PDA

View Full Version : First Look: Disneyland's Halloween Screams fireworks [Spoilers]

Pages : [1] 2

AVP
09-25-2009, 11:45 PM
Part 1 of our video from tonight's public debut is now available on You Tube. Part 2 is processing, and you'll be able to view it shortly.

Xp5Vlh1k82w

Once Part 2 uploads, it will be available at MousePlanet.tv (http://www.youtube.com/user/MousePlanetVideo)

It looks like there was a problem with Part 2, but it's now available so you can see the whole show:

4z0bvcB93Ew

Enjoy!

AVP

Mr.Abominable
09-26-2009, 12:40 AM
We totally LOVED the fireworks tonight. The music was awesome and the Flying Zero was very, very cool, loved the way he floated and hovered so ghostlike. The whole thing was outstanding and well worth the wait to sit right up front to get the full scope of all of the lighting effects. Can't wait to watch it again on Sunday.

sierranevada
09-26-2009, 07:00 AM
Wow! That was awesome.

Nikara
09-26-2009, 07:14 AM
I saw the fireworks last night from right up front and thought that they were absolutely amazing! One of the best shows I have seen! The music soundtrack was really good- I want a copy to listen to on my Ipod. I thought that the projections were super cool, and the entire show was creative and fun. Everyone around me seemed to really enjoy it as well. Many were dancing and screaming along! This one is definitely a keeper!

lola2009
09-26-2009, 07:18 AM
I cannot wait to see it in person!!! Me and the kids just watched part 1 3 times LOL

IllusionOfLife
09-26-2009, 10:22 AM
I saw the fireworks last night from right up front and thought that they were absolutely amazing! One of the best shows I have seen! The music soundtrack was really good- I want a copy to listen to on my Ipod. I thought that the projections were super cool, and the entire show was creative and fun. Everyone around me seemed to really enjoy it as well. Many were dancing and screaming along! This one is definitely a keeper!

Really? I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one.

I though that the effects were very well done, it was very cool seeing zero fly on tinkerbell's line, but for me the show was ruined by those horrible 90s pop sounding renditions of the songs. I think it just totally ruined the mood of the whole show, it instantly transformed from a classic Disneyland fireworks show to something that was scraped from the bottom of Disney Channel's barrel of commercial break music videos.

I don't know, if they do this again next year I very much hope they use re-cut versions of the original songs (as was done with Remember… Dreams Come True) rather than this 'Disney goes boyband' nonsense.

DisneyFunFamily4
09-26-2009, 10:51 AM
loved it, cant wait to see it in two weeks!

quackinup
09-26-2009, 10:55 AM
loved it, cant wait to see it in two weeks!

Meeee tooooo (although my 2 weeks is a little shorter than your 2 weeks :D)

Nikara
09-26-2009, 11:01 AM
Really? I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one.

I though that the effects were very well done, it was very cool seeing zero fly on tinkerbell's line, but for me the show was ruined by those horrible 90s pop sounding renditions of the songs. I think it just totally ruined the mood of the whole show, it instantly transformed from a classic Disneyland fireworks show to something that was scraped from the bottom of Disney Channel's barrel of commercial break music videos.

I don't know, if they do this again next year I very much hope they use re-cut versions of the original songs (as was done with Remember… Dreams Come True) rather than this 'Disney goes boyband' nonsense.

I get what you are saying, I guess it just sounded more acapella to me than boy band. I personally enjoyed it, and thought it was entertaining to watch everyone around me (mostly people in their 20s/30s) rocking to the beat while watching the show.

IllusionOfLife
09-26-2009, 11:12 AM
I get what you are saying, I guess it just sounded more acapella to me than boy band. I personally enjoyed it, and thought it was entertaining to watch everyone around me (mostly people in their 20s/30s) rocking to the beat while watching the show.

The music itself wasn't bad, it was harmonized well, and the voices were good, but my main problem with it is that it didn't fit the mood of a Disneyland fireworks show.

From my experience the Disneyland fireworks shows are something classy and timeless, where they could bring back something like Remember… Dreams Come True 50 years from now and it'd still work. This, however, is a little bit too Disney Channel for me.

Nikara
09-26-2009, 11:18 AM
The music itself wasn't bad, it was harmonized well, and the voices were good, but my main problem with it is that it didn't fit the mood of a Disneyland fireworks show.

From my experience the Disneyland fireworks shows are something classy and timeless, where they could bring back something like Remember… Dreams Come True 50 years from now and it'd still work. This, however, is a little bit too Disney Channel for me.

I totally get that. It was definitely a very different type of fireworks show. For me personally, the fireworks weren't even the most important part for this one. With the screen, the projections, and zero, I was somewhat distracted from the fireworks! I wouldn't want all of the soundtracks to sound like this, but Halloween has always been a bit irreverent at Disney (at least to me). It seems like a chance to try something a bit different. I liked the experiment! But you are right- I wouldn't want all of the shows to sound like this one.

asianbma
09-26-2009, 12:46 PM
XTREME(Extreme) HD video that I recorded on Sept. 25 09. Watch it in HD.

