PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland fashion don'ts

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

SoCalSnowWhite
01-21-2003, 02:17 PM
One of my biggest pet peeves is seeing women walking around the parks like it's some kind of club wearing 4 inch heels. It's a little more tolerable now because of DTD.

But, there are still some styles that are a definite NO-NO!! On Sunday, as my husband son and I were waiting for the parade crowds to disperse, we spotted the winner of the day. A girl wearing some very tight almost painted on jeans WITH A RED G-STRING WORN ON THE OUTSIDE!!! It was horrible!!

So tell me, what's been the worst fashion disaster you've seen at the parks?

mrs. dr jones
01-21-2003, 02:22 PM
well i havent realy seen anything that bad but i just cant see how some women can wear heal all day at dl. i was there sunday and missed that fashion no-no. thank heavens!!!!!

Laffite
01-21-2003, 02:28 PM
Don't Disney have dress codes?

Or is it that if you're covered up and wearing shoes you're okay?

Allysen1Derland
01-21-2003, 02:59 PM
SoCalSnowWhite!!!! This is The Best!!!! I can think of a trillion "don't's"

now lemme think...I'll post soon! BELIEVE ME, I will! :D ;) :D

RStar
01-21-2003, 03:00 PM
Basically. "If ya aint nakid, yer in" seems to be the way these days. They have a dress code that is only followed in extreme cases, and it is much more leanient than it was when DL first opened. At that time dress shoes were all that were worn, and in fact the ladies high heels were getting stuck in the soft, just poured asfault on that hot July day.

HBTiggerFan
01-21-2003, 03:41 PM
This thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8478&highlight=fashion+donts) discussed many fashion don'ts in general. If you posted this topic I am sure you will love this thread too :D

cstephens
01-21-2003, 04:25 PM
JEN!

Wizard69
01-21-2003, 04:37 PM
But, there are still some styles that are a definite NO-NO!! On Sunday, as my husband son and I were waiting for the parade crowds to disperse, we spotted the winner of the day. A girl wearing some very tight almost painted on jeans WITH A RED G-STRING WORN ON THE OUTSIDE!!! It was horrible!!

Darn!!! I wasn't there to see it that day! :)

Gandalf
01-21-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by SoCalSnowWhite
So tell me, what's been the worst fashion disaster you've seen at the parks?
New Years Eve at Disneyland we were over at the Swing Dance area and saw a girl with most of her chest hanging out of a strategically cut up tshirt. She also was wearing dirty grey sweat pants. Several people kept yelling for her to put some clothes on and you could just tell that she didn't seem to see the problem she was creating. My son thought she dressed to stir things up. I wonder if the people would have complained as much if she hadn't been so overweight.

DisneyGuy03
01-21-2003, 08:21 PM
How about the girls with the shirts that are simply tied on with a method that it basically like a shoe lace, is it just me or does anyone else ever want to go up and simply pull the end of the string to untie it, just to embarass them to death?

There's plenty of others:

Dresiing in "Goth"

Dressing like the characters (under 12 and those that are "on stage" are exempted from this rule, as are those that are there for the Swing Dancing)

Dressing like characters at other parks anr/or non-Disney shows (No one is exempted from this one)

"Punk Style" Hair and/or clothing

Ripped, shredded or otherwise mutilated clothing.

Shorts that are more than two-three (depending on length of your thigh) inches above the knee.

Shoulderless blouses/dresses

Fancy Dresses/Dess Clothes

Bikinis

Sandals without a back strap (Causes many blisters by the end of the night)

Dress Shoes

Knives (You have no idea how many people I have seen walk in with a Knife on thier belt and those people that check the bags don't say anything to them!!! Oh sure, if it's in the bag, you can't bring it in, but if it's hanging on your belt loop, there's no problem with it, I wonder if someone had a Bomb hanging from their belt if they would jsut let them in, or how about a gun? If you have a permit it's legal to carry it, as long as it isn't concealed, at least in many cases.)

The list I am sure goes on, but thats all I have though of so far.

MammaSilva
01-21-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Gandalf
New Years Eve at Disneyland we were over at the Swing Dance area and saw a girl with most of her chest hanging out of a strategically cut up tshirt. She also was wearing dirty grey sweat pants. Several people kept yelling for her to put some clothes on and you could just tell that she didn't seem to see the problem she was creating. My son thought she dressed to stir things up. I wonder if the people would have complained as much if she hadn't been so overweight.

ewwww WE saw that one.... it was NOT pretty.....one of my biggest pet peeves is the girls that come with the daisy duke shorts with their buttcheeks hanging out the bottom and the barely there tops...it's a family park....dress like you would at a family event????? But maybe that's how they DO dress for a family event?

