PDA

View Full Version : new Disney big figurines ("big figs")

Pages : [1] 2

cstephens
10-01-2009, 04:55 PM
Forgot that over the weekend, we saw some new big figs at the resort. Sorry that the pictures aren't as clear as I'd like them to be. My phone doesn't do well taking pictures in not-bright lighting.

This is Victorian Mickey and Minnie carolers.

cstephens
10-01-2009, 04:56 PM
This is Samurai Mickey. He's pretty cute.

cstephens
10-01-2009, 04:58 PM
And this is Samurai Minnie or Kimono Minnie or Minnie-San, depending on whether you go to Disneyana, Off the Page or World of Disney.

She's really beautiful. I'm seriously considering getting her for a friend for her birthday.

cstephens
10-01-2009, 05:02 PM
Oh, sorry, one more - Santa Mickey with his sleigh being pulled by reindeer Pluto. They're both smaller than the normal big figures since it's a bigger piece overall. Very cute though.

ChurroGirl
10-01-2009, 05:24 PM
Forgot that over the weekend, we saw some new big figs at the resort. Sorry that the pictures aren't as clear as I'd like them to be. My phone doesn't do well taking pictures in not-bright lighting.

This is Victorian Mickey and Minnie carolers.

I think I am going to splurge and get this for christmas this year to stand near my christmas tree!! I love this one so much!

darph nader
10-01-2009, 08:11 PM
Pretty good pics actually. Too bad there wasn't something for scale. ;)

TowerofTerror
10-01-2009, 08:29 PM
Awesome picture of the figurines

D15
10-02-2009, 02:59 AM
I'm pretty sure I'm in love with all of these! :eek:
But Minnie-san especially, she looks gorgeous!

Malcon10t
10-02-2009, 10:15 AM
Why'd ya have to do that to me????? I haven't spent my fun card yet. But I like both the Santa and Samurai Mickey!

Z3ro to H3ro
10-04-2009, 05:58 AM
Do any of you collect Big Figs? I just picked up a Maleficent for my wife... never had really heard of them. I remember seeing them now that I looked some information up online, like the Jedi Mickey... but still was clueless until now.

I replied to an ad of a lady selling a Disney Villains canister set... 4 cookie jar sized canisters with Captian Hook, Maleficent, Evil Queen, and Ursala on them. When I got there she had this awesome Maleficent Big Fig too, and said it was for sale... so I bought it. I can't find any pics online of anything that looks like it though. Says "Disney Auctions Limited Edition 250" on the bottom and that is all I know of it. 32" tall, 18" diameter base, her staff globe lights up... and it's heavy! I need to take better pics, these were with my iphone last night. I'll take some with my camera tonight.

cstephens
01-24-2010, 09:01 PM
A new big fig arrived about two weeks ago, and I think it's pretty awesome - Mickey dressed as Indiana Jones! Picture attached. :)

cstephens
01-24-2010, 09:02 PM
Here's a close-up of the idol.

Niwel
01-24-2010, 09:38 PM
Do any of you collect Big Figs? I just picked up a Maleficent for my wife... never had really heard of them. I remember seeing them now that I looked some information up online, like the Jedi Mickey... but still was clueless until now.

I bought the Donald Duck in Carbonite (Han Solo) for Mr. Niwel -- he bought me the Minnie as Mary Poppins one. :fez:

Ish68
01-31-2010, 12:18 AM
I have that Maleficient big fig. It is huge and heavy.

I have 17 figures at home then had to stop because they do take up lots of shelve and counter space.

Z3ro to H3ro
01-31-2010, 12:28 AM
Do you really? Sweet! I knew someone out there had to have one! I looooove the thing. :) Wish they had more Maleficent big figs. And you're right... it is a big heavy thing!!

BlkPearlCptn
01-31-2010, 03:55 PM
I have the one of Captain Jack. The details on it are incredible!

cstephens
01-31-2010, 03:57 PM
I have the one of Captain Jack. The details on it are incredible!

Jack Sparrow? I don't remember a big fig of that, but I know they've released pieces exclusive to WDW and online as well, so I haven't heard of all of them. Or do you mean the Classics piece?

GrumpyGoofyGuy
02-01-2010, 06:56 PM
A new big fig arrived about two weeks ago, and I think it's pretty awesome - Mickey dressed as Indiana Jones! Picture attached. :)

What is the retail price and how is the best way to buy one if you can't get to the park anytime soon?

BlkPearlCptn
02-01-2010, 07:06 PM
Jack Sparrow? I don't remember a big fig of that, but I know they've released pieces exclusive to WDW and online as well, so I haven't heard of all of them. Or do you mean the Classics piece?

The CM referred to it as a "Big Fig"

cstephens
02-01-2010, 07:18 PM
What is the retail price and how is the best way to buy one if you can't get to the park anytime soon?

Can't remember exactly, but I think it was $150. At most, $175.

You can probably get it through DelivEars or any third-party retailer that sells merchandise from the parks, but I expect the shipping charge in either case will be fairly substantial since it's a big piece and not exactly light, so be warned.

GrumpyGoofyGuy
02-08-2010, 10:45 AM
Can't remember exactly, but I think it was $150. At most, $175.

You can probably get it through DelivEars or any third-party retailer that sells merchandise from the parks, but I expect the shipping charge in either case will be fairly substantial since it's a big piece and not exactly light, so be warned.

The retail is $150 which is fine, however they want $60 shipping which is unreasonable.:eek:

spectromen
02-10-2010, 12:48 PM
Do you really? Sweet! I knew someone out there had to have one! I looooove the thing. :) Wish they had more Maleficent big figs. And you're right... it is a big heavy thing!!

Search ebay, Z3ro - there are at least 2 other ones besides the one in your pic, 1 from DL, 1 from WDW, both retired.

spectromen
02-10-2010, 12:49 PM
The retail is $150 which is fine, however they want $60 shipping which is unreasonable.:eek:

Actually, as Disney goes, that sounds reasonable. You might only pay $25 or so if you buy a Big Fig on ebay, but coming direct from Disney, you can easily return it if it arrives broken without dealing with hassles of private sellers.

AVP
02-10-2010, 01:07 PM
The retail is $150 which is fine, however they want $60 shipping which is unreasonable.:eek:I tend to agree that Disney's shipping fees are outrageous, but keep in mind that big figs are usually "Oversize 1" packages, which means they ship at the price of a 30lb box, no matter how much they actually weigh. Some of the larger pieces are actually "Oversize 2," which is even more expensive.

Just the perspective of someone who's shipped a few (thousand) packages in her life.

AVP

GrumpyGoofyGuy
02-10-2010, 11:27 PM
I tend to agree that Disney's shipping fees are outrageous, but keep in mind that big figs are usually "Oversize 1" packages, which means they ship at the price of a 30lb box, no matter how much they actually weigh. Some of the larger pieces are actually "Oversize 2," which is even more expensive.

Just the perspective of someone who's shipped a few (thousand) packages in her life.

AVP

The 2 Big Figs we have now are the Classic Mickey and the Sorcerer Mickey. I still have the boxes and even the Sorcerer Mickey box (which is pretty big) doesn't measure out to oversize UPS standards. I ended up ordering on eBay and the overall cost was about $30 less than going through Disney DelivEars. When I replied to DelivEars' email and told them that their shipping seamed a bit high, they never even gave me a courtesy reply. I guess they knew I had them FIGURED out.:D