PDA

View Full Version : What would you imagineer?

Teddi
09-18-2009, 08:31 PM
There's three things that just in my perfect disney world I would like to change/add... what are you *great* ideas?

The Pier in DCA. I never have understood why they had all that huge space taken up by a big manmade lake/grotto/pier/waterfront~water thing~. Don't get me wrong, I like the water and it's pretty, but it's unused (ok so now the world of color thing will use it). But I always thought it would be great to have the water be an attraction... or cool to have something like a mini-Neverland island out there... that you'd have to hop a ride in a "Steamboat Willie" to get to. Heck, even paddle boats would be something!

Also, bring back the stage shows at the former Fantasy Theatre. Such a big venue, able to accommodate a large amount of people. I hate to see it going unused.

So I was thinking what could go on the old People Mover track? Think future and think Disney. Wall-E sprung to my mind, remember the "lounge chairs" on the ship? Wouldn't those be awesome? A huge continual track like PM used to be (or even the HM carriages). Make them oversize, big enough to seat two people, and we could all have little TV touch-screens on the side to watch as we were "strolling" along. I like 3D and all, but since the Star Tours is going to be 3D, I could pass on that, but the ride could be telling a story- helping Wall-E do something - or something all environmentally friendly based on Buy n Large... but the screen could be interactive where you have to answer questions/games based on stuff going on in the ride.

Ok, someone else's turn.

zombie pirate
09-18-2009, 09:11 PM
Bulldoze DCA, extend, and make new lands for Disneyland.

TowerofTerror
09-19-2009, 04:07 PM
Keep making DCA a better theme park by adding more attractions

sleepyjeff
09-21-2009, 11:03 PM
Well, I don't know about imagineering but I do know what I'd love to see in a not-too-distant guide book:

MAIN ST. USA:

ATTRACTIONS---

DISNEYLAND RAILROAD...All aboard an old-fashioned steam train for a grand circle tour of Disneyland and a visit to the Man Looks to the Stars and USA Lands on Moon Dioramas. {D}
MAIN ST. VEHICLES---Fire engine, Horseless Carriage, St. Cars, or Omnibus from one end of Main St. to the other. {A}
THE WALT DISNEY STORY FEATURING GREAT MOMENTS WITH MR. LINCOLN---Browse through a display showcasing Disney awards, memorabillia and Walts personal offices and then view an audio-animatronic tribute to our 16th President. {Free}
MAIN ST. CINEMA---Enjoy great Disney shorts from the silent era. {B}
PENNY ARCADE---A room full of fun for a penny, nickel, dime or quarter.
-----------------------------------------------------
DINING---

THE AMERICAN EGG HOUSE---Presented by the American Egg Board---Omelets, Big Salads, Giant sized Sandwiches and other specialties. Dine alfresco in a quiet corner of Town Square. Table Service, Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner.
BLUE RIBBON BAKERY---Baked good, sandwiches and drinks.
CARNATION CAFE---Breakfast, sandwiches, gourmet coffees and ice cream. Table Service, Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner.
GIBSON GIRL ICE CREAM PARLOR---Dreyer's Ice Cream.
MAIN ST. CONE SHOP---Hosted by Dreyer's.
PLAZA INN---A variety of hot entrees and sandwiches, salads and deserts featuring home style favorites. Table Service, Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner.
ROSE'S---Friend Chicken, roast pork, old-fashioned beef stew, spagheti, hot sandwiches, salads, deserts and hot and cold beverages. Buffeteria, Lunch/Dinner.
CARNATION PLAZA GARDENS---Cold chicken, potato salad, PB&J sandwiches served in picnic baskets.
REFRESHMENT CORNER---Coca-cola, foot long hot dogs(and junior dogs too), and assorted snacks.

