PDA

View Full Version : What attraction from another Disney park do you want to see duplicated at DL/DCA?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Bob Weaver
09-18-2009, 04:18 PM
Which attraction, whether it's a ride, show, exhibit, parade, restaurant, or anything, which is at another Disney park but not in Anaheim, do you most want to see duplicated at either Disneyland or DCA?

Sesameguy
09-18-2009, 05:27 PM
I never got to see the "Mickey Mouse Revue" on my trip to Disney World. I understand it is now in Tokyo Disneyland, and I'd love to see it in either Disneyland or DCA. I've peeked on YouTube to see clips from the Tokyo version and it looks like a lot of fun.

mechurchlady
09-18-2009, 07:35 PM
Everything ins WDW, Euro Disney, and Tokyo, lol.

Brown Derby, Garden Grill, and Coral Reef restaurants

Test Track, Tarzan's closed show, Pocohontas closed show, Dinosaur, Mickey's Philharmonic, Tower of Terror, Horizons which is closed, the figment ride, and their monorails.

Bring over here the Grand Floridian and the Dixie Landings resorts, please.

I want to ride the monorail there.

Give me time to think about other parks but those I want so much.

quackinup
09-18-2009, 07:42 PM
I'd love Mission: SPACE, but would probably ride it too much and make myself sick.

Rufus T Firefly
09-18-2009, 07:44 PM
I think Mickey's PhilharMagic would be a perfect fit for Toon Town.

AZ Disney Lover
09-18-2009, 09:41 PM
We stayed in the Grand Floridian in March and it is awesome. Usually though we stay in Dixie Landings - love the boats that go back and forth to Downtown Disney.

Downtown Disney Marketplace - love Ghirardelli's Soda Fountain, Cap'n Jack's and the little cart by the water that sells margaritas! As for shopping in the Marketplace - Disney's Days of Christmas, Mickey's Pantry and TrenD pops in my mind as shops I enjoy. Love the Hall of Presidents in the Magic Kingdom. Will be thinking ...

AZ Disney Lover
09-18-2009, 09:44 PM
Had a ton of fun at Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach with our twins over the years but I don't think a huge waterpark would be a good fit at Disneyland.

sendkeys
09-18-2009, 11:08 PM
Had a ton of fun at Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach with our twins over the years but I don't think a huge waterpark would be a good fit at Disneyland.

I agree a water park would be great. Over all last year when we went to wdw only ride that as better was Tower of Terror. Everything else wasn't as good.

olegc
09-19-2009, 06:08 AM
oh, pick one of about half of the attractions at Tokyo DisneySEA. Center of the earth is great from all of the pix. The difference, though, is you can't just plop an attraction down into another park. might as well all be soundstages then and no immersive themeing. The cool thing about TDS is the entire environment and the way the locals just keep it that way - no mess, no lock downs or bars, etc. - it really puts you in that space and time...

Niwel
09-19-2009, 07:08 AM
For DCA ... three words: Great Movie Ride

disneyFREAK242
09-19-2009, 08:59 AM
Well, I'd say Test Track, but with the Radiator Springs Racers coming soon, i would pick another one like Mission Space, or Expedition Everest... or either of Disney World's Water parks... That would be so fun!

Wkr3kt
09-19-2009, 09:08 AM
The Coral Reef Restaurant from EPCOT - it's a gorgeous seafood restaurant looking at a huge aquarium. It is also where I got engaged with divers in the aquarium swimming by with a banner saying "Katy, will you marry me!"

olegc
09-19-2009, 10:17 AM

three more words - not enough room...

unless someone wants to suggest they dump the DVC units they just built ;-).. I don't even think Stage 17 is big enough to house that ride..

GoofyLou
09-19-2009, 11:09 AM
Not a ride but i do love the walkways down the back of main st usa in paris - and yes i know due to deisgn of DL it cannot be done!

virtualdrew
09-19-2009, 11:55 AM
Pooh's Hunny Hunt!

It's so much better than DLR's pooh ride

mechurchlady
09-19-2009, 01:29 PM
Totally agree with that and that would be my top attraction that I have been on at WDW but for ones I have not ridden it would be Test Track.

kfreak
09-19-2009, 02:11 PM
I would say Mission: Space. It looks cool even to me as an adult.

TowerofTerror
09-19-2009, 02:22 PM
I would say bring Test Track over to DCA. I have never been on the ride but it look very fun.

MouseVII
09-19-2009, 03:16 PM
I would say the monorail, Test Track, and the Lights, Motors, Action stunt show.

Bytebear
09-19-2009, 03:57 PM
I would say Mission Space, The Great Movie Ride, but I also would love to have the Epcot World Showcase where you can sample food and drink from different lands.

D15
09-19-2009, 07:59 PM
oh, pick one of about half of the attractions at Tokyo DisneySEA. Center of the earth is great from all of the pix. The difference, though, is you can't just plop an attraction down into another park. might as well all be soundstages then and no immersive themeing. The cool thing about TDS is the entire environment and the way the locals just keep it that way - no mess, no lock downs or bars, etc. - it really puts you in that space and time...

I was going to say the exact same thing- TDR has some amazing rides, but to just pick one out because it is amazing and stick it somewhere random, they work because of their immersive experience.

wdwguy
09-20-2009, 09:22 AM
I would love the Polynesian's Ohana to be dropped down into Adventureland at DL. MMM... Dinner at Ohana, then relax with the Tiki Birds.

oregontraveler
09-20-2009, 10:23 AM
Based off space limitations: Tomorrowland Transit Authority. If you could somehow re-arrange Mickey & Minnie's House & the coaster in Toontown. PhilHarmagic would be a great fit there. I love the idea of Great Movie Ride in DCA, but where would you put it. Finally, I hope TPTB will put the Sci-Fi Dine Restaurant in CarsLand back on the drawing board.

Almost forgot, bring Fantallusion out of storage, a wonderful nighttime parade
:)

EmmasMom
09-20-2009, 03:23 PM
Alice's Curious Labyrinth from Paris...

with the Queen of hearts popping up and screaming "Off with her head" in French

Bytebear
09-20-2009, 06:52 PM

I agree a water park would be great. Over all last year when we went to wdw only ride that as better was Tower of Terror. Everything else wasn't as good.

I really would love to see Disney buy Sea World San Diego. They could put a big water park there easily.

We did go to Knott's Soak City this weekend. It was fun, not quite as big as Wild Rivers in Irvine, but had a great lazy river and an awesome raft funnel ride. There is also Magic Mountain's water park as well as Raging Waters, so there are plenty of parks to choose from in the area.