PDA

View Full Version : Any new Disney Store Promotions? ie duffle bag etc

Pages : [1] 2

GORGON
09-24-2009, 12:08 PM
Is there any new promotions inside disneyland or the store like the Duffle Bag promo. Buy a certain amount to get a free ,......?

Tinkmom
09-24-2009, 12:39 PM
When we were in the park on 9/16 the duffel bag promotion was actually still going on.

GORGON
09-24-2009, 01:25 PM
Thanks. i guess they'll come up with something for Christmas.

FaithTrustPixieDust
09-24-2009, 02:23 PM
That duffle bag could come in handy for us since last year when we went at this time they were having a sale on christmas ornaments and we ended up having to buy a bag to get all our stuff home. LOL I didn't get the back though but I do have one of those duffle bags from both WDW and DCL so I definitely need the complete set. LOL

ChurroGirl
09-24-2009, 03:16 PM
My FDH and I were in the parks this last weekend and the duffle bag promo was still on.
Buy 40$ worth of merch, get the rolling duffle for 15$.

AVP
10-04-2009, 11:27 AM
There are two new promotions at Disneyland as of this weekend:

Mickey Mouse watch for $15.95 with any purchase of $30 or more

and/or

Mickey and Minnie throw blanket for $16.95 with any purchase of $50 or more.

Here's the link to the Disneyland Web site with pictures:

http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/artofdisneyparks/event/dlr_fall_2009_purchasewithpurchase_promotion.html

mrsdisney68
10-04-2009, 12:29 PM
Those both look really nice...I hope I can get either one in Dec when I go!!

TIMBO
10-04-2009, 01:36 PM
I hope its only one throw blanket this year...I went broke last year trying to get all 5 or 6 blankets they had available. :cool:

Snowwhite7
10-05-2009, 02:25 PM
TIMBO,

I might have you pick me up a blanket or two.... if we don't make it this year

TIMBO
10-05-2009, 06:05 PM
TIMBO,

I might have you pick me up a blanket or two.... if we don't make it this year

Just let me know...we'll be there in 4 days! :cool:

bluuth
10-06-2009, 10:08 AM
Has anyone seen the throw? Is it actually woven or just fleece?

I'll most likely be getting it regardless :eyeroll:...but inquiring minds want to know!

quackinup
10-19-2009, 08:21 AM
Has anyone seen the throw? Is it actually woven or just fleece?

I'll most likely be getting it regardless :eyeroll:...but inquiring minds want to know!

Don't know if I'm too late to answer this for you, but it's woven.

bluuth
10-19-2009, 08:00 PM
Thanks quackinup!!! I've been to the park since I asked, but I've never gotten the boyfriend to stop in a store to look!

I'm really excited to get one!

quackinup
10-19-2009, 08:42 PM
I was in several stores and saw the watches everywhere but it was near the end of my trip that I finally saw the throw. It looked like it might be pretty nice.

Something else to note, when I mentioned to a clerk in the store that I should have made all of my purchases at once she asked if I still had my reciepts, so I guess if I could have assembled $50 worth I could have still purchased the throw.

kfreak
10-21-2009, 10:20 AM
I was in several stores and saw the watches everywhere but it was near the end of my trip that I finally saw the throw. It looked like it might be pretty nice.

Something else to note, when I mentioned to a clerk in the store that I should have made all of my purchases at once she asked if I still had my reciepts, so I guess if I could have assembled $50 worth I could have still purchased the throw.

I am not sure on Policy, but I do know that some of them will let you pool your receipts to purchase it. Like I said though I am not sure about Policy.

Lehua
10-22-2009, 12:51 PM
I saw the watches last week and this is just a picky little detail that I noticed. They come in two sizes but the smaller watch seemed too small to me and the bigger watch was too big. (And I'm saying this as a person who really likes big watches.) Has anyone else noticed how crazy big that big watch is or is it just me?

The throw looked really nice but I just couldn't justify buying another blanket right now, as I have too many.

HobbitFeet
10-23-2009, 07:59 PM
Once on, the watches are pretty nice!

Then again, I'm not a fan of tiny dainty watches, and was actually planning to buy the man's watch for myself (female) until I saw the face of that thing, LOL.

And hubby LOVES the big face on his watch.

FWIW the CMs told me that I could have bought both items with my purchase...I didn't want the throw, but they kindly let me buy two watches, and I got to pay for them (well, one...I owed about 13 bucks from my own money) with my birthday fun card, too... VERY successful purchasing experience. :)

mechurchlady
10-26-2009, 09:48 PM
I love the throw which must be four feet by five feet and is woven. It is a bit rough but we love the characters on the blanket and for $20 it is a great gift. They will let you combine receipts. I stared in my worn out, too much good food, tired look and said receipt? It was in my other pocket but she did let me have the blanket even though I had only $45 in sweatshirts.

Make sure you check out the shops as they have discounts like the 2009 sweatshirt is $36 but with AP discount and 40% I was able to get two of them for $45. $12 coffee cups for 40%.

GORGON
10-27-2009, 02:03 PM
Any pics ?

