PDA

View Full Version : Rod Miller to be featured in Keyboard Magazine

kennyhues
01-21-2003, 04:05 PM
Hi All,

I've just interviewed pianist Rod Miller for Keyboard Magazine. For anyone who doesn't know, Rod's been playing ragtime piano Wednesday thru Sunday for over thirty years. When I visited Disneyland around this past Christmas, I met Rod and realized that his long-timer status was certainly noteworthy, and his highly entertaining style is definitely deserving of some recognition in Keyboard. Rod will be in the March issue, which will hit the stands the first week or so of March.

RStar
01-22-2003, 11:17 AM
Thank you for letting us know. Many of us spend quite a bit of time at the park visiting with Rod. He has watched my todler kids grow into teens. I, for one, will be picking it up. Even though I never even new it exsisted:eek: . (Sorry;) )

kennyhues
01-22-2003, 01:56 PM
Isn't he a kick? I was surprised to find that a kind of family has sort of sprung up around him, from teens to senior citizens. As Rod put it, (and I paraphrase) "Peyton Place has nothing on us as far as interpersonal intrigue goes." In addition to hearing some great music, I learned all about the nightly drama of several of the teens (Hi Leah, if you're out there, and Trevor: Get a clue, buddy - she likes you). Having lived my whole life in Northern CA, I can't quite get my head around the idea of Disneyland as a hangout. Anyone who may be reading that's never been aware of Rod before, stop by the Coca-Cola Corner Café on the West side of Main St. some Wed-Sun evening and enjoy one of the better "atmosphere" elements Disney has ever offered. And tell Rod I said Hi.