PDA

View Full Version : Uber-Passes

Pages : [1] 2

thymeandplace
10-12-2009, 06:24 PM
I'm curious as to the rarity of the super fastpasses that allow you to get on any ride at any time in the fastpass line. The past four times I've gone to Disney we've wound up with ton of these passes, and I'm wondering how often they're given out and for what reasons.

kfreak
10-12-2009, 06:30 PM
I'm curious as to the rarity of the super fastpasses that allow you to get on any ride at any time in the fastpass line. The past four times I've gone to Disney we've wound up with ton of these passes, and I'm wondering how often they're given out and for what reasons.

Are you talking about the ones that they just write on slips of paper?

DisneylandDad
10-12-2009, 06:43 PM
I think rides breaking down while guests are on them is probably the most common reason to get this kind of pass.

Shortly after TSMM opened up we got one of these passes from having been on Soarin when it malfunctioned and it listed a bunch of rides and a few exceptions that it was not good for. TSMM was not listed since it was too new and we honestly did not know that it was meant to be excluded. Back then the lines were huge and we did not stand in line because we had the pass and waited till we were ready to leave the park and went to the line at TSMM and handed the CM our pass, he said it was not good for that ride. I explained what had happened and they allowed our group to go ahead and ride it. I guess that most of the super passes had been printed with the correct wording on them to exclude TSMM but a bunch did not say that on them.
I complain about certain issues regarding Disney as much or more than the next guy but when it comes right down to it, I think Disneyland is still a cut above most other businesses and certainly other theme parks in trying to make sure the customer is happy. That is why we keep subjecting ourselves to the happiest torture on earth :D

SoCalSteven
10-12-2009, 06:55 PM
Before TSMM, the readmission passes , or re-adds, excluded Nemo specifically. Now they exclude TSMM. Got one recently and the CM wrote "not good for SM" as well, since it has the new overlay.

I've only ever gotten one after a ride breakdown. They are really nice to have!

Malcon10t
10-12-2009, 07:25 PM
I'm curious as to the rarity of the super fastpasses that allow you to get on any ride at any time in the fastpass line. The past four times I've gone to Disney we've wound up with ton of these passes, and I'm wondering how often they're given out and for what reasons.If you wound up with a "ton of these", you should know what you were given them for.

kfreak
10-12-2009, 08:21 PM
If you wound up with a "ton of these", you should know what you were given them for.

I think the person is wondering if there are other reasons. I know that I have only gotten them when a ride breaks down.

mrsdisney68
10-12-2009, 09:01 PM
Do they always give these to you if a ride breaks down or do you have to ask for them?? We were on BTMR last summer and it broke down didn't get anything :mad: I have never heard of these before..

gnarly braddah
10-12-2009, 11:56 PM
If you wound up with a "ton of these", you should know what you were given them for.

That's right Malcon! You pick his words apart and show him who's boss. I bet he'll rethink ever asking a question on here again.

You should have probably thought a little harder about how you asked your question question bud, NOBODY is safe when MalconT is on the prowl, be prepared for a smug unneeded comment if you ask something.... anything really. So thank you Malcon, thank you for putting everyone in their place.

kiowa
10-13-2009, 02:54 AM
That's right Malcon! You pick his words apart and show him who's boss. I bet he'll rethink ever asking a question on here again.

You should have probably thought a little harder about how you asked your question question bud, NOBODY is safe when MalconT is on the prowl, be prepared for a smug unneeded comment if you ask something.... anything really. So thank you Malcon, thank you for putting everyone in their place.

...And also you for doing the same.

thymeandplace
10-13-2009, 06:34 AM

There is an actual reason I'm asking this question, not just because I feel like it. I was far too young to know or care how we got the uber=passes when we got the majority of these passes. Now I'm trying to plan a trip by myself, and I would like to know. Thanks a lot for ripping apart my words with assumed conditions surrounding them.

stan4d_steph
10-13-2009, 07:49 AM
AAA travel packages used to include unlimited FastPasses that applied to all rides with a FastPass option. Those are no longer available. Maybe that's what you had on your previous visit.

Malcon10t
10-13-2009, 11:29 AM
There is an actual reason I'm asking this question, not just because I feel like it. I was far too young to know or care how we got the uber=passes when we got the majority of these passes. Now I'm trying to plan a trip by myself, and I would like to know.They are sometimes known as a guest resolution pass. Basically, they are given for things like rides breaking down while you are riding or right at the front of the line. They are often provided by a lead or manager when filing complaints (usually a big enough of a complaint that the lead has to be involved.)

