PDA

View Full Version : Ariel's Grotto

missymouse
01-24-2003, 06:26 PM
Has anyone yet eaten here? I was thinking of making a reservation when we visit with my 20 month old and 8 month old next month. Is the menu very expensive, or somewhat reasonable, and is the character experience overdone- we don't want to be constantly accosted by characters, as my 8 month old can be a bit skittish..... thanx for any info. Does anyone know of a link to parks menus for this place?

disneygeek87
01-24-2003, 06:41 PM
I've eaten here about a month ago. I thought that the food was really good. Everything is one price, (around 17 or 18 dollars) you get a soup or salad, an entree, and a dessert. The staff was very friendly and I had a good time. The characters do come around, but when it is busy, they only get to your table once or twice. (Or at least thats how it was when I was there.) The theming is great and I would reccomend this restauraunt.

cstephens
01-24-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by missymouse
Has anyone yet eaten here? I was thinking of making a reservation when we visit with my 20 month old and 8 month old next month. Is the menu very expensive, or somewhat reasonable, and is the character experience overdone- we don't want to be constantly accosted by characters, as my 8 month old can be a bit skittish..... thanx for any info. Does anyone know of a link to parks menus for this place?

We were just there last Sunday. I don't have the review ready yet (it should be ready in the next week or so), but I do have the menus up. Click on this link for the lunch menu (http://colddeadfish.net/arielsgrottolunchmenu.html) and click on this link for the dinner menu (http://colddeadfish.net/arielsgrottodinnermenu.html). The dinner menu is only slightly different from the lunch menu. There is one extra entree choice and one extra dessert choice. Also, the price for dinner is a bit more expensive, but the meal includes dessert, whereas lunch only includes starter and entree. Beverages are not included at all for adults but are included for kids.

As for the character experience, I believe the only characters present are Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Chip & Dale and Ariel. All of the characters except for Ariel are dressed in maritime-themed costumes. On the day of our visit, Ariel was unavailable, so we were a bit disappointed, but we had an absolutely wonderful time. And the characters are pretty conscious of their effect on kids. If they encounter a child who's not too happy about them being close, they won't force it. They will usually wave from a distance, so that the child can see them but not be frightened by them.

Have a great time!

Sonya in Boise
01-25-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by cstephens
. Beverages are not included at all for adults but are included for kids.

This must be a recent change. We ate here in Dec. (under the old name) and beverages were included w/ our adult meals also. That helped make the price more reasonalble.

We did enjoy the meal, although my nephew had a horrible meltdown during it so it could have been better. LOL

My daugter loved Ariel, I asked earlier in the day to make sure she would be there. It would not have been worth the price if she wasn't there. The whole reason was to see her.

I had the Salmon BLT and enjoyed it. My sister had the fish and chips and also enjoyed it. The peach cobbler was WONDERFUL for desert.

cstephens
01-27-2003, 10:50 PM
The review is done and up. Click on this link (http://www.colddeadfish.net/arielsgrotto011903.html) if you're interested in seeing it. Since it has pictures, I'm just posting a link rather than the review itself. Thanks.