PDA

View Full Version : Got a Backstage magazine in the mail today, don't have an AP

Pages : [1] 2

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
09-28-2009, 09:31 PM
On the front was a little note asking our family to come back. We had APs for a few years, but cancelled them about 2 years ago. I found it interesting they were "shopping" people to become APs. It also explained the whole payment plan option, and we don't even live in CA.

olegc
09-28-2009, 10:14 PM
$$$$$$
if you buy, and don't come often, it's money in the front door that they can count right away..

maybe they'll start selling food in advance too - just to make sure you buy it now and not later :rolleyes:

KarenW2
09-28-2009, 11:40 PM
We just got the Backstage magazine a couple of days ago, with the extra thing on the outside, asking US to "come back", but we haven't even gone anywhere!!

We're CURRENT PAPs, not due to renew until the end of December and were wondering why we hadn't gotten the mag, back when others were saying they'd already received it!!

We still get the Family Fun magazine, even tho we don't have kids, so it's a total waste to us. We pass the issues onto friends who do have kids.

Sure wish they still had the Disney Magazine!!

quackinup
09-29-2009, 09:44 AM
I got one too, and am an AP holder. I just got a new one in August tho, guess they haven't updated those mailing lists recently. Or maybe it's just cheaper to send the same one out to old and current AP holders rather than printing 2 different kinds.

CariBelle
09-29-2009, 09:46 AM
I got it also and I'm a current AP holder. I believe the problem is that when you register for your AP online account at Disneyland.com you enter your AP barcode number, if that number changes for whatever reason the system doesn't see you as an active AP unless you log in and change the number.

quackinup
09-29-2009, 09:47 AM
I got it also and I'm a current AP holder. I believe the problem is that when you register for your AP online account at Disneyland.com you enter your AP barcode number, if that number changes for whatever reason the system doesn't see you as an active AP unless you log in and change the number.

No, I went on and updated mine right after getting the new one in August.

AVP
09-29-2009, 09:59 AM
We got the new AP magazine, sent directly to (not forwarded by the post office) our brand-new address, with the "We Want You Back!" message on the cover.

So... they got our change of address on our current APs... but they don't realize we're current APs.

Sounds like a marketing glitch somewhere.

AVP

Tinkermommy
09-29-2009, 10:21 AM
And ironically, we're current PAP holders, and we didn't get one!! We seem to get them only sporadically, even though we've lived at the same address for almost seven years...:confused:

oregontraveler
09-29-2009, 11:59 AM
I got a magazine too, former Deluxe AP'er. I may renew in 2010 with the
Give A Day, Get A Day promotion.

With prices going up each year, might be worth $75 towards a new AP :cool:

houseofmouse
09-29-2009, 12:17 PM
And ironically, we're current PAP holders, and we didn't get one!! We seem to get them only sporadically, even though we've lived at the same address for almost seven years...:confused:

Same with me! For the whole year I had my pass, (expired this past July) I never received one. I even verified my address and everything.

Maybe now I will get one asking me to come back!!

mkraemer
09-29-2009, 12:36 PM
We got our Backstage Pass magazine over the weekend, and I had to laugh because the timing was perfect--almost without exception, we check our mail after a trip to Disneyland and we've received a magazine that tells us all about the fun we would have if we took a trip to the park!

Except this time, we had to cancel the trip because of illness and other commitments, but the timing was still in synch with our travel plans.

I thought it was weird to get the 'We Want You Back" message since most of us have current APs. But shouldn't they have mailed the magazine a little sooner than just now? Right at the center, on the right side, there's an article called "Let's Go To The Expo," all about the D23 expo--which is already over!

Oh yes, and the timely info about the AP rates at the resort hotels--the offer expiring September 30.

Hrumph.

FaithTrustPixieDust
09-29-2009, 12:50 PM
I've been an AP since December 2008 and have never received the magazine. We opted out of the one for kids so maybe it opted us out of this one too. I would have loved to get the magazine though. Maybe I'll be getting one now since they seem to be sending them asking to come back. Now if they offer the payment plan that would be awesome since it's kinda hard to come up with the money for 2 AP's at one time (we're PAP's). I will keep ya posted on this one.

emmajean
09-29-2009, 01:24 PM
We just got the Backstage magazine a couple of days ago, with the extra thing on the outside, asking US to "come back", but we haven't even gone anywhere!!

