PDA

View Full Version : Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Bytebear
09-25-2009, 11:56 PM
Well, while everyone else was watching the fireworks, we were in line for Space Mountain. The wait was 100 minutes.

I loved it. They did a great job with the overlay. And it will scare younger guests. And the effects to the mountain on the outside made the wait so much easier. They were amazing.

This is definitely a must do!

Mr.Abominable
09-26-2009, 12:36 AM
Well we sat right up front (for 3 hours)for the fireworks and then waited 120 minutes for Ghost Galaxy. We totally loved it! The outside sound and visual effects were awesome, they really got everyone excited about the ride. We thought the effects inside were good too and the music was perfect. Tons of fun. It is so exciting that DLR is really started to embrace Halloween!

cynthia312
09-26-2009, 01:24 AM
The fireworks was amazing! Much better than Magical. Although these two are totally different from each other, the Halloween Screams caught my attention more. The music score was awesome!

Ghost Galaxy was cool too. I loved the beginning (on the first lift) However...during the ride was not as good as I thought it would be. It still looked a lot like the original. I wish they added a bit more _______ to it. I'm not going to spoil it for anybody else.

All in all, this was a great addition to HalloweenTime.

explodingboy
09-26-2009, 01:45 AM
I got to the park around 10 (they opened at 9) & went straight over to tomorrowland, the wait then was already 65 minutes (I guess that's nothing compared to 100+ minute lines later in the day) this early in the day the fastpass was already between 7:10 & 8:10 that night. Overall, worth the wait, very very cool, I'm excited to go check it out at night & see the effects on the outside. Also, probably not the best ride for the little tikes.

Tisha
09-26-2009, 10:20 AM
Wow, I left right after fireworks so I didn't see the line get that long. I went on Space around 3. The line said 65 minutes but in reality it was about 45. When we first got to the park at 1 we got fastpasses, which were for 10:45-11:45. We ended up finding 2 people coming in as we were leaving to give them to. I guess thoes people really lucked out because I had no clue the line was 2 hours by then!

There must not have been any line effects in the day? I didn't notice anything different. The inside effects were okay. I didn't love it. Wasn't scary enough. It did seem un-Disney though. I liked the music though, and any change is nice for a while.

Bytebear
09-26-2009, 12:04 PM
There must not have been any line effects in the day? I didn't notice anything different. The inside effects were okay. I didn't love it. Wasn't scary enough. It did seem un-Disney though. I liked the music though, and any change is nice for a while.

The outside effects only happen at night, and they are totally worth checking out the mountain at after dark.

TIMBO
09-26-2009, 01:07 PM
Does anyone know if any Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy merchandise is being sold? :cool:

TowerofTerror
09-26-2009, 04:22 PM
what is the current wait Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy right now

currence
09-26-2009, 04:57 PM
Not there anymore but when we were there earlier, the standby had a wait of about 45 minutes and the fastpass distribution was fast approaching a midnight return time (i.e. almost all gone). That was around 1pm if I recall correctly. My guess/assumption is that once the fastpasses are all out, the standby times will increase.

Bytebear
09-26-2009, 11:09 PM
Does anyone know if any Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy merchandise is being sold? :cool:

The ride photo is custom to Ghost Galaxy.

EmmasMom
09-27-2009, 06:51 AM
How scary is Space Mountain now? Would a 7 year old be too scared? She is not scared on other DL rides, Haunted Mansion, Indy, etc. Feel free to reply with spoilers.

Thanks

cstephens
09-27-2009, 09:31 AM
We went on yesterday. We got Fastpasses at 11:45am, and the return time was 7:50, but we didn't end up going on the ride until about 10pm, after the fireworks. The wait time at 6pm was 70 minutes, and at 10pm, the wait time was 90 minutes.

I liked the ride, especially since it was literally darker, less light. The effects were kind of scary, but fun scary for me. I can completely understand why they have the warning signs outside that it might be too scary for children.

