PDA

View Full Version : DLR Strollers are now $15 per day to rent

Pages : [1] 2 3

Darkbeer
10-01-2009, 10:05 AM
Yes, you are reading the title right...

The strollers went from $12 to $15 per day to rent this week. (Single).

Disney will rent you two for just $25.

Heck, just stop by Walmart or Target on your way to the park and buy one at that price.

(And if you don't want to take it back home, drop it off at a charity pick up spot! on the way back to the airport.)

mkraemer
10-01-2009, 11:15 AM
Ye
Heck, just stop by Walmart or Target on your way to the park and buy one at that price.

(And if you don't want to take it back home, drop it off at a charity pick up spot! on the way back to the airport.)

And you can take the cheap, purchased stroller back to hotel with you, rather than having to turn it in at the end of your day. MUCH easier for you and your child!

GREAT suggestion about donating to charity too; thanks, Darkbeer!

sjhanksaz
10-01-2009, 11:25 AM
Or leave it in a bathroom on the way out of the park.

Do Disney Visa Card people get half off the new and not so improved pricing?

cstephens
10-01-2009, 11:27 AM
Or leave it in a bathroom on the way out of the park.

Why would you leave it there for a cast member to have to deal with and for Lost and Found to have to house for some period of time? That's the equivalent of littering, imo.

Darkbeer
10-01-2009, 11:27 AM
FYI, I should mention that standard wheelchairs are still $12 ($32 with a $20 deposit returned at the end of the day).

ECV's are now $50 ($70 with a $20 deposit).

sjhanksaz
10-01-2009, 11:47 AM
Why would you leave it there for a cast member to have to deal with and for Lost and Found to have to house for some period of time? That's the equivalent of littering, imo.

Sorry but I can get pretty sarcastic. But te thought did occur to me of hundreds of strollers in the lost and found. It kind of made me smile, imo

Darkbeer
10-01-2009, 11:54 AM
Sorry but I can get pretty sarcastic. But te thought did occur to me of hundreds of strollers in the lost and found. It kind of made me smile, imo

Ever walk out of the park through the security gates late in the day? I swear there are more rental strollers than guests in the area! :eek:

TIMBO
10-01-2009, 12:53 PM
In August we needed an ECV and a stroller so I went in early to avoid the crowds, rented both and parked them by the Train entrance.

Came back an hour later and even though I blocked it in with the ECV the stroller was gone.....:mad:

Took my reciept where they hand you the stroller and got another without a wait. :cool:

Disney Donna
10-01-2009, 01:04 PM
Yes, you are reading the title right...

When the airline lost our stroller, we went to Target to buy another one. It's a short distance down the street from the DLR! Very convenient.

adriennek
10-01-2009, 01:07 PM
And you can take the cheap, purchased stroller back to hotel with you, rather than having to turn it in at the end of your day. MUCH easier for you and your child!

Yep.

But then, my opinions on this topic are well documented. (http://www.mouseplanet.com/8990/Strollers_Rent_or_Own) ;) Even more reason to not rent!

Adrienne

letitsnow
10-01-2009, 03:13 PM

Maybe then they will realize that people will not pay the high price for their strollers and lower the price back down.

stan4d_steph
10-01-2009, 03:40 PM
I really can't get on board with buying something that you know you will be throwing away a few days later. It just feeds into the American throw-away mentality. Sure donate it to charity, if you can, but if everyone does this, there will quickly become a huge amount of strollers at nearby charity shops that they will then have to deal with.

MammaSilva
10-01-2009, 03:51 PM
What a friend of mine did recently, brough an inexpensive stroller...used it while they were there, then on their last day they took the stroller to the office (off property) and asked the staff if there was someone on staff that could make use of it, the staff accepted the stroller and passed it on...it worked for them.

darph nader
10-01-2009, 07:06 PM
We just bring an inexpensive stroller with us. It's getting to be the $3.00 of death. $3.00 here,$3.00 there. Oh wait,please cough up another $3.00. :mad:

TIMBO
10-01-2009, 07:40 PM
We bring an umbrella stroller I found at the thrift store and hook it on the DLR stroller until we need it at the end of the day to get our 5 yr old back to the Hotel.

