift shop go to the left and you will find" etc etc. Can anyone remind me what that was that I was reading about? I keep thinking it might have had something to do with a ride like BuzzLightyear.

Thanks in advance.
GnP

BIRDGIRLS
10-27-2009, 11:18 AM
Yeah it's pretty easy to find. You exit the ride and walk down a ramp, then there's a crowd of people around these touch-screen computer things right outside the gift shop, that's where you can email your picture home for free!

SoCalSteven
10-27-2009, 12:41 PM
You can't miss it as you exit the ride. A very cool free feature, and especially awesome if you get a high score!

Jenasweetemotion
10-27-2009, 09:51 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/im2smrt4u/buzz-oct23.jpg
How do you get a big score like that? :eek: My brother always has this super high score and I would love to beat him. ;) One of my family members said there is one or two places that you can rack up the score. :confused:

dznyphreak
10-27-2009, 10:02 PM
My high score is about 150k shy of SoCalSteven's, but I can say that you should take a very close look at Zurg...

And let me ask you this: Would a large-value, secret target be marked? ;)

SoCalSteven
10-28-2009, 07:46 AM
My high score is about 150k shy of SoCalSteven's, but I can say that you should take a very close look at Zurg...

And let me ask you this: Would a large-value, secret target be marked? ;)

Exactly! A castmember told me where it is, but for the curious:

Middle of Zerg's chest, just below the 'Z'

If you have sharp eyes, don't read the spoiler and look closely. The target is like the normal ones, but obviously without the shape and light. Good luck!

Chadsgal
10-28-2009, 03:49 PM
With this secret I may be able to beat my husband:~D

dznyphreak
10-28-2009, 07:04 PM
I think (and I may be wrong about this) that there are audio cues for when someone hits the special targets. At the first one, Zurg says "Impossible! No one can aim so precisely!" At the second (in the final room), Buzz says "Good shooting Space Ranger!!"

Jenasweetemotion
10-28-2009, 07:22 PM
I think (and I may be wrong about this) that there are audio cues for when someone hits the special targets. At the first one, Zurg says "Impossible! No one can aim so precisely!" At the second (in the final room), Buzz says "Good shooting Space Ranger!!"

where is the second one on Buzz