PDA

View Full Version : pumpkin fudge

Pages : [1] 2

cstephens
09-26-2009, 11:51 PM
For those pumpkin fudge lovers, just letting you know that it's back in the park. We saw it at Market House (the kitchen place next to Disneyana) and the Candy Shop area of the Emporium.

oregontraveler
09-27-2009, 05:46 AM
mmmmm..... pumpkin fudge

olegc
09-27-2009, 08:14 AM
they finally figured out the trans fat issue (if that's what it was - there was a thread last year). i wonder about the taste..

Malcon10t
09-27-2009, 10:07 AM
they finally figured out the trans fat issue (if that's what it was - there was a thread last year). i wonder about the taste..The regular, orange, and tigerbutter taste just as good. I don't do pumpkin so won't be able to eval.

TowerofTerror
09-27-2009, 11:47 AM
sound good maybe I buy spme the next time im there

THpoohbear
09-27-2009, 03:49 PM
I tried a piece on Monday. The CM said it was the first day of availability for the pumpkin fudge. It is tasty. Very sweet. I had a piece pre-trans fat change, but it was several years ago so I can't really compare. If you like the spices that accompany most fall pumpkin treats, and like fudge consistency, then I think you'll enjoy it.

I bought one piece to share with my husband and sister. Between all three of us, we still have some left. A small piece goes a long way.

celticfury
09-27-2009, 03:50 PM
Man, I wish they would make these specialty fudges available year round. With my job I cannot go during the Holidays. Pumpkin is my absolute favorite thing !! I have always wanted to try the Pumpkin Fudge ! They can't ship it can they ??:crying:

Mom2
09-27-2009, 11:41 PM
The regular, orange, and tigerbutter taste just as good. I don't do pumpkin so won't be able to eval.

Malcon10t, what is tigerbutter? I think I remember seeing it and never got to try it. Is it sort of a butterscotch or maple or tofee or something?

fairestoneofall
09-28-2009, 06:41 AM
MUST. TRY. I love all things pumpkin.

Malcon10t
09-28-2009, 12:32 PM
Malcon10t, what is tigerbutter? I think I remember seeing it and never got to try it. Is it sort of a butterscotch or maple or tofee or something?I believe it is a combo of peanut butter, white chocolate and regular chocolate fudges, swirled together.

cheshirecatgirl
09-28-2009, 06:38 PM
I love pumpkin fudge!

Toocherie
09-28-2009, 09:38 PM
Pumpkin fudge--yum.

TowerofTerror
09-28-2009, 09:52 PM
sounds good I must try some

MadasaHatter
09-29-2009, 12:29 AM
I will try the Pumpkin Fudge this week as I am giddy with anticipation to visit this Hallowe'en!!!! Oh and did I mention that I was mad??????

chahn
09-30-2009, 10:42 PM
Are there any other Halloweenie treats available in the parks?

cstephens
10-01-2009, 10:36 AM
Are there any other Halloweenie treats available in the parks?

Yes. Many of the restaurants have themed desserts (like pumpkin pie and pumpkin cheesecake), and some of the stores have cookies and such.

AZ Disney Lover
10-01-2009, 12:27 PM
All this pumpkin talk makes me think of Department 56 and how much I will miss it during the holidays. Cannot wait next week to try all the desserts that contain the word "pumpkin" - I'm sure they are all non-fattening!!!!

Rkkm
10-01-2009, 03:34 PM
Yes. Many of the restaurants have themed desserts (like pumpkin pie and pumpkin cheesecake), and some of the stores have cookies and such.

Cafe Orleans has a hazelnut tiramisu in a special small ceramic jack-o-lantern mug, which sports Mickey ears and "Happy Halloween". (The "Celebrate Today" logo is on the bottom of the mug, so I guess it is a collectible.) It is called the Halloween Demitasse Dessert Cup. (They are calling the mug a "demitasse.")

The tiramisu is topped with with pumpkin mousse, which is sprinkled with chocolate shavings. The tiramisu is icy cold and really a pudding rather than the traditional tiramisu (no espresso, lady fingers, alcohol). There is a hazelnut paste at the bottom, so you have to stir it up a bit to get the flavors mixed.

I think the price is $7.95. You take home the mug.

cstephens
10-01-2009, 03:51 PM
Cafe Orleans has a hazelnut tiramisu in a special small ceramic jack-o-lantern mug, which sports Mickey ears and "Happy Halloween". (The "Celebrate Today" logo is on the bottom of the mug, so I guess it is a collectible.) It is called the Halloween Demitasse Dessert Cup. (They are calling the mug a "demitasse.")

They seem to have different things inside the cup at different places, because it wasn't tiramisu at Plaza Inn. I didn't have it but was told it was some kind of apple caramel muffin or something. They also had the cup at Rancho.

I'm attaching a picture I took at Plaza Inn.

THpoohbear
10-01-2009, 04:12 PM
Oh my goodness! Those dessert mugs are SO cute!

racccoon
10-01-2009, 04:49 PM

The tiramisu is topped with with pumpkin mousse, which is sprinkled with chocolate shavings. The tiramisu is icy cold and really a pudding rather than the traditional tiramisu (no espresso, lady fingers, alcohol). There is a hazelnut paste at the bottom, so you have to stir it up a bit to get the flavors mixed.

I think the price is $7.95. You take home the mug.
Dessert and a take home cup? All for just $8? That is a really good deal!

Mrs Mouse
10-01-2009, 05:02 PM
I didn't have it but was told it was some kind of apple caramel muffin or something.

Oh my goodness, how good does that sound?! And that mug is so cute.

Just one more reason I wish I could visit during Halloween-time.

chahn
10-01-2009, 05:58 PM
Cool! I'll be on the look out for those.

Poppins
10-03-2009, 10:49 AM
Does anyone know if the pumpkin fudge will still be around during Thanksgiving?

Malcon10t
10-03-2009, 12:30 PM
Does anyone know if the pumpkin fudge will still be around during Thanksgiving?It is usually there through Christmas.