---------------------------------------------------------------

ADVENTURELAND:

ATTRACTIONS---

ENCHANTED TIKI ROOM---Take part in a musical luau where the birds, flowers and tropical tikis entertain. {C}
JUNGLE CRUISE---Board an explorer's launch to venture down dangerous tropical rivers and penatrate the jungle. {D}
SWISS FAMILY TREE HOUSE---The Swiss family Robinson have come home. Explore the tree-top residence built by the ingenious ship-wrecked family. {B}
INDIANA JONES ADVENTURE---Help Indy explore the Temple of the Forbidden Eye. {E}
----------------------------------------------------------------
DINING---

BENGAL BARBECUE---BBQ Kabobs, hot and cold beverages.
TIKI JUICE BAR---Hosted by Dole.
TAHITIAN TERRACE---Polynesian specialties including Teriyaki steak, seafood specialties and exotic salads and deserts....live polynesian show. Table Service, Lunch/Dinner.
------------------------------------------------------------------
NEW ORLEANS SQUARE:

ATTRACTIONS---

PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN---Sail with a motley crew for the wildest adventure ever to rock the Spanish Main. {E}
HAUNTED MANSION---Join the 999 Happy Haunts, just try not to be number 1,000. {E}
DISNEYLAND RAILROAD---Disembark at Toon Town, Tomorrowland, Main St. or ride round trip. {D}
-----------------------------------------------------------------
DINING---

ROYAL ST. VERANDAH---Chowder and gumbo in bread bowls, fritters, frozen bananas and fruit beverages.
CAFE ORLEANS---Salads, sandwiches, soups and other cajun specialties. Table Service, Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner.
THE BLUE BAYOU---Seafood, chicken, beef entrees. Monte Cristo Sandwiches salads and deserts. Dine by starlight on an intimate, romantic patio. Table Service, Lunch/Dinner.
THE FRENCH MARKET---Munch on Southern Style entrees while listening to live Jazz. Buffeteria, Lunch/Dinner.
LE PETITE PATISERIE---Boxed meals, sandwiches, chowders and deserts served out of a tiny window.
MINT JULEP BAR---Fritters, ice cream bars, mint juleps and lemonade.

------------------------------------------------------- 

CRITTER COUNTRY:

ATTRACTIONS---

DAVY CROCKETS EXPLORER CANOES---Paddle your own canoe on the Rivers of America with an explorer scout. {D}
COUNTRY BEAR MT.---Race to the top of Critter Countries newest peak and back down again with the musical encouragement of its' 18 un-bear-ably funny bear-itones. {E}
SPLASH MT.---Join Brer Rabbit, Brer Fox and Brer Bear for a zip-a-dee-do-dah adventure. {E}
DINING---

HUNGRY BEAR RESTAURANT---Hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken filets, salads and deserts.
HARBOUR GALLEY---Clam Chowder, snacks and beverages.
---------------------------------------------------------
FRONTIERLAND:

ATTRACTIONS---

BIG THUNDER MT. RAILROAD---Ride out the storm on this runaway mine train. {E}
MARK TWAIN STEAMBOAT---Board a steam powered sternwheeler and cruise the Rivers of America back to the era when Cotton was King. {C}
SAILING SHIP COLUMBIA---Cruise on a replica of the first American ship to circle the globe. {C}
RAFTS TO TOM SAWYER ISLAND---Explore Tom Sawyer Islands hidden caves, rickety bridges and newly rebuilt Fort Wilderness. {C}
FRONTIERLAND KEEL BOATS---Survey the wilds of the frontier on this one way boat trip to Mystery Bay...watch out for geysers. {D}
DINING---

RANCHO DEL ZOCALO RESTAURANT---Mexican Specialties, deserts and beverages.
GOLDEN HORSESHOE REVUE---Silver Dollar Hamburgers, Contest Chili(5 tiny cup sampler or choose your favorite for a large bowl), BBQ sandwiches, deserts and beverages.....live show. Table Service, Lunch/Dinner.
STAGE DOOR CAFE---Chili, Hamburgers, snacks and beverages.
WHEELHOUSE---Soft Ice Cream and beverages.
RIVER BELLE TERRACE---Bacon and eggs, Mickey Mouse Pancakes and Waffles, homestyle lunch and dinner entrees. Buffeteria, Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner.
FORT WILDERNESS SNACK BAR---Apple Cider, snacks, sandwiches and refreshments on Tom Sawyer Island.
------------------------------------------------------ 
MYSTERY BAY:

