PDA

View Full Version : What attraction would you want to work at?

Pages : [1] 2

Bob Weaver
09-17-2009, 07:04 PM
For me, the Skyway to Tomorrowland, because I always loved the Alpine Chalet area with the trees. It was quiet and beautiful and had a view of Fantasyland. What ride or attraction would you want to be a cast member of and work at (past or current)?

twindaddy
09-17-2009, 07:41 PM
For me, the Skyway to Tomorrowland, because I always loved the Alpine Chalet area with the trees. It was quiet and beautiful and had a view of Fantasyland. What ride or attraction would you want to be a cast member of and work at (past or current)?

HISTA. Then again, it might be a lonely job.

Without a doubt, the Railroad. I love trains, so getting paid to ride them all day would be about as good as it gets.

TowerofTerror
09-17-2009, 08:26 PM
Space Mountain at Disneyland and like my screename TowerofTerror at DCA

magicmanfrank
09-17-2009, 09:01 PM
I would work at the Magic Shop on Main Street and show the Disney folks just how a good Magic Shop should be run!!! :D

=Frank=

bennette
09-17-2009, 09:24 PM
If I was better at off the cuff comedy, I would want to be the handler for PUSH the talking trashcan. I love PUSH and I love watching him surprise and interact with guests.

Sesameguy
09-17-2009, 09:26 PM
I would work at the Magic Shop on Main Street and show the Disney folks just how a good Magic Shop should be run!!! :D

=Frank=

Sounds cool! The "trick" (sorry about that) would be to put on a good show in that rather limited space, and also being able to answer questions, etc.

Sesameguy
09-17-2009, 09:29 PM
If I was better at off the cuff comedy, I would want to be the handler for PUSH the talking trashcan. I love PUSH and I love watching him surprise and interact with guests.

That would be fun! I've only seen PUSH in Youtube clips, but it seems like a great gig. I'm guessing his handlers are required to take some classes on how to drive a trashcan. :)

Sesameguy
09-17-2009, 09:37 PM
This isn't an easy question to answer for me- there are a lot of fun positions in the park, but every one of them has challenges of some kind. Being a character would be great fun, but also obviously a great challenge. I think a good place to start might be as an engineer on the train that circles the park. That would allow me to work while still maintaining a bit of my normal personality. If I really like it, I could move up from there. :)

Niwel
09-17-2009, 09:51 PM
I worked in Fantasyland Classics several years ago and loved it.
If I had the chance to work Storybook I would :)

zombie pirate
09-17-2009, 09:55 PM
The Haunted Mansion

magicmanfrank
09-17-2009, 10:05 PM
Sounds cool! The "trick" (sorry about that) would be to put on a good show in that rather limited space, and also being able to answer questions, etc.

That's just it, I CAN do that!!!

I have been a Full-Time, Working, Professional Magician for the last 26 years!

I know how to put on a show in whatever situation I am given!

Let me behind that counter!!! :D

Phil Johnson
09-17-2009, 10:40 PM
I think Pirates for me... I've always loved the atmosphere in there.

Maybe Jungle Cruise, at least for a little while. Industry secret: Comedians love corny jokes in a corny atmosphere. :)

Phil Johnson
http://www.RoadsideAttraction.com

parymoppins
09-17-2009, 10:59 PM
i"d like to be the ranger on tom sawyer's island who would hang out in the fort.

Crazydave
09-18-2009, 07:00 AM
I would love to be Steam train engineers or fireman

disney4iv
09-18-2009, 07:41 AM
Pirates. Nice and cool in the summertime!

pixar
09-18-2009, 07:52 AM
I'd operate the monorail. Since I'm technically a Disney employee, maybe it wouldn't be too hard to transfer there for a month. :)

(The one attraction I wouldn't do is Autopia. I don't think I can deal with the exhaust all day.)

Matterhorn Yodeler
09-18-2009, 09:02 AM
Monorail Driver or Train Engineer.

Also driver of Main Street Vehicles.

racccoon
09-18-2009, 09:48 AM
I would love to work at the Tower of Terror. I think that is the only place where you can come in and still be a good cast member when you have a bad day. There is minimal need to smile.

kfreak
09-18-2009, 09:49 AM
I think that I would like to do Jungle Cruise, or do Pirates, maybe Haunted Mansion.

aznewsboy
09-18-2009, 10:32 AM
Pirates because as someone already mentioned it would be nice to be inside in the summer (or out of rain).Plus we love POC!

rakkwhite
09-18-2009, 10:47 AM
My DD would definitely choose the petting zoo. She is bummed that a 12 year old can't volunteer to help out with the animals at the L.A. Zoo.

I, on the other hand, prefer an indoor, air-conditioned environment that feels like I'm outdoors. Pirates, of course!

Drince88
09-18-2009, 10:58 AM
I would love to work at the Tower of Terror. I think that is the only place where you can come in and still be a good cast member when you have a bad day. There is minimal need to smile.

Haunted Mansion would fall into that category, too.

trypticon
09-18-2009, 12:55 PM
That's just it, I CAN do that!!!

I have been a Full-Time, Working, Professional Magician for the last 26 years!

I know how to put on a show in whatever situation I am given!

Let me behind that counter!!! :D

The amount of exclamation points you overuse certainly demonstrates that you are enthusiastic about the idea. As a fellow magician of close to two decades, myself, I agree that when it comes to the stuff that the magic shop was selling, there was adequate room to perform everything in order to attract a buyer.

That's just it though, the buyers were likely for the most part not fellow magicians. I'm of the mind that the buyers were usually parents trying to get the least expensive thing to shut their children up at the end of the day. Running the magic shop well is a great idea, but it's also one that the people shopping there may not entirely notice.

I don't mean to rain on your parade of endless exclamation points, but you should take something like that into account.

As for me, I agree with other posters here that having a job indoors would be nice in order to avoid the weather. Admitting that, I find myself a bit stuck on making a definite decision on this question. While I do like the Haunted Mansion, and know the old script forwards and backwards, and it would keep me indoors, I would really love the position of a Jungle Cruise boat driver, which would allow me to improve my narrator voice daily. On the other hand, Pirates is also a nice environment, despite the retarded additions that have made the ride a piece of crap, in my opinion.

I guess I'm not entirely sure. Anything would be better than having to work at or anywhere near Small World. I still hold a firm belief that the entire attraction needs to be detonated.

And yes, working at Honey I Shrunk the Audience would probably equal a nice, very quiet job, these days.

The Evil Queen
09-18-2009, 01:10 PM
Snow White!

kiki
09-18-2009, 01:36 PM
Definitely Tower of Terror:D

Hold on to all hats, sunglasses, cameras and loved ones.....Anything that you would want to keep in this dimension (in a ToT bellman voice)