FaithTrustPixieDust
10-13-2009, 12:35 PM
We got one one time when Indiana Jones broke down and just came back later in the day for the ride and it was no problem.

AlbertaMinnie
10-13-2009, 02:18 PM
We got one this summer when we had to walk off of Splash Mountain. It was enough of a thrill just being able to walk 'behind the scenes' but they gave us one of those passes for any fastpass attraction later in the day.

If you had several of them, and don't remember lots of ride breakdowns then maybe it's the AAA passes you were fortunate enough to have had before.

The old man
10-13-2009, 02:24 PM

That's right Malcon. You're not allowed to ask a logical question in a straight forward manner. You should have said, "Tell me kind sir or madam, in your post you say that you got a 'ton of these.' It seems to be if that were true (I know you don't literally mean 'a ton', but you do seem to be implying a large quantity) that you would be informed of the reason for your large quantity. I hope I'm not offending you. If I am, please be assured it was not my intention."

See, how simple and easy it is to be kind?

bluuth
10-13-2009, 02:35 PM
We've gotten a couple of them - once when they had major issues trying to upgrade my AP (took 2 CM's and one Lead) and once when we complained because of a rude CM. Both of them have 'No TSMM' on it, but are otherwise good. Ours are supposed to be only good on the day we recieved them - however, we were on our way out both times so they scratched out the date-they're good for any day.

Malcon10t
10-13-2009, 02:51 PM
That's right Malcon. You're not allowed to ask a logical question in a straight forward manner. You should have said, "Tell me kind sir or madam, in your post you say that you got a 'ton of these.' It seems to be if that were true (I know you don't literally mean 'a ton', but you do seem to be implying a large quantity) that you would be informed of the reason for your large quantity. I hope I'm not offending you. If I am, please be assured it was not my intention."

See, how simple and easy it is to be kind?Thanks, I will remember this for next time.

I would think a person who had received a lot of them (ie ton) would have some idea why they were getting them. My kids received them during their growing up years (walking off Splash, BTMRR, INDY) and they all knew why they received them.

Are they still not allowing them for TSMM?

codewoman
10-13-2009, 02:59 PM

Having a bad day, eh?

bluuth
10-13-2009, 03:21 PM
Malcon we received one pass in mid-August and the other in mid-September. Neither are good for TSMM. The first pass they hand-wrote it on the card, the second pass it was printed on the card.

Hannahbelle
10-13-2009, 04:37 PM
I got one one time because the Fast Pass machines were down. A cast member gave us one of the paper ones good for any ride, but it was before TSMM opened.

Z3ro to H3ro
10-13-2009, 05:23 PM
I remember getting one for simply stopping and asking a Dream Team member how their day was going. We talked for a couple of minutes, and when I said "have a great day" and started to leave he stopped me and gave me a pass. He did write "no Nemo" on it, but that was ok.

Also, didn't have a pass for it, but a girl in Fantasyland did the same thing for us. I stopped and talked with her for a couple minutes and when we were leaving she asked our favorite Fantasyland ride. We said Peter Pan so she took us over and got us on without waiting for the entire line.

Ahhhh good memories. :) I'm sure they do it for lots of people. That or just to get me to quit talking to them. haha!

thymeandplace
10-13-2009, 08:21 PM
Thanks, I will remember this for next time.

I would think a person who had received a lot of them (ie ton) would have some idea why they were getting them. My kids received them during their growing up years (walking off Splash, BTMRR, INDY) and they all knew why they received them.

Are they still not allowing them for TSMM?

All of the times I recieved them, we had them before we even left for Disney, which seems odd to me.

Malcon10t
10-13-2009, 08:28 PM
All of the times I recieved them, we had them before we even left for Disney, which seems odd to me.What color were these? Were you stay at the Resort hotels?

jenpace
10-14-2009, 04:58 AM
We were given one of these back in May at the front desk when our room wasn't ready on time at the GCH. Also on that same trip we were given a second one when we complained to a CM about a family of 5 cutting in front of us in a VERY long Mulholland Madness line. Both times they were on yellow colored paper and yes, TSMM and Nemo were printed exclusions :)

stan4d_steph
10-14-2009, 07:56 AM
All of the times I recieved them, we had them before we even left for Disney, which seems odd to me.As I said above:

AAA travel packages used to include unlimited FastPasses that applied to all rides with a FastPass option. Those are no longer available. Maybe that's what you had on your previous visit.