PDA

View Full Version : Splash Mountain Pics

Berry Princess
01-21-2003, 12:41 PM
I need a good picture of the log inside. My son would like to see it. I have been searching and only find pics of the old logs and none of the new ones. UGH! I would apperciate it if anyone has a pic or 2 to share of it. Thanks.

Bill Catherall
01-21-2003, 01:00 PM
Here's an article (http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm020527.htm) AVP wrote that has some good pictures of the new logs.

YellowMan
01-21-2003, 01:05 PM
I put up some pictures of the new logs on my site. This page of the gallery (http://www.themeparksource.com/themeparks/disneylandpark/pictures/crittercountry/page02.shtml) has a couple fairly close up shots of the new logs. Hope that this helps.

Berry Princess
01-21-2003, 01:14 PM
Thanks you 2. Does it have anything to hold onto inside anymore or is it just what is in front of you? Sorry I have no clue since I have not gone on it in years. I wanted to know what my son would hold onto. I guess it would be easy for me or my husband to hold his shoulders from how it looks in the pics.

YellowMan
01-21-2003, 01:18 PM
If my memory serves me correct, there are still the metal rails along each side inside the log. Also there are grooves on the seat in front of you that work well for hanging on to.

As for hanging onto your child, my suggestion would be to have your child sit in front of you wearing a backpack backwards (so the pack is sitting on his stomach. When you fell you need to hang on to your child, you can grab the straps and pull on them and they will in turn pull the backpack towards your child and offer a little more of a way to hang on to them. This is what I have done in the past (I have no children of my own, but have taken the little nephews and cousins to Disneyland many times before) and it has worked pretty well. Sort of acts as a bit of a safety harness.

Ghoulish Delight
01-21-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Berry Princess
Thanks you 2. Does it have anything to hold onto inside anymore or is it just what is in front of you? Sorry I have no clue since I have not gone on it in years. I wanted to know what my son would hold onto. I guess it would be easy for me or my husband to hold his shoulders from how it looks in the pics. Yes. Just bellow the "lip", at about seat level, is a metal rail that runs the length of the log that you can hold on to.

HBTiggerFan
01-21-2003, 01:22 PM
there are still the same handrails inside the log and the seat back that is infront of you has little grips to hold on to.

Berry Princess
01-21-2003, 01:30 PM
Thanks guys. I appreciate the pics and answers. I'm going to show him the pictures right now that you guys had links of. Then the next time we go if he wants to ride it he can. I'll have to get a pic from that one too for his first ride.