Jennifer
01-21-2003, 09:18 PM
Oh well geez! Pick a subject near and dear to my heart why dontcha!? I keep saying I want to create a website of bad Disneyland Fashion! (someday!)

1. Young girls (usually around 8-14) wearing sexy clothes that even I wouldn't wear in public! Where are their mothers!?!

2. Goths: White face makeup; layers of velvet, leather and vinyl!
Can't go on any water rides, It would ruin my velvet/leather/random heavy material/ coat! (besides making me look like a drowned rat!)
Can't go on any roller coasters, it would mess up my perfectly teased and ratted purple and black hair! (after all, it took hours to make my hair look like I brushe it with a blender)
Can't move around or walk quickly, I might start sweating. (Ever see one in the middle of summer? Hilarious! They look miserable, but I guess that's the point)
Can't look like I am enjoying myself, it would ruin my Goth image! So tell me again ... why are you here?

3. Anyone wearing vinyl/pleather/leather pants or tops! This is Disneyland not a dance club! And the usual culprits are about 5 sizes too big to be wearing vinyl anyway!

4. Daisy Dukes! (see above)

5. Rave kids: I realize it's just their way of rebeling and trying to express themselves; but please! Wearing childrens toys, clothes that are 12 sizes too big, sucking on pacifiers and jumping up and down like you are having a conniption doesn't make you look cool; it makes you look stupid.

6. Couples in matching outfits: A prime example of this was a heavyset couple we used to see Swing Dancing every Sunday afternoon: white t-shirts or sweatshirts (always white, no other colors), black spandex pants (yes I said spandex; yes both of them); and the exact same pair of glasses. Not a normal pair of glasses no, but really huge lenses with no frames. Get this, they were held on with fishing wire!!! And matching no less! Shudder!!!

7,8,9,10,11,12....etc...etc...etc...

I once saw a guy wandering the park in a tube top, mini skirt with grimy shoulder length hair. Ok, you say, maybe he's a cross dresser? He also had a full beard, no makeup on, had a cigarette dangling from the corner of his mouth and was wearing tennis shoes! Maybe he lost a bet.

Oh! and the first time I noticed someone dressed innapropriately for Disneyland: 2 couples, probably in their late fifties; dressed to the nines! The guys had on tuxedos, and the women were wearing sequined evening gowns, had shellacked hair-dos, strappy high heels and fur coats! The best part is, they were in line for Materhorn! I saw them again when they got off (we were behind them in line) and the women were pitching a fit to the poor castmembers about how their dresses had gotten wet and their hair was messed up! I mean DUH!!!!

MetalliKitty
01-21-2003, 10:12 PM
*gasp*

You got me, as soon as I saw the title of this one I thought I might be in trouble...well I am partially kidding.
Yes I did wear a vinyl tank top to DLR a few weeks ago but I am about a size four and not prone to anthing falling out of it if you get my drift :eek: (and no dirty bra straps either) and also it was full-torso, not a crop-top.

I will have to be observant next time I visit and find at least one good 'don't' to post.

And if I decide to wear my black parachute pants, maybe I will report myself :D

cemeinke
01-21-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by DisneyGuy03
How about the girls with the shirts that are simply tied on with a method that it basically like a shoe lace, is it just me or does anyone else ever want to go up and simply pull the end of the string to untie it, just to embarass them to death?

There's plenty of others:

Dresiing in "Goth"

Dressing like the characters (under 12 and those that are "on stage" are exempted from this rule, as are those that are there for the Swing Dancing)

Dressing like characters at other parks anr/or non-Disney shows (No one is exempted from this one)

"Punk Style" Hair and/or clothing

Ripped, shredded or otherwise mutilated clothing.

Shorts that are more than two-three (depending on length of your thigh) inches above the knee.

Shoulderless blouses/dresses

Fancy Dresses/Dess Clothes

Bikinis

Sandals without a back strap (Causes many blisters by the end of the night)

Dress Shoes

Knives (You have no idea how many people I have seen walk in with a Knife on thier belt and those people that check the bags don't say anything to them!!! Oh sure, if it's in the bag, you can't bring it in, but if it's hanging on your belt loop, there's no problem with it, I wonder if someone had a Bomb hanging from their belt if they would jsut let them in, or how about a gun? If you have a permit it's legal to carry it, as long as it isn't concealed, at least in many cases.)

The list I am sure goes on, but thats all I have though of so far.

No Goth, No Punk, No exposed shoulders or thighs, No Dress Clothes, or Dress Shoes? - Man I'm glad you're not running the place or we'd all look like we were attending Catholic School - Or is that also Goth?

