PDA

View Full Version : Another new Downtown Disney store: D-Street

AVP
10-08-2009, 01:54 PM
It looks like Disney couldn't lease out the vacant Illuminations space in time for the holiday season, so a new Disney-operated store called D-Street is expected to open there within a month.

D-Street is supposed to be Disneyland's answer to Walt Disney World's TrenD store... which was supposed to be WDW's answer to Disneyland's Vault 28. As it's been described to me, D-Street will carry pretty much the same type of edgy, urban merchandise currently offered at both Vault 28 in Downtown Disney and the Fortuosity Shop inside Disneyland. I don't know if Disney eventually plans to close Vault 28 in favor of the larger D-Street space, or if D-Street is only a temporary fix.

I'm still not sure why they didn't use one of the spaces for a Disney holiday store, something Downtown Disney could definitely use.

In other Downtown Disney news, Little Miss Matched moved into their new space this week, and should reopen tomorrow. Ridemakerz is moving in as we speak, and an employee said they are trying to get open by Saturday.

AVP

TowerofTerror
10-08-2009, 06:59 PM
well guess the economy hurting any new tenant to move into downtown Disney

AVP
10-08-2009, 10:55 PM
I'm still not sure why they didn't use one of the spaces for a Disney holiday store, something Downtown Disney could definitely use. Looks like I'm not the only one. :~D I just heard that the spot that Little Miss Matched has been using while their permanent space was being constructed will be turned into a Disney Christmas store after LMM moves out this weekend. The new store is supposed to open by the end of the month.

So, this means Disney will be operating 2 temporary spaces in Downtown Disney this holiday season, in addition to Marcellines and Vault 28. Ridemakerz is also a temporary holiday store, so that's three likely vacancies after the first of the year.

AVP

backsthepack
10-09-2009, 04:12 AM
I wish they had a holiday store there all year.

But I do bet that Ridemakerz will be such a hit that it will become a permanent tenant. With Build A Bear being such a hit, I would assume that Ridemakerz will be as well.

olegc
10-09-2009, 06:49 AM
So, this means Disney will be operating 2 temporary spaces in Downtown Disney this holiday season, in addition to Marcellines and Vault 28. Ridemakerz is also a temporary holiday store, so that's three likely vacancies after the first of the year.

AVP

I know! Use the modern micro-payment technology (rumored for along time to be used for attraction entrance) to charge folks 50cents to enter each store! Insta-revenue and they'd not be offering free entertainment anymore...

Oh, and be sure to report each process up the ladder so you can synergize with parks, movies, consumer, yadda yadda...

CariBelle
10-09-2009, 07:31 AM
Looks like I'm not the only one. :~D I just heard that the spot that Little Miss Matched has been using while their permanent space was being constructed will be turned into a Disney Christmas store after LMM moves out this weekend.

Yay! Isn't the store at WDW year round? I hope that maybe this is such a hit they decide to keep it around.

Drince88
10-09-2009, 07:48 AM
Yay! Isn't the store at WDW year round? I hope that maybe this is such a hit they decide to keep it around.

There's a Christmas store in Downtown Disney that's open year round, and I believe at least the Magic Kingdom (in Liberty Square) and the Studios (Hollywood Blvd) have permanent Christmas outlets.

CariBelle
10-09-2009, 07:53 AM
Thanks Drince! The one I was thinking of was in Downtown Disney. Now can we maybe hope for a Mickey Mart? haha

Hannahbelle
10-09-2009, 10:03 AM
Disney Christmas store??? Really? Oh thats worth a stroll through DTD! Yippie!

I have a tree completely decorated in Disney ornaments that I put up every Christmas. It makes me smile!:)

Than I can get a pretzel, a jamba juice and a makeover at Sephora! JK!;)