PDA

View Full Version : Couple married at the park tonite after closing (9/23/09)

Pages : [1] 2

MKY4ME
09-23-2009, 08:47 PM
The set-up was in front of the castle--ceremony was supposedly to begin at 9:15 pm tonite (sept 23). Was set up for 50 guests. That is all I was able to find out

Disneylanding
09-23-2009, 11:15 PM
I was really currious about the early closer. Thanks! That explains the bunch of like 20 people dressed up really nice at the exits about 8:30 when we left.

AVP
09-23-2009, 11:48 PM
There was a wedding tonight, but I don't think it's who you think it was.

AVP

ChurroGirl
09-23-2009, 11:59 PM
Curious minds want to know, Who did get married in the park tonight then?!

candles71
09-24-2009, 09:05 AM
There was a wedding tonight, but I don't think it's who you think it was.

AVP

And, you left us hanging.... not cool:p;).

darph nader
09-24-2009, 10:11 AM
That's one way not to have the Pavarotsy,papparassi :mad: (or how ever it's spelled) not hanging around. :cool:

AVP
09-24-2009, 10:48 AM
And, you left us hanging.... not cool:p;).Sorry.

AVP

sierranevada
09-24-2009, 10:55 AM
Sorry.

AVP

Any hints?

AVP
09-24-2009, 11:17 AM
Any hints?It wasn't Kiefer Sutherland's daugter. It was a private couple. I know who they are, but they probably aren't anyone anybody else would recognize. Sorry, I don't have any great gossip to share.

AVP

houseofmouse
09-24-2009, 11:19 AM
Still a cool place to get married. How much does something like that cost?
Yes if I am asking I cannot afford it but am curious!!:D Plus I am already married.:p

Malcon10t
09-24-2009, 04:30 PM
Still a cool place to get married. How much does something like that cost?
Yes if I am asking I cannot afford it but am curious!!:D Plus I am already married.:pLast time I checked, starting cost was $50K. From there you add various items and the price goes up. I *THINK* that was for 50 (maybe 100, can't remember which I was asking for) guests.

CindyR
09-24-2009, 09:48 PM
I did an interview with a planner at Disney's Fairytale Weddings at the beginning of the year for a school assignment and here's the information she gave me.

Their larger packages vary from getting married in the park in the morning and having a reception in one of the hotels which starts at about $25,000 for 50 guests to an after hours wedding and reception in the park which starts at $106,000.

That's taken from my paper, and I wrote down the price quotes she gave me. These are for Disneyland specifically, I think it varies quite a bit for Disneyworld. They started the morning time Disneyland ceremony packages specifically for brides who wanted the in-park option and could trim down their guest lists to make it affordable. But you still have the reception itself in a hotel. She also gave me the package information they give brides which has price estimates for everything from food to cakes, floral, DJs, and other perks.

Drince88
09-25-2009, 03:58 AM
....an after hours wedding and reception in the park which starts at $106,000.
It sounds like they adjusted the park hours for this one - that would cost A LOT more than 100K, I'd think.

houseofmouse
09-25-2009, 07:05 AM
Wow! Just wow at those prices!
I agree with Drince to adjust park hours, betting that would cost a bit more!
Was it a famous couple?? I can't imagine DL changing park hours for just anyone with too much money.

Malcon10t
09-25-2009, 07:14 AM
I did an interview with a planner at Disney's Fairytale Weddings at the beginning of the year for a school assignment and here's the information she gave me.

Their larger packages vary from getting married in the park in the morning and having a reception in one of the hotels which starts at about $25,000 for 50 guests to an after hours wedding and reception in the park which starts at $106,000.

That's taken from my paper, and I wrote down the price quotes she gave me. These are for Disneyland specifically,Prices have really gone up! The prices I had were from about 3 years ago. Big raise in price!

pixar
09-25-2009, 07:43 AM
Wow! Just wow at those prices!
I agree with Drince to adjust park hours, betting that would cost a bit more!
Was it a famous couple?? I can't imagine DL changing park hours for just anyone with too much money.

Since Disneyland's a business, I wouldn't be surprised if they closed the park down for someone who has a lot of money.

adriennek
09-25-2009, 08:51 AM

Why should/would they "only" close the park for someone famous who pays for it? If they signed the contract, their money should be as good as someone famous's money.

Adrienne

DisneylandDad
09-25-2009, 09:02 AM
Why should/would they "only" close the park for someone famous who pays for it? If they signed the contract, their money should be as good as someone famous's money.

Adrienne

And in some cases even better.
I know of one instance for sure (and assume many others have happened) where a semi-famous couple wanted to get married and were asking for all kinds of special perks and concessions because they were FAMOUS.

A person with enough money to rent the park who is not famous would be more apt to just do the boiler plate stuff and add what they want at extra expense.

Phil Johnson
09-25-2009, 09:32 AM
Ahhh... Whatever happened to the good 'ol guerrilla weddings by the Snow White waterfall. :)

MammaSilva
09-25-2009, 09:41 AM
I personally know of two weddings in the park during normal operating hours...one on TSI and one believe it or not on PotC...both unique and fun and did not in any way distract from the other guests experiences, but both gave up all the traditional trappings of a wedding...it worked for those two couples it might not work for someone else.

Bytebear
09-25-2009, 09:49 AM
I personally know of two weddings in the park during normal operating hours...one on TSI and one believe it or not on PotC...both unique and fun and did not in any way distract from the other guests experiences, but both gave up all the traditional trappings of a wedding...it worked for those two couples it might not work for someone else.

Did they get special permission to do it, or did they do it under the radar?

houseofmouse
09-25-2009, 09:54 AM

Adrienne

You with your good points. What's up with that??:p
I guess they would, now I wonder who would have that much moolah and not be famous?

I have seen an in park reception. In 2008 by the castle where the princess's used to be. They shooed us away (disneyland security) when we were walking by too closely.:) It was all roped off but we caught a glimpse of a very pretty bride.

MammaSilva
09-25-2009, 09:55 AM
Both were 'guerilla'/under the radar weddings. Neither couple could afford a 'real' Disney wedding but both were non traditional in their approach to what was important to them. In Orange county ANYONE can perform a marriage ceremony if they get a one day permit thru the county and that's what both couples did, they had friends as their officiants and wrote their vows ...California law only requires that the couple agree to be married in front of two legal witnesses, everything above do you agree and affirmation in a manner that the officiant can swear in court that they did in fact agree is all frosting...the ceremony doesn't even have to be verbal.

cstephens
09-25-2009, 09:59 AM
I know of a couple who were quietly married aboard the Mark Twain. It sounded nice.

adriennek
09-25-2009, 10:06 AM
You with your good points. What's up with that??:p
I guess they would, now I wonder who would have that much moolah and not be famous?

Well, see, here's the thing. AVP and I are pretty tight. It wasn't anyone famous. She wasn't kidding. I called her and she rolled her eyes at me and it's not anyone famous. It's 'just' a couple who paid for it.

And there are PLENTY of people who have a lot of money who aren't famous.

I grew up in a very affluent area. Actually, there were/are famous people who live there, but they're the kind that tend to fly low and avoid the radar. But besides them, there are lots of people who live in the area who have lots of money for lots of reasons - but they're just living their lives and doing their own thing.

Adrienne