I propose a ban on Dockers, Levis, Tennis Shoes, and T-Shirts since on the whole that's just too boring.

drjones
01-21-2003, 10:42 PM
how about fringe goth, y'know, the kind of people who are either trying out the goth look for the first time and haven't got it down, or recovering goths like myself who used to wear leather and vinyl . knid of the nine inch nails look.. basically Hot Topic shoppers.

gn2dlnd
01-21-2003, 11:13 PM
If I ever become computer literate, I'll post the pictures of my friend Mike and I as Liz Taylor and Larry Fortensky in the park for Hallowe'en. Mike was Larry, Liz was hungry.

HBTiggerFan
01-21-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by drjones
basically Hot Topic shoppers.

I love Hot Topic!!!!!!!!!! Though I only have a few items from there, one of which would be a fashion don't that I have worn to DL before (a strawberry shortcake tiny strap tank top, with thin bra straps showing). HEY at least I was wearing one!!!!

DisneyGuy03
01-21-2003, 11:30 PM
No Goth, No Punk, No exposed shoulders or thighs, No Dress Clothes, or Dress Shoes? - Man I'm glad you're not running the place or we'd all look like we were attending Catholic School - Or is that also Goth?
No, there's plenty to wear, just use some common sense! It's Disneyland, it's a family park! Note, I never said: "No Tank Tops, spagetti straps, etc (unless you are way overwieght, then that's just disgusting, I saw a few people wearing tank tops that must have been 500 lbs, yuck! Then you definitely need to be wearing a regual T-shirt or something else with sleeves)"

Yes, some of my comments are meant to just be funny on this thread, but most are true, you get to figue out which is which. ;-)

Actually, I find this thread funny, but true in so many ways, there are so many things that people were to the resort that are totally inappropriate.

tiggerandtink
01-22-2003, 12:10 AM
How is it that the biggest no-no hasn't been mentioned yet? That would be the guys with no shirts on. It's not a waterpark! It's not a trailer park! Put the shirt back on, it goes perfect with the way too short cut-offs you're sporting and it really brings out your mullet.

tiggerandtink
01-22-2003, 12:14 AM
Arguement against my own posting:
We were at Animal Kingdom and this guy was walking around with his shirt off and his whole upperbody from his neck to his wrists were covered in tattoos. Tattoos of Disney characters! His legs were done too. That was all he had tattoos of, just Disney, it was actually pretty cool.

HBTiggerFan
01-22-2003, 12:23 AM
I wonder if that is the same guy that David Koenig wrote about in Mouse Tails or More Mouse Tails. Security used to trail him to make sure he kept his shirt on because he loved to show off his "art work".

tiggerandtink
01-22-2003, 12:30 AM
He was very proud and did have a crowd around him. I'm surprised Disney didn't kick him out for using their copyrighted characters without permission:rolleyes: . Myself, I have a Mickey tattoo that I got about 12 years ago (man, getting old) which made me the "bad boy" of the Disney Store I worked at. It really did!

Rallymonkey23
01-22-2003, 12:33 AM
Speaking of Goth. On Goth day 2002 I witnessed a lady dressed in Goth. I have no problem with the Goth look, to each there own. But her butt was half way out her mini skirt. If my kid were to stand behind her in line they couldnt help but to see all of her butt! :eek:

There is a say, "If ya got it, flaunt it." But there are times and places for that. In the womans case above, one place comes to mind. Carson City, Nevada. :~) :D ;)

Klutch
01-22-2003, 05:03 AM
It seems crazy now, but on a Disneyland visit with my family in 1974, my uncle was wearing a Hawaiian shirt unbottoned down to his navel (it was a hot day, but that was typical of my uncle).

As we went through the turnstiles at the front gate, a cast member politely insisted that my uncle button up his shirt.

My, how times have changed!

I find it interesting that the Goth crowd want to look different so they dress like every other Goth. At least they tend to be fully-clothed.

It's a tragic coincidence that skimpy clothes are becoming more popular while Americans are becoming "larger".

MammaSilva
01-22-2003, 05:56 AM
I don't mind the Goth look or even the pleather look, I figure everyone has their own fashion sense, I do mind the exposed look regardless of hottie status or huge status....if "normal" underware should cover it then it should be covered at the park IMHO....by normal undies I'm not even talking grannies but your average bikini undies...and now they have those 'invisible' strap bras, if your figure looks good in a tank invest in a bra that makes you look like you care how you look!

Basically, look in a mirror before you go......ask your Dad/Mom if your outfit is ok...if not IRL then at least mentally KWIM?