PDA

View Full Version : Halloween [2009]!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

HauntedKid
09-21-2009, 01:43 PM
Is there any special parade for this season?? Sorry for the question but never been on halloween time before at Disneyland....:eyeroll:

Malcon10t
09-21-2009, 01:49 PM
Is there any special parade for this season?? Sorry for the question but never been on halloween time before at Disneyland....:eyeroll:There is, but it is in DCA during the Trick Or Treat Parties.

HauntedKid
09-21-2009, 02:11 PM
thanx! :)

PlayGirlBunny
09-21-2009, 06:18 PM
Im super excited this is my favorite time of the year that I loved to go to the Disney parks. This year seems to be full of new stuff so Im posting this thread in hopes that any Halloween news, info, pictures, video, merch etc. can be posted here.

I know everything starts this friday 25th.

FaithTrustPixieDust
09-22-2009, 09:08 AM
We're going this Friday so I will post on what it is like when we get home.

dlfansx4
09-22-2009, 09:21 AM
We will be there Friday night also. I would rather not go on the first day, LOL, but it is my birthday so we need to go pick up my gift card anyway. I am dying to try out Space Mountain but I'm sure the fast passes will be gone by the time we get there and we won't wait in line then. We will catch it when we come back another day.

Mark Mywords
09-22-2009, 10:00 AM
We're going 10/22. This will be our 4th year at Halloween Treat. It's always a blast! Disneyland at Halloween is our favorite time to visit!

FaithTrustPixieDust
09-22-2009, 01:36 PM
We will be there Friday night also. I would rather not go on the first day, LOL, but it is my birthday so we need to go pick up my gift card anyway. I am dying to try out Space Mountain but I'm sure the fast passes will be gone by the time we get there and we won't wait in line then. We will catch it when we come back another day.

We can pick up some FP's for you when we get off the ride if you let us know what time you might be getting there & then meet up with you somewhere if you want. Let me know.

The Evil Queen
09-22-2009, 03:31 PM
It wouldn't be the Main Street Electrical Parade, would it? ***wishing, wishing, wishing***

PlayGirlBunny
09-22-2009, 04:11 PM
I can't wait to ride Space Mountain it sounds spooky. I just hope there are no pop ups that freaks me out.

Malcon10t
09-22-2009, 04:41 PM
It wouldn't be the Main Street Electrical Parade, would it? ***wishing, wishing, wishing***Nope, the Halloween parade. My nieces and nephews loved it last year.

TowerofTerror
09-22-2009, 07:37 PM
I hope its gone to be scary Space Galaxy for Space Mountain

princessariel
09-22-2009, 07:52 PM
ok, i kno this doesnt exactly go on this thread, but anyway, does anyone think it'll b busy this sunday? u kno,with all the so cal passholders aand they might want to go sunday and it being the first weekend of the halloween stuff?

mechurchlady
09-22-2009, 09:32 PM
They have a lot of the Halloween layover of Haunted Mansion with Jack sitting there waiting for guests. They have some stuff on the Entrance to Disneyland and they have harvest theming at Frontierland shop, first on left, I saw Daisy in a harvest outfit somewhere, and harvest colored bunting from Main Street windows upstairs on the 21st. It was there also today and somewhere was the characters in pumkins.

The Evil Queen
09-23-2009, 07:31 AM
Nope, the Halloween parade. My nieces and nephews loved it last year.

I'll have to check that out...may YouTube or something. 19 Days! And Counting!:fez:

olegc
09-23-2009, 07:33 AM
Nope, the Halloween parade. My nieces and nephews loved it last year.

is it really a parade, or a cavalcade (smaller and only a few characters). Also, is it done during the day? I thought it was only done during Mickey's Halloween Treat - which is a separate ticketed event.

cstephens
09-23-2009, 07:39 AM
is it really a parade, or a cavalcade (smaller and only a few characters). Also, is it done during the day? I thought it was only done during Mickey's Halloween Treat - which is a separate ticketed event.

She did say it was during the party.

There is, but it is in DCA during the Trick Or Treat Parties.

I saw it the first year they had the parade. For me, a cavalcade only has one or two floats. This had more, and there were a ton of characters, lots of singing, but I guess it doesn't really matter what you call it.

Here's the video I took of it in 2007. (http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/MHT07/mht07-01.wmv)

dlfansx4
09-23-2009, 09:23 AM
We can pick up some FP's for you when we get off the ride if you let us know what time you might be getting there & then meet up with you somewhere if you want. Let me know.