ATTRACTIONS---

20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA---Explore the depths of the ocean victorian style. {E}
JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH---Drill your way into the Earths Crust where it is the thinnest....Mt. Prometheus. {E}
MYSTERY BAY KEEL BOATS---One way journey to the wilds of the Frontier....watch out for scratching bears. {D}
NAUTILUS---Captain Nemo's famous Submarine is docked at the Mystery Bay Marina.....take a self guided walking tour but be careful not to touch anything. {B}
ISLAND AT THE TOP OF THE WORLD---Take an epic journey to the North Pole. {E}
---------------------------------------------------------------
DINING---

VULCANIA---Dine inside a throbbing volcano on seafood and vegatarian specialties including Eggplant Alfredo. Table Service, Lunch/Dinner.
BAY VIEW RESTAURANT---Turkey Dijon, Almond encrusted Halibut, Salmon Burgers, shrimp salads, and Jello Deserts. Buffeteria, Lunch/Dinner.
REFRESHMENT STATION---Gyoza, bento, rice, green tea and other beverages.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

FANTASYLAND:

ATTRACTIONS---

SLEEPING BEAUTY CASTLE---Diorama scenes inside the castle tell the story of Sleeping Beauty. {A}
DUMBO FLYING ELEPHANT---{C}
MAD TEA PARTY---{C}
KING ARTHUR CARROUSEL---Ride one of 72 prancing white steeds. {A}
PETER PAN FLIGHT---Fly over moonlit London to Never-Never Land aboard a pirate galleon. {D}
MR TOADS WILD RIDE---Joyride from Toad Hall to Old London. {C}
ALICE IN WONDERLAND---Re-live the fantastic adventures of Alice. {C}
MATTERHORN BOBSLEDS---Race thru icy caverns towards an encounter with the abominiable snowman. {E}
BEAUTY AND THE BEAST---Sit down and enjoy songs from the classic movie sung to you by enchanted candlesticks, dishes, clocks, and many others. {E}
THE RESCUERS---Board an Evanrude powered leaf to help Bianca and Bernard rescue Penny...watch out for angry alligators. {D}
IT'S A SMALL WORLD---Join children from around the world for the happiest cruise that ever sailed. {D}
HERCULES---Join Herc and friends as he goes from zero to hero in this Monster sized stage show. {Free}
STORYBOOK LAND CANAL BOATS---View miniature world of Classic Fairy Tales. {D}
CASEY JR. CIRCUS TRAIN---Hop aboard the little train who could for a journey around storybook land. {C}
SKYWAY TO TOMORROWLAND---One way journey thru the Matterhorn for an aerial view of Disneyland. {C}
PINNOCHIO'S DARING JOURNEY---Journey to Pleasure Island and back home. {C}
SNOW WHITES SCARY ADVENTURES---Travel to the dark forest and the dwarves diamond mine. {C}
--------------------------------------------------------
DINING---

VILLAGE HAUS RESTAURANT---German and Northern Italian specialties. Table Service, Lunch/Dinner.
HERCS HERO SANDWICHES---Giant sized Hero Sandwiches...big enough to split 3 ways; snacks and beverages.
CAPTAIN HOOKS PIRATE SHIP GALLEY---Grilled Sandwiches; Tinkerbells Tuna salad, Lost Boys Ham & Cheese, Peter Pan's PB&J, and Hooks Grilled Alligator Sandwich. Eat on Skull Rock Patio or Rescuer View Patio.
---------------------------------------------- 

TOONTOWN:

ATTRACTIONS---

DISNEYLAND RAILROAD---Round trip or stop off at Tomorrowland, Main St. or Frontierland station. {D}
DONALDS BOAT---{Free}
MICKEY AND THE BEANSTALK---Join Mickey, Donald and Goofy for a trip up the Beanstalk to rescue the Golden Harp. {E}
ROGER RABBITS CARTOON SPIN---{D}
--------------------------------------------------
DINING---

PLUTOS DOG HOUSE---Hot dogs, ice cream and beverages and more.