HorizonsA
10-29-2009, 11:37 AM
I am not sure on Policy, but I do know that some of them will let you pool your receipts to purchase it. Like I said though I am not sure about Policy.

Maybe I can shed some light on the subject since I actually work in stores at the Resort.

Your eligible purchase MUST be BEFORE taxes and AFTER discounts (Premium passes, Visa, etc).

We are no longer able to COMBINE receipts from other stores, if you'll read the fine print, the Purchase withe Purchase (PWP) item must be made in a SINGLE transaction. the reason for this is, not all stores carry the PWP items and some stores such as Castle Heraldry in Fantasyland and the Parisol Cart in New Orleans do not count because these stores are privately operated. If you decline to buy any of the items, you forfeit your eligibility. If you decide later that you really do want the item(s), you will need to make another qualifying purchase but it is also subject to Lead/Manager approval, but in most cases they will not let you since the rules are printed for you all over the stores. In some cases, you can combine receipts, but ONLY if you make purchases within the same land (ie, you can't buy something in Adventureland, then go to Critter Country and add the two receipts together), but it is also subject to Lead/Manager approval.

Please abide by the rules and re-read the fine print, it just makes it easier for us.

cstephens
10-29-2009, 03:28 PM
Please abide by the rules and re-read the fine print, it just makes it easier for us.

Actually, it's pretty much up to the CM to abide by the rules of the promotion. As far as I can remember for these kinds of promotion, you've never been able to combine receipts. They all say "in a single transaction". If CMs have been allowing people to combine receipts, then they've been circumventing the rules and building expectations that people will be able to do that again in the future.

mechurchlady
10-29-2009, 04:09 PM
I did not ask the CM for a discount, to let me do the PWP with only $45 worth of merchandise or to combine receipts. She on her own asked if I had purchased anything that day.

Maybe it is against the rules or maybe Leadss and or CMs are bending or changing the rules, now sure why but I never asked for special treatment.

HorizonsA
10-30-2009, 09:32 AM
With the dufflebag promotion, the Leads specifially told us that combining receipts was allowed. But for this new one, they told us specifically that no combining shall be allowed. Some Cast Members seem to ignore this and don't follow the guidelines. But I'm a Cast Member who follows the rules set forth by management. I will only allow combining, if and only if, you buy things in the same land, as the Leads told me that this is OK. I'm not trying to be mean when it comes to selling these items, but the rules are clearly printed at every cashwrap and all over the stores. It clearly says "with a purchase of $30 or more" for the watch, and "with a purchase of $50 or more" for the throw. Those rules and guidelines are not just for Guests but for us too.

I mean, if your at the $45 mark and you want the throw, just buy an antenna topper, they're only $4.95! Except the Indiana Jones ones, as they are $6.00.

sendkeys
11-22-2009, 10:14 AM
Here is the list of black friday sales for you crazy people going out on that day

Disney Store Black Friday
Disney Stores will open at midnight Thanksgiving night to kick off Black Friday shopping.

From opening until 10 a.m. Nov. 27, shoppers can take 20 percent off all items, including already discounted merchandise. Specials that day include:

* $5 deals: graphic character tee shirts (regular price $9.50), holiday ornaments (regular price $9.50 each) and character mugs (regular price $8.50)

* $10 deals: Classic Disney Princess dolls (regular pricing $16.50), favorite Disney plush characters (regular price $14.50 to $16.50) and colorful fleece throws (regular price $19.50)

* $15 deals: a Disney-Pixar Cars Lightning McQueen Runaway Racer (regular price $29.50), Toy Story Talking Buzz and Woody Deluxe Action Figures (regular price $24.50 each) and a Disney Princess Glamour Case (regular price $19.50)

Specials for the entire Thanksgiving weekend include:

* Disney Princess Darlings Castle, $49.50 (regular price $79.50)

* Classic Disney Princess Dolls 8-Piece Gift Set, $69.50 (regular price $99.50)

* Cars Dinoco Helicopter, $39.50 (regular price $59.50)

* Cars Deluxe 20-Piece Die Cast Gift Set, $79.50 (regular price $99.50)

* Minnie Mouse Kitchen Play Set, $59.50 (regular price $99.50)

* With a purchase of $40 or more, guests can also buy a Holiday Sweater Mickey Mouse plush for only $5 while supplies last.

http://slickdeals.net/?sdtid=1685669&u2=http://www.stitchkingdom.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/disney_store_black_friday_opening_hours.pdf

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/2009/11/12/disney-store-expands-black-friday-midnight-openings-at-malls-nationwide-slashes-prices-on-top-holiday-gift-ideas-starting-at-5/

cstephens
11-22-2009, 11:40 AM
Here is the list of black friday sales for you crazy people going out on that day

Disney Store Black Friday
Disney Stores will open at midnight Thanksgiving night to kick off Black Friday shopping.

I am assuming you are referring to Disney Stores as in the retail locations at malls and such? This thread is actually about promotions at merchandise locations at the Disneyland Resort, even though the title references a Disney store.