The DLR strollers are much more comfortable for that afternoon nap and when she finally doesn't need a stroller anymore, I'll sell it at a yard sale......(Oops, I hope thats not contributing to the over-population of the world of strollers...:rolleyes:) :cool:

Crazy4DL
10-01-2009, 08:39 PM
I really can't get on board with buying something that you know you will be throwing away a few days later.

I agree with you, Steph. Especially if one goes to DL often.

I'll sell it at a yard sale......(Oops, I hope thats not contributing to the over-population of the world of strollers...:rolleyes:) :cool:

You aren't buy a stroller each time you go to DL - whole different story so not sure what your eye rolling is about.

sendkeys
10-02-2009, 01:52 AM
Maybe then they will realize that people will not pay the high price for their strollers and lower the price back down.

This is Disney; they have more business and economic degrees than public relation. They know how much they can milk out of us. A 25% increase in price means that even if 1/4 of people stop using the strollers they will still save money via labor and equipment. We should be happy they still allow outside strollers. They could ban outside strollers over made up “safety reasons” then jack the price up to 20 bucks a day.

Drince88
10-02-2009, 04:02 AM

Hasn't worked at WDW. They really increased their prices a while back (I think it was much more than a $3 increase and probably about a year ago) and they have NOT come back down. And there's a LOT more walking in the WDW parks!

DisneyMouse
10-02-2009, 05:49 AM
I had the pleasure of working strollers in WDW MK. I know the strollers are a different style in DL but after what came in on the strollers and our idea of cleaning them I would not rent a stroller for sanitation reasons :eek:

mechurchlady
10-02-2009, 06:58 AM
There will always be a need for used strollers. Large charities like Goodwill can move excess items to other areas if need be. I would rather bring a cheap but comfortable stroller for a kid than use the Disney ones. For one thing it is a lot easier on parents to use a stroller to get to the hotel at night and you know for sure that the stroller is clean.

There will always be women's shelters and other agencies needing strollers. The fee raise is a lot of money.

Disney Donna
10-02-2009, 09:08 AM
There will always be women's shelters and other agencies needing strollers. The fee raise is a lot of money.

I wish Disney wouldn't put us in this predicament. I agree that the fee raise is alot of money so in one sense Disney doesn't give us that much of a choice. We spend lots of money just to be there so we have to save wherever we can.

Nancy
10-02-2009, 01:05 PM
I really can't get on board with buying something that you know you will be throwing away a few days later. It just feeds into the American throw-away mentality. Sure donate it to charity, if you can, but if everyone does this, there will quickly become a huge amount of strollers at nearby charity shops that they will then have to deal with.

You could always give your cheepo stroller to someone in line at the stroller rental.

DaDuckFan1955
10-02-2009, 01:56 PM

Whatever happened to exercise?

When we took my son down to DLA when he was 3 we had him walk, and late in the day, we took turns carrying him from ride to ride as he napped and then we sat and watched the people for a couple of hours until the fireworks, when he woke up, wanted a hot dog, so we got him a hot dog, fries and soda, watched the fireworks, then headed out of the park. He walked with us as we held his hands to the tram area, then we carried him to the hotel and he slept the whole nightS through, was rested in the morning and repeated this adventure for 3-4 days.

Exercise our children a novel concept?:eek:

nvmom
10-02-2009, 03:40 PM
The hotels across the street would probably do well with a stroller rental/swap type thing really. If there was an effective way to manage it, kwim?

nvmom

DebT
10-02-2009, 04:35 PM
Whatever happened to exercise?

8 hours into a 13 hour day at DLR last Saturday, I determined my son had enough exercise and rented a stroller.