--------------------------------------------------------

TOMORROWLAND:

ATTRACTIONS---

ASTRO ORBITER---At the entrance to tomorrowland take off for a flight among the planets and stars. {C}
STAR TOURS---Choose between 3 different destinations. {E}
STARCADE---2 whole floors of Out-of-the-World arcade games that you can only find here at Disneyland.
SPACE MT.---Penetrate super space. {E}
MAGIC EYE THEATER PRESENTS ---INNERSPACE---Welcome aboard the bridge of the first Innerspace Ship. {Free}
HORRIZONS---Board a carrousel theater trip into the future of family living. Be it in an urban apartment, an undersea ranchhouse or a condo on the moon. {FREE}
SKYWAY---One way trip over Tomorrowland to Fantasyland. {C}
AUTOPIA---Skilled drivers take the wheel for a scenic drive. {C}
SUBMARINE VOYAGE---Underwater adventure. {D}
DISNEYLAND MONORAIL---One way trip to either the Grand Californian Hotel or Downtown Disney. {Free}
BUZZ LIGHTYEAR ASTRO BLASTERS---Help Buzz rid the Galaxy of the evil emperor. {C}
FLYING SAUCERS---Crash and bump your way around a Tomorrowland rooftop. {B}
ROCKET JETS---High above all of Tomorrowland race to the stars. {D}
PEOPLEMOVER---Take a leisurely tour of the world of Tomorrow aboard your high tech Personal Rapid Transit vehicle. {D}
--------------------------------------------------
DINING---

JUPITER VIEW DINER---Crunch on Martian Cakes and Neptune Sliders at the most popular space-truck stop outside the asteriod belt. Every table has an awesome view of the planet Jupiter below. Table Service, Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner.
TOMORROWLAND TERRACE---Breakfast, sandwiches, burgers, and more.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Teddi
09-22-2009, 11:06 AM
There used to be an American Egg house right? That sounds so yummy. I was so disappointed to find out that they don't have "real eggs in disneyland".

TAHITIAN TERRACE---Polynesian specialties including Teriyaki steak, seafood specialties and exotic salads and deserts....live polynesian show. Table Service, Lunch/Dinner.

There used to be one right? And then they converted it to the Aladdin's Oasis, when it used to be a dinner show? I liked that dinner show alot, I wish they would bring it back!

sleepyjeff
09-22-2009, 12:49 PM
There used to be an American Egg house right?

It was....they had this tomato and cheese omelete that is indescribeable.

There used to be one right? And then they converted it to the Aladdin's Oasis, when it used to be a dinner show? I liked that dinner show alot, I wish they would bring it back!

Maybe someday.....with the right sponsor.

Bob Weaver
09-22-2009, 10:58 PM
Sleepyjeff - sounds nice but not perfect unless you work the Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland and the Adventure Thru Inner Space back into it. Those are prority #1. I would also restore the Carousel of Progress and America the Beautiful. And of course the PeopleMover would be up and running already.

I would do an E-ticket-level attraction in Fantasyland with scenes from Fantasia and using the Omnimover system. That film deserves more than just Fantasmic, it deserves a permanent ride-through attraction.

I would do a walk-through playground in Toontown themed to The Jungle Book in place of the bounce house thing, as they won't let me re-theme the Jungle Cruise.

I would do Journey to Axiom, a thrill ride with a social/environmental message about consumerism and garbage, based on WALL-E, in Tomorrowland in place of Redd Rocket's Pizza Port and extending backstage as far as necessary.

I would get rid of the boring Abominable Snowman and re-theme one side of the Matterhorn Bobsleds to Cool Runnings.

I would move the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh over to Fantasyland and put in an E-ticket-quality attraction where Pooh is now, based on The Lion King. Part outdoor and part indoor.

I would put in a new combination show/restaurant based on Ratatouille, but not sure where, possibly Toontown. There would be continuously running cartoons and animatronic shows every 15 minutes.

I would have a walk-through mystery attraction based on Disney's National Treasure films. Guests would have to solve a historical mystery based on clues they spot along the way. This would probably have to be entered from Main Street and extend into the backstage area east of Main Street.

