PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Gingerbread Decorating?

Disneyland1955
10-08-2009, 08:29 PM
So I was on Disneylands website and it said something about Haunted Gingerbread Decorating... it doesnt give any details so I was just wondering if anyone has heard of this or done it??? Does this cost? Do you have to have a reservation??? Is this something that is done every year?? Would anyone happen to know if you have to be a certian age to do it?? Sounds like fun. Sorry for all of the questions im just really interested in this event. Thank you.:)

TowerofTerror
10-08-2009, 09:26 PM
can we see a picture on what they look like

ChurroGirl
10-08-2009, 09:36 PM
Not to burst a bubble of excitment but INSIDE HMH the ballroom has a HUGE Real gingerbread house with evil Gingerbread men taking over the table and going past this the yummy smell of gingerbread is in the air!!

It is super cool to see!

But no actual cookie decorating going on. Sorry

3Princesses1Prince
10-08-2009, 10:34 PM
From the AP website:

That's a Spooky Cookie! Reservations for Haunted Gingerbread House Workshops Now Open

Start a spooky new tradition with a Disneyland® Annual Passholder -exclusive event that promises the most delicious frights! Reserve your spot in one of the Haunted Gingerbread House Workshops at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen® in the Downtown Disney® District, and get ready to make a unique treat that's so good… it's scary.

Kids of all ages are invited to partake in this festive activity where they'll build and decorate their own "haunted" gingerbread houses with the help of Chef Darrin Finkel. An interactive demonstration of house assembly is followed by the finger-licking fun of decorating the gingerbread masterpieces with heaping handfuls of Halloween candy.

Can you make your gingerbread house the spookiest on the block?

Dates: Saturday, October 24, 2009 and Sunday, October 25, 2009

Time: 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.

**All dates are exclusively for Annual Pass Holders**

Price: $45.00 (plus tax) per Gingerbread Kit (includes gingerbread house and candy, a special treat for kids and unlimited sodas). Two seats are included with the price. Additional seats may be purchased for $10.00 each.

Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult. Reservations are open starting September 14, 2009 and must be made through the Sales Office at (714) 776-5200. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Please note that advance payment by credit card is required for reservation confirmation.

olegc
10-09-2009, 06:36 AM
could it be the cookie decorating at the Halloween Roundup at Big Thunder Ranch? they have done cookie decorating there in the past, as well as Plaza Pavillion (but now that's an AP center), and even the Firehouse on Main St.

Drince88
10-09-2009, 07:43 AM
could it be the cookie decorating at the Halloween Roundup at Big Thunder Ranch?
The post right above yours says it's at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen.

I also looks like if you don't have an Annual Pass, you're out of luck.

olegc
10-09-2009, 08:06 AM
The post right above yours says it's at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen.
I also looks like if you don't have an Annual Pass, you're out of luck.

Excuse me - but OP never mentioned AP site, just disneyland site, which is why I brough it up.

the park does, at times, do more than 1 type of event per holiday period. The Halloween Micro-site does mention Halloween Roundup arts and crafts (in the past included cookies).

Hannahbelle
10-09-2009, 09:31 AM
I hope they do the cookie decorating again; I love that family memory! Although, in reading on these threads it doesn't look like a favorable outcome for us cookie decorating fans.:crying:
And no I'm not even remotely interested in the DTD event when I can get a $10.00 gingerbread house at Walmart and do that at home. hee hee! $45.00? c'mon!
BUT, thank you 3P1P, for the information! You're the best.

cstephens
10-09-2009, 09:50 AM
could it be the cookie decorating at the Halloween Roundup at Big Thunder Ranch? they have done cookie decorating there in the past

There is no cookie decorating there this year for Halloween.

Tinker Bell
10-09-2009, 10:06 AM
There was awhile back a write up on how they did the gringerbread in the HM. Here is a pix of this year gingerbread . linky (http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i297/TinkerBellpix/CIMG1137.jpg)

Disneyland1955
10-09-2009, 11:28 AM
Thanks Everyone for your help.:) Your info was helpful.

Hannahbelle
10-09-2009, 11:39 AM
There was awhile back a write up on how they did the gringerbread in the HM. Here is a pix of this year gingerbread . linky (http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i297/TinkerBellpix/CIMG1137.jpg)

That just got me totally jazzed about my upcoming trips! I love the HM decorated for the holidays.