Thank you so much for the offer - I really appreciate that. I would love to take you up on it but we don't actually know what time we will be able to get there that night (and I would feel awful if we messed up your evening because we couldn't meet up with you on time. Plus I hate to tie up one set of fastpasses for you also). But it would be nice to meet more MPers. I never seem to be able to be there at the right time to meet people.

We figured it would be crowded so we told the kids that our only goal that night was to see Fantasmic (and maybe catch a glimpse of the new fireworks). We will be back a few times during the Halloweentime period so we will get to ride Space soon.

But again - thank you so much for the offer. That is what I love about this board. People are so willing to help one another. It is awesome :-)

Hannahbelle
09-23-2009, 12:06 PM
Hello all,
Im going to DL for a day trip on Halloween. I would like to see the fireworks AND Fantasmic since I haven't seen Murphy yet.

Can anyone suggest the best way to do this?

Heres what I was thinking and maybe someone can tell me their input if I'm "off".

option A: See the fireworks because it is a special show and I will never get the chance again. I can see Murphy next time.

option B: Get PS for Fantasmic for first show and watch fireworks from ROA, but miss seeing the dog fly most likely and the special effects on the castle.

option C: Same as A, BUT get PS for the late Fantasmic show. (You think this can be done? Will the crowds be too bad and prevent us from walking over there?)

Any opinions?

HauntedKid
09-23-2009, 01:10 PM
Hello all,
Im going to DL for a day trip on Halloween. I would like to see the fireworks AND Fantasmic since I haven't seen Murphy yet.

Can anyone suggest the best way to do this?

Heres what I was thinking and maybe someone can tell me their input if I'm "off".

option A: See the fireworks because it is a special show and I will never get the chance again. I can see Murphy next time.

option B: Get PS for Fantasmic for first show and watch fireworks from ROA, but miss seeing the dog fly most likely and the special effects on the castle.

option C: Same as A, BUT get PS for the late Fantasmic show. (You think this can be done? Will the crowds be too bad and prevent us from walking over there?)

Any opinions?

Well, with previous shows...like when there was "magical" , we saw the fireworks show, and the inmediately run to ROA to catch fantasmic, thats what I do in one day trips, I try to get the most of the park, of course, maybe you`ll catch Fantasmic! standing up, but since I am a tall person I dont mind...hehehe, it`s all up to you...but you can do both, thats for sure... :)

PlayGirlBunny
09-23-2009, 01:18 PM
They have a lot of the Halloween layover of Haunted Mansion with Jack sitting there waiting for guests. They have some stuff on the Entrance to Disneyland and they have harvest theming at Frontierland shop, first on left, I saw Daisy in a harvest outfit somewhere, and harvest colored bunting from Main Street windows upstairs on the 21st. It was there also today and somewhere was the characters in pumkins.

I love the nightmare berfore xmas theme I ride the Haunted Mansion ride like a million times :) I love scary teddy.

DisneylandDad
09-23-2009, 01:23 PM
Hannahbelle

If you want to see as much of both shows as you can, with the special effects. I would see the FW from near the hub someplace. Once the show starts in a few days I am sure people will post the best places to see it from.

I would do the later Fantasmic after seeing the fireworks and if you can swing it, I would do the priority seating as it is probably going to be pretty busy. I may be wrong though.
Other people who have gone on Halloween may have better guesses about how busy the actual date may be. We are going to do the late Fantasmic seating on Halloween, assuming I can get seats when that 30 day window opens up in a few days.

Malcon10t
09-23-2009, 01:37 PM

Any opinions?This is the option we do most often. After check in, we get seats for the fireworks in front of the castle. Then when the fireworks are over, we SLOWLY head towards Frontierland. Usually, there is a delay while they clear out NOS and reopen the entry, but just wait it out and relax. Slowly make your way around to the seating area. We have always made it there by 10pm without problems. BUT, it does get crowded during the walk. Hang onto small children, those big enough to know the way, just make a meeting point.

MuckaMowie
09-23-2009, 05:35 PM
I just got back from the park (whew. . .102 degrees!) intending to see if there was a soft opening for the Halloween layover for SM. I talked with the CM at the Q and he said that "CM previews and soft opening" is supposed to be tomorrow. He also said only the Q needs to be tweeked before the opening and that they were in the process of finishing that part. He also said that there is scary music and sort of a haunted light show of some kind that has been added, and that it is supposed to be pretty scary. Anyone know anything else? I'd hate to wait until Friday when the crowds will be there. Anyone going tomorrow?

TXMouseFan
09-23-2009, 06:02 PM
This is probably a stupid question, but I've looked for this info and haven't found it. What time do the fireworks start and what days do they normally do them? Also where is the best place to watch them from? Seems like when I was there in 2000 that they showed them every night at 9, but it's been 9 years so I'm sure there have been some changes.