I would reinstate the 2 separate tracks at Autopia and have them running in opposite directions, so that you pass other guests going the other way. Some cars would be styled after Herbie the Love Bug, some cars after Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

I would have a permanent show based on Mary Poppins in the area of the old Fantasyland Theater. Live actors would perform the key roles. "Chim Chim Cheree" is one of Disney's greatest songs and would be featured. At the end, Mary Poppins would lift up with her umbrella and fly over the audience.

Bedknobs and Broomsticks would be a new dark ride with sophisticated special effects, but I don't know where to fit that in. Running out of room. But that's probably the ideal movie to base a high-tech dark ride on.

I would get rid of all holiday overlays. Haunted Mansion is fine just as it is. I would allow Christmas music to replace the "It's a Small World" song during December though.

I would have a monorail station in DCA.

I would rebuild the old Fireworks Factory restaurant from Walt Disney World somewhere in one of the Anaheim parks. And that neat "drive-in" restaurant they have there too, not sure what it's called, the one that shows old 1950s monster movies and all tables face the screens.

Bob Weaver
09-23-2009, 06:03 AM
I see Mary Poppins as a show with live performers, rather than a ride-through attraction. A new theater will be built in the general area of Videopolis. The exterior of the theater would look like the white house seen in the movie.

The entry and waiting area will have sidewalk artists as in the movie, but with the sophisticated chalk artists now in practice around the world that produce startlingly realistic scenes that appear three-dimensional.

The rest of the waiting area will be landscaped with plenty of shade trees and benches, and guests will be allowed to purchase a handful of bird seed for two pennies, then scatter the seed in a special feeding area.

The interior of the building would be nominally designed as the interior of the house, but the stage will be changeable to fit various scenes, such as "Chim Chim Cheree" danced on the rooftops of London. Mirrors will be used to simulate the tea party on the ceiling scene.

There will be 400 seats in the theater, in 20 rows of 20, with an aisle in the middle. The seats will be divided into 8 sections with color-coded seats, for the purpose of audience participation.

Live actors will appear in all singing roles, with live microphones - no lip syncing. The accompanying music will be pre-recorded, but the sound system will be state of the art.

The entrance of Mary Poppins will be of course by umbrella, and the show will be an abridged version of the movie with six songs. Supertitles will be shown above the stage and the audience will be encouraged to sing along with every song. Songs included will be:

"Jolly Holiday"
"Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" - this will be done as an audience participation song, dividing the audience into 8 sections, each one singing a brief syllable or phrase, i.e., "Super" "cali" "fragi" "listic" "expi" "ali" "do" and "cious." The rest of the lyrics are sung by all audience members. The song will start slow but each chorus will get faster than the previous one.
"Feed the Birds"
"Let's Go Fly a Kite" - kites used by the actors will fly above the audience
"A Spoonful of Sugar"
"Chim Chim Cheree" - show-stopping song and choreographed dance number with chimney sweeps

In the final scene, a repise of "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious," Mary opens her umbrella and flies over the audience before making her exit. The theater will have to be designed and built specifically with this purpose in mind. The actress playing Mary will of course have to be willing to perform the stunt.

When the show has concluded, the audience exits through doors on the right and walks through a gift shop. The gift shop of course sells umbrellas, chimney sweepers, and sidewalk chalk. The gift shop exits into Mickey's Toontown.

The show will last 45 minutes and will start every 90 minutes, with a total of 8 shows per day. Guests can buy reserved seat tickets to any show that day. The price for a reserved seat ticket is $5 per person, no matter what age. Even a baby in a stroller requires a $5 charge if they want a reserved ticket. There is no queue for reserved seat ticket holders, just the waiting area described before.

Guests who wish to see the show on a standby basis do not have to purchase a ticket, they can see the show for free, but they have to wait in a queue. Each performance starts with 400 available seats, but as tickets sell for them, the number of available standby seats is reduced. A lighted screen near the standby queue displays the number of available standby seats, and is updated continuously as tickets sell. The queue has numbers on the ground, and if everyone in the queue is standing properly on a number, then guests will be able to know if they will be allowed in as standby guests for the next show. Standby guests will have to take the seats they are directed to by cast members. The standby queue will be for the next performance only, in other words guests cannot stand there and wait for another show beyond the next performance.

Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke will be special guests at the grand opening of this attraction, and will even perform one benefit performance of the show themselves, though the vocal parts will be specially arranged for them to suit their current needs. Julie Andrews will not be required to perform the flying stunts and a body double will be available for those. Tickets to the benefit performance will be $500 per person, sold in advance, and the $200,000 net proceeds will be divided evenly between Julie Andrews' next facelift choice of charity and Dick Van Dyke's drinking habits choice of charity.

Since the theater is designed with a London theme, and with the ability to make an actor "fly" inside the theater, the same facility could be used for a live Peter Pan show, using songs from the 1953 animated film.

IllusionOfLife
09-23-2009, 10:21 AM
There are a few hypothetical attractions that my dad and I have been imagineering, just for fun. However, I'm not going to go into detail because if we can flesh out the ideas enough we have a contact in Imagineering that we might just pass our ideas along to ;)

darph nader
09-23-2009, 11:19 AM
There are a few hypothetical attractions that my dad and I have been imagineering, just for fun. However, I'm not going to go into detail because if we can flesh out the ideas enough we have a contact in Imagineering that we might just pass our ideas along to ;)

If you pull it off,document 'everything'. I'm sure you'll get the old "Thank you for your submission,but at this time we are not considering any outside ideas" Fast forward 3-4yrs,"A new ride has been conceived for (insert land here)"
Yeah,,,like that has never happened before. :rolleyes:
(I had an ex-boss who notorious for this) :mad:

Hannahbelle
09-23-2009, 12:21 PM
Also, bring back the stage shows at the former Fantasy Theatre. Such a big venue, able to accommodate a large amount of people. I hate to see it going unused.

I agree 100%!

njdrummer
09-23-2009, 05:11 PM
A few more rides with the sensation of flying, ala: Peter Pan, Soarin...

shamoney
09-24-2009, 08:54 AM
Wow! You have GREAT idea....I would love to see this idea turn into a reality. I love Mary Poppins and think the movie should be represented in the park. Very well thought out, I might add.

MaraMouse
09-24-2009, 03:41 PM
I really love the whole idea of somehow incorporating WALL-E and the People Mover in Tomorrowland..

How about re-vamping the People Mover cars into some WALL-E themed vehicle, with as mentioned, some type of screen in each vehicle so that WALL-E could be sort of a tour guide (like in the monsters inc ride)

I can hear WALL-E already while riding along the track, reacting to the different sites (ooooOOOOooooo, ahhhhhhhhhhh) then even a giggle from Eve.

It's simple, doesn't seem too expensive, and WALL-E fits the bill, only question left is... why NOT? I wonder what else could be added to some of the blank spots of the ride, speakers and flashing lights overhead announcing the Axioms departure? Or skip the classic ride formula of having some type of dilemma then happy ending, and just keeping it a leisurely ride?

What do you guys think?

sjhanksaz
09-24-2009, 04:14 PM
A few more rides with the sensation of flying, ala: Peter Pan, Soarin...

Can say Magic carpet ride?

sjhanksaz
09-24-2009, 04:15 PM
I really love the whole idea of somehow incorporating WALL-E and the People Mover in Tomorrowland..

How about re-vamping the People Mover cars into some WALL-E themed vehicle, with as mentioned, some type of screen in each vehicle so that WALL-E could be sort of a tour guide (like in the monsters inc ride)

I can hear WALL-E already while riding along the track, reacting to the different sites (ooooOOOOooooo, ahhhhhhhhhhh) then even a giggle from Eve.

It's simple, doesn't seem too expensive, and WALL-E fits the bill, only question left is... why NOT? I wonder what else could be added to some of the blank spots of the ride, speakers and flashing lights overhead announcing the Axioms departure? Or skip the classic ride formula of having some type of dilemma then happy ending, and just keeping it a leisurely ride?

What do you guys think?

Sounds like fun - I would love to fly around propelled by a fire extingisher.