PDA

View Full Version : Disney has revised the special AP seating for Aladdin - Monday thru Friday only

Darkbeer
01-24-2003, 02:23 AM
Weekdays only, beginning January 18th through February 28, 2003, Annual Passholders will have a limited amount of reserved seats at each performance of this larger-than-life show (not valid on Saturdays on Sundays). These seats will be distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis and a valid Annual Passport will be required to sit in this special reserved section. Visit the Hyperion Theater Ticket Podium on these days to get your reserved ticket to experience "Disney's Aladdin - A Musical Spectacular"

So don't miss your chance to take advantage of this Passholder perk as we welcome "Disney's Aladdin - A Musical Spectacular" to Disney's California Adventure™ park!

Children 2 and under will be asked to sit on a parent's lap.

Seating will be first come first serve basis.

The queue will open at Hyperion Theater 45 minutes prior to show start.

Tickets will be available at park opening for all shows.

This offer is for a limited time only. Once the offer expires all seating is first come, first serve.

Seating locations in the theatre may change from show to show.

Must show valid Annual Passport to receive ticket for show.

KarenW2
01-24-2003, 09:04 AM
Well, that certainly isn't a "perk" for us, since weekends are the only time we can make it up there to the parks! This is about as good as that Passholder event for Flik's Fun Fair - only during the week and the latest ticket you could get was for 5pm!!

Don't they realize people have REAL jobs?! Where else would we get all the "disposable income" we have to spend in the parks?!

That is a real disappointment!

sydney
01-24-2003, 10:34 AM
I agree, a major let down. The times when the reserved seat would be most useful, they've taken away.

The second problem I see with the tickets is that there are so few seats reserved, the tickets sell out less than an hour after opening. Karen's right, the main reason these tickets are a benefit is because APs often arrive with less time to enjoy waiting in line...

The one positve thing I would say is this: the reserved seat section (at least where they did it the first weekend of this promo) is the best view of the show anywhere in the theater-- first and second row of the mezazanine. So if you're in a position to use the AP reserved seating tickets... do so!

RStar
01-24-2003, 12:07 PM
I had it all planned for this Sat.! Oh, well. I guess the good thing is that if you go on the weekend and get in the mez. line you have a chance for those seats because they aren't reserved (I hope).

Baloo
01-24-2003, 09:25 PM
although i would also have liked the reserve seating on the weekends i understand why Disney would do this.

If i was a one day paying customer i would be extremely dissapointed to show up on the weekend and find out that i can not see the show becuase the best seats had been taken up by people that could see the show any time of the year.

I imagine these people would feel just as bad as like when we AP'ers go to the park and sections get closed down for photo shoots or for private parties