PDA

View Full Version : Ann Hamburger was a friend of J. Larson

stagedoor
07-18-2001, 02:33 PM
Jhonothan Larson was the guy who wrote the lyrics, music and story of the amazing musical Rent which is the anthem of any artist, as it says in a book about the musical that I happened to be looking through. Jonothan died before the show opened, so he never had a chance to see it get onto Broadway and stuff and the book talks a lot about him and what an amazing guy he was. at the end his family put together a list of a few frinds who they thought he would have thanked, who they thought had an effect on him. and one name caught my eye - ann hamburger.

That sort of clinches my positive feelings towards her that grew from reading kevin's interveiw with her, which painted her as a totall theater person like me, who worked a lot in non-profit theater like me and is into innovation and doing new things and is hands on and who really wants to do theater. That's just how I would be if I had her job, and I would *love* to have her job. It is the ultimate thing to be - to be able to just be responsible for all the shows and stuff... wow that would be so much fun, I would turn Disneyland into a mecca for performance artists. just kidding, but some really cool, more abstract movement/visual things going on in nooks and crannies in the park could be really neat - the colors of Mickey come alive, or different types of big human flowers and plants reacting to different music from the classic D flicks in and around the Hub late at night... I don't know, sort of Fantasia stuff but live. well see, I've still got college to get through.

and since I'm in a Rent mood now,

VIVA LAVIE BOHEME!!!

Kevin Yee
07-18-2001, 03:52 PM
I think we will see really unusual stuff from her in the coming months and years. Not all of it will work, I predict, but at least it won't be boring. I hope. :)

One thing she does have is a lot of energy and ideas. In time, this can only be good, one assumes. I'm giving her a chance for the moment...

DisneyFreak2000
07-19-2001, 09:13 PM
I LOVE RENT!!!! It is the best. Check out my rent thread in the lounge. It's the greatest musical ever, la vie boheme!!!:D

Morrigoon
07-19-2001, 11:48 PM
MOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo

;)

Napsto
07-22-2001, 02:48 AM
rent, is it good?

stagedoor
07-22-2001, 02:59 AM
Rent is a show that mokstly gets you to be really happy that you're alive, to be really happy with life. It does that through the story of a bunch of artists (composer, filmaker, performance artist, drag queen etc) who are all trying to just get by, to have some fun, to fall in and out of love and get by AIDS. Most of the characters have AIDS and some are gay, some defied their parents by moving to the Village, everyone just wants to pay their rent (in their apartment and in life...)

So for anyone who ever wanted to have anything to do with art, or knows someone with AIDS, or had a gay friend, or just loves *really* good musicals, this is the perfect show. Don't miss a chance to see it. And I definately agree with Morrigoon. MOOOOOOOOOooo.

why Dorothy and Toto went
over the rainbow
to blow off Aunty Em
LaVIE BOHEME!!

Napsto
07-22-2001, 03:04 AM
thank you for the info.

DisneyFreak2000
07-22-2001, 07:26 PM
Rent is about being young in New York, being brave and being scared. Being in love and being in trouble, viewing hope for today and faith for tommorow. :)

"No Day But Today"