We're CURRENT PAPs, not due to renew until the end of December and were wondering why we hadn't gotten the mag, back when others were saying they'd already received it!!

We still get the Family Fun magazine, even tho we don't have kids, so it's a total waste to us. We pass the issues onto friends who do have kids.

Sure wish they still had the Disney Magazine!!

Same thing with us. Our pass expires oct 31 and this is the first backstage pass we've received on this AP.

PlayGirlBunny
09-30-2009, 06:36 PM
They sent my family some early this month as we have passes but then a week ago they sent us another one saying they want us back as pass holders. for a moment we didnt have passes last year so I think if you have ever had passes they send them in the hopes you come back.

DizneyMommy
10-01-2009, 06:35 AM
We didn't get one either. I have been an AP for over 10 years and I swear since they started mailing that Backstage Pass I have never gotten a single one. My MIL and Mom both get theirs, separate addresses, and I had my pass long before they did, but I never ever get one. SO annoying!!

disneylandgirl
10-01-2009, 10:21 AM
I have been an AP member since Dec. '08 also, and the ONLY thing I have ever received in the mail was a "Welcome" card in June. It basically said Welcome to being an AP member... kinda late!! LOL

Drince88
10-01-2009, 10:34 AM
maybe they'll start selling food in advance too - just to make sure you buy it now and not later :rolleyes:

They already do that with the Dining Plan in WDW and the Vouchers in DL!

hlbtimes2
10-03-2009, 09:49 PM
We didnt get one either. = (

TowerofTerror
10-03-2009, 10:15 PM
When I got my backstage magizine I never got renewal. I perhaps didnt get one because I just got an annual pass again after not having one for a year

AaronInCal
10-04-2009, 03:10 PM
Yet again, more proof that Disney does not seem to mind having so many annual passholders. They keep pushing the ads, asking former APs to come back and make it easier than ever to pay for one. They must make more money then most think from them.

Merih
10-05-2009, 06:35 AM
I don't understand why they would object to having annual pass holders. We went for 2 days last month. Since I was sick we decided to upgrade our 3 2-day parkhoppers (1 child, two adults) for an extra $450. During that trip (excluding two nights at PPH, air, and our original parkhoppers) we spent $1700 in the park.

Since we 'don't have to pay' for the entrance to the park, and it seems like it doesn't cost anything (never you mind the $450 that's already been deducted from our life worth.... ), then it doesn't seem to hurt so much to pay $800 for a few nights at the Grand Californian--which, by the way, has a special AP rate that's $6 MORE a night than the deal they have out right now. I imagine that many people just assume it's the best 'special' rate and feel special to be permitted to buy at that rate. Add to that another character meal, at least 5 meals purchased in the park, one or two in DTD, snacks up the wazoo---but it doesn't cost that much because we 'didn't pay to get in'!

P.S. What's this magazine? Does it have any value? Like Coupons?

Malcon10t
10-05-2009, 06:39 AM
P.S. What's this magazine? Does it have any value? Like Coupons?You can find a copy at www.disneyland.com/ap, log in, and it is along the left column.

Merih
10-05-2009, 06:53 AM
You can find a copy at www.disneyland.com/ap, log in, and it is along the left column.

Hmm. Cool. Another curiosity--does anyone have the Disney Visa? I keep seeing offers for it--and $100 the first time you use it seems good. We pay off our cards every month. What are the rewards like? If I use it to pay for my household expenses monthly---say $2000, will that add up? Do you receive certificates? How does it work?

cstephens
10-05-2009, 09:42 AM
Another curiosity--does anyone have the Disney Visa? ... Do you receive certificates? How does it work?

You get a rewards card that you can load your points onto, and then you basically use the rewards card like a gift card where they debit the amounts that you spend.

We use our rewards for food at the parks, so we get free food a lot. Some people save up their points and use it to pay for annual passes or even entire vacations. I think it's a good deal.

Hannahbelle
10-06-2009, 08:41 AM
While we are talking about PAPs, does anyone remember that we used to get coupons at the beginning of our year?