In my opinion, I think this is by far the best firework show than "Magical" Fireworks. Even though, I said that, I still love Magical Fireworks. I hope that it will get better next time when it returns again.

This one has more fireworks than Magical.

Here is the video that I recorded: Enjoy in HD.

For bigger and better quality screen click on the link to be directed to the Youtube website. Turn up the volume to make this video more enjoyable.

My favorite part of the fireworks is at 7 min and 15 second in the video. I love the music and the effects.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlb_iPg1g7Q

houseofmouse
09-26-2009, 01:13 PM
Totally amazing!! Watched it twice! This is the music from the Hallowishes at Magic Kingdom. I love the music! Loved Jack and Zero! Wish I could see it in person!

HauntedKid
09-26-2009, 02:31 PM
Ooooooh my God! It is amazing, can`t wait to see it!!! Amazing just amazing, Disney always does it for me..... :)

TowerofTerror
09-26-2009, 04:26 PM
what great review so far about the hollowen fireworks show. I cant wait to see it one week or perhaps in 2 weeks with my gf

mousecanuck
09-26-2009, 04:54 PM
That was so very, very, very cool!!! I get what you mean about the '80's band' music in parts, but it's choreographed so unbelievably well - could they be so dead on (pardon the pun) with the original music? There's a little more 'bounce' to this track. I SOOOO want to come and see in person. Alas, not this year...

And just exactly when and how do they 'practice' this stuff?!?!?

cheshirecatgirl
09-26-2009, 07:23 PM
The music is actually pretty much the same as WDW's Hallowishes fireworks, which is available on CD. I've been listening to it a lot lately!

Looks like a very cool show!

olegc
09-27-2009, 08:17 AM
i thought it was a great show
except
having a large ball with images of everything floating inside ...

doesn't that beg for Madame Leota? I guess her incantations would not fit the upbeat mood of the music... but still! It's Halloween and they sang Grim Grinning Ghosts.. I guess bringing over the Hallowishes music made the decision for them.

cstephens
09-27-2009, 09:26 AM
We saw the fireworks last night, and we absolutely loved it. The music was awesome - yes, it's time for a new CD from the Disneyland Resort. I do agree that it was very a capella with some of the reworkings of the songs - I loved the new arrangements. During the day, I had mentioned to the husband that it would be cool to have the Oogie Boogie balloon that was out during one of the later HMH events, so when the balloon actually showed up during the show, I just started laughing. I loved the projections, and having multi-colored Oogie was pretty cool. They seemed to shoot off a lot more shells off the castle than in other shows.

The only thing I wasn't crazy about was Jack's voice - it didn't sound as much like Jack as I would have liked.

But that's only a minor point, and as much as I like the fireworks themselves, I'd love to just be in the park listening to the soundtrack.

They did a great job with these new fireworks.

cinerbelle
09-27-2009, 06:09 PM
Where is the best place to sit and how early do you have to get there? I am more antsy then the kids!

cookie7762
09-27-2009, 08:41 PM
I agree that the music was waaaay too boy band. The original versions of the songs would have been far better. "Porr unfortunate souls" was almost un-recognizable to me. The upbeat tone also took away from the "spookiness".

That said, the rest of the show was amazing! I will be there the 10th and 11th and I will absolutely die if there are high winds. Those dang winds ruined my christmas fireworks experience and I'll be darned if they ruin halloween!

IllusionOfLife
09-27-2009, 09:09 PM
So can someone explain to me why they used music from A Night on Bald Mountain, and The Bells of Notre Dame for the Melificent sequence? :confused:

Phil Johnson
09-28-2009, 02:13 PM
Wow... That is one heck of a show! A couple of the musical selections have hokey arrangements, and the crystal ball does beg for some Madame Leota. But that is still an amazing piece of work. Must be even more stunning in person.

MadasaHatter
09-29-2009, 12:34 AM
I have forced myself NOT to watch the video as we are going to be in the parks this week and I lovelovelove Hallowe'en!!!

As for the music....I am used to the cheesey music. I know I will not be popular but that "Wishes" music drove me up the wall insane ten times worse than any IASW ever. At least IASW is catchy. Of course......I am mad.....

DizneyMommy
09-29-2009, 06:24 AM
Caught it last night - soooo cool!!!! My girls went nutz for Zero. We actually sat down by Carnation Plaza thinking we'd wait out the crowd and thought we wouldnt be able to see anything, but we had the perfect view of the ball, zero, and about 1/3 of the left side of the castle and its light show. It was awesome! I think some of you are just being too picky, it was a great show, the kids loved it, very exciting to see something completely different, and the music fit the atmosphere and show, I didn't see anything bad about it.