I liked the outside effects too, but visual and sound.

Tinkermommy
09-27-2009, 09:42 AM
Got to Disneyland around 2-ish yesterday, and waited about 60 minutes for Space Mountain. (Fast passes were, of course, gone.) We LOVED it!!

Re scary and what happens inside:

I think the worst part was not knowing what would happen. We all (3 adults and 3 kids) kept waiting for things to pop out at us, but that didn't happen. Most of what I remember is that skeleton guy that's in the promotional pictures floating and rotating like the planets usually do. Sometimes it's just the skeleton arm. There are a few points where it looks like you're going to drive into the skeleton, but you don't. The music is different. You wouldn't think that would make a huge difference, but it does. When you ride Space a lot, you get used to certain turns going with certain points in the music. It actually threw all of us off, like it was a different ride. I think that added to the "unease." The entrance tunnel is different -- they don't have the spinning strobe thing going. Instead, you see this glowing thing at the end of the tunnel, and if I remember correctly, it morphed into the skeleton's face. Would it be too scary for a 7 year old? That's really hard to say. I think if the child goes on Space regularly and is okay with Indy, it might be okay. I think that Indy is scarier. Maybe you could show her the pictures of the skeleton guy and let her know he'd be floating in space ahead of time. Are there enough of you so that one person could go on first to check it out, knowing the child?

EmmasMom
09-27-2009, 11:49 AM
Thanks everyone for the info. She didn't think the "creature" on the poster looked too scary. She can sit next to dad and close her eyes.

dlandfan71
09-27-2009, 01:50 PM
Thanks for posting the spoiler! We are going on Oct 21st was I was trying to figure out if my son would be ok with the new version. He had no problem with the old version.

Tinkermommy
09-27-2009, 03:59 PM
He had no problem with the old version.

Just wanted to make sure you noticed I qualified that -- it's definitely scarier than the original SM!

sendkeys
09-28-2009, 12:15 AM
Anyone have any idea about when they take it down?

explodingboy
09-28-2009, 01:52 AM
went on saturday as well as friday and I got to see the outer effects I must say very neat. its cool to see something different every once in a while.

The old man
09-28-2009, 08:02 AM
Well, while everyone else was watching the fireworks, we were in line for Space Mountain. The wait was 100 minutes.

Are they not doing FP?

cstephens
09-28-2009, 08:07 AM
Anyone have any idea about when they take it down?

Presuming it'll end when Halloweentime ends - Nov. 1.

Are they not doing FP?

FP wouldn't have been available anymore at that time. I expect they were out by maybe 1pm. We got ours on Saturday at 11:45am, and the return time was 7:50pm.

PlayGirlBunny
09-29-2009, 05:02 AM
Is ther any pop outs inline or on the ride besides the ghost image guy?

dlandfan71
09-29-2009, 07:39 AM
Just wanted to make sure you noticed I qualified that -- it's definitely scarier than the original SM!

I did. Thanks for checking. I keep talking about the changes and that it may be scary. He says he is going. So... We'll see.

madmaxx
09-29-2009, 11:16 AM
Our 8 & 10 year old didn't find it scary (though it is loud) ... neither of them were impressed. Both preferred the old Space Mountain, but loved the Haunted Mansion overlay.

Rteneyck
09-29-2009, 12:08 PM
we will be goin on Thursday October 8th. If we get there first thing in the morning on Thursday and grabbed a fastpass for space first thing, what do you think the return time would be?

Tinkermommy
09-29-2009, 12:39 PM
Is ther any pop outs inline or on the ride besides the ghost image guy?

I'm not sure I'd even describe what is there as pop-outs. They're more like floating things that sometimes look like you're going to run into them. Besides the skeleton guy and his arm, I do remember a blinking eyeball. Looked sort of like an alien. Just the eye and surrounding skin, though; not a whole face. Incidentally, my daughter thought the skeleton guy WAS an alien.