PDA

View Full Version : MP's Gift to Kids

RideMax Mark
07-18-2001, 05:09 AM
Regarding sending our "freebie" DCA tickets to MP -- I thought the AP holder had to be present for the tickets to be used.

Is that not the case?

Thanks,
Mark

Alex S.
07-18-2001, 06:30 AM
Yes, but it need be only one AP holder, regardless of the amount of children. We'll make sure an AP holder is present.

akamom
07-19-2001, 10:58 AM
Just mailed off 8 tickets today. If you need chaperones, my 3 daughters and I would like to offer help with this. Would just need to clear schedules. If chaperones are needed, please respond to Mightyduk44@hotmail.com.

Kevin Yee
07-19-2001, 12:03 PM
I'm not coordinating this at all, but I wanted to thank you and anyone else helping out on this effort. Every bit helps!

Napsto
07-19-2001, 12:48 PM
you can make a diffeence.

cstephens
07-19-2001, 01:03 PM
So who are the organizations getting the tickets and monetary donations? The announcement only mentioned non-profit organizations in Orange County.

Flubber
07-19-2001, 01:10 PM
These freebie tickets are showing up on Ebay for the nominal buy it now price of $33. I guess if you're going do something nice for someone it might as well be yourself.

Flub

Napsto
07-19-2001, 01:17 PM
lol

adriennek
07-19-2001, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by cstephens
So who are the organizations getting the tickets and monetary donations? The announcement only mentioned non-profit organizations in Orange County.

Right now we're working with two groups who run homes in Orange County for severely abused and neglected children. They have asked us not to use their names publically at this time.

In doing research to prepare this project, I found that this is often common when dealing with organizations such as these.

Adrienne K

adriennek
07-19-2001, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by akamom
Just mailed off 8 tickets today. If you need chaperones, my 3 daughters and I would like to offer help with this. Would just need to clear schedules.

I would like to thank you for your generosity. Several people have sent e-mails offering to help chaperone. This is very kind of all of you. For legal reasons, the agencies will provide their own staff members to chaperone the children.

Adrienne K

Splash Freak
07-19-2001, 02:33 PM
I think this is a great project since it help people who are less fortunate. If I had tickets I would donate them. Mabay you can get ahold of Cnythia Harris and not Prego Pressler (My nickname for that scumbag) and see if she'll like offer a place to have a picnic or free lunches for the kids. Keep up the great work.

RideMax Mark
07-19-2001, 05:04 PM
For those running this event, I don't know if you're interested or not, but I'd be glad to throw in some RideMax touring plans for this "one big day" at the park.

I'll include them with my tickets if you'd like...

Mark

www.ridemax.com (http://www.ridemax.com)

Napsto
07-19-2001, 07:07 PM
$25 bucks, is there a beta version for those unsure of the program?

RideMax Mark
07-20-2001, 05:07 AM
This is OT for this thread Napsto, but we've finished the RideMax beta test phase. As the web site says, however, we do offer a 21-day money-back guarantee for users who are unsure of the benefit. If you use the software and end up dissatisfied, just let us know why and we'll refund your subscription.

BTW, although we don't have a large subscriber base at this point (the program was just "officially" released last month), we have yet to receive a refund request, if that's any indication...

Mark

Napsto
07-22-2001, 02:56 AM
how mayn transactions have been made???

Gandalf
08-18-2001, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by adriennek

Right now we're working with two groups who run homes in Orange County for severely abused and neglected children. They have asked us not to use their names publically at this time.

In doing research to prepare this project, I found that this is often common when dealing with organizations such as these.

Adrienne K
I think it was great that you made a difference in some very important peoples' lives. How did the DCA program go? I looked through some of the posts but must have missed it somewhere. I sure hope they all had great memories to last them a while.

adriennek
08-18-2001, 05:35 PM
Here's a link to the last update I posted: http://www.mouseplanet.com/akrock/ak010807.htm

I haven't posted another update because, frankly, I've been very very busy coordinating everything. As you can see from the link, Rainforest has donated meals for the kids (YEAH!) I haven't formally announced it yet, but there's another restaurant donating meals to the kids-- Let's just say that next time you're at DCA, you might want to buy a glass or bottle of wine or have a sandwich; I strongly encourage you to! ;)

At this point, we want to provide further updates when we have photos to accompany them :) The visits will begin shortly so keep watching the main page of MPlanet for another update there!

Adrienne K