PDA

View Full Version : Trading pins

Susie63
09-17-2009, 09:01 AM
We are heading to DL in Feb...one week before the Olympics in Vancouver.
I have quite a few 2010 OLympic pins that I could trade. Do you think anyone would trade for those or is it just Disney pins?

mechurchlady
09-17-2009, 09:05 AM
Yes, there are collectors of Olympics pins. They cannot be traded with CMs unless they are Disney issue but you never know when you will find a collector.

TowerofTerror
09-17-2009, 10:51 AM
Its got to be disney pins in order to trade with CM.

AVP
09-17-2009, 10:51 AM
We are heading to DL in Feb...one week before the Olympics in Vancouver.
I have quite a few 2010 OLympic pins that I could trade. Do you think anyone would trade for those or is it just Disney pins?Disney cast members can only trade for pins that have a (c)Disney stamp on the back of them. There are some Disney/Olympic pins that can thus be traded, but the vast majority of Olympic pins can not be traded with cast members.

If you go by the pin trading areas where the regular traders hang out, you might find someone who trades Olympic pins, but even then it's unlikely they'll have any with them. The pin traders in the parks tend to focus on Disney pins - even if they collect Olympic pins, they probably wouldn't haul them into the parks on the off chance of meeting someone else who does.

If you're just looking for a general place to trade your Olympic pins, PinPics.com maintains a database of and trading board for Olympic pins.

AVP

Susie63
09-17-2009, 11:11 AM
Actually, I hope someone would trade a Disney pin for an Olympic pin. What do you think?

Jodi
09-17-2009, 11:55 AM
I'd say highly unlikely.

DebT
09-17-2009, 02:42 PM
Actually, I hope someone would trade a Disney pin for an Olympic pin. What do you think?

I would definitely trade - Olympic pins are totally cool. Unfortunately, I won't be there when you are, but I bet you can find others.

mechurchlady
09-17-2009, 03:17 PM
Go to www.pinpics.com to see how much people want a pin. With collecting I NEVER say never. I have had people want junk pins that were not even Disney related because of the genre of the pin. People collect genres like cars, brands such as Coke and Budweiser, animals, flags. and places. if I saw a pin that had a really cute non-Disney dragon on it then I might trade a pin for it, for example.

As was stated CMs have rules about trading. If a guest wants to offer $500 in auction pins for a $5 Budweiser pin then they can do so. I would of course stop the person and give them a lot more but some will not. I had a lot of pins just by trading up a little at a time and finding collectors who wanted something. They would offer me $10 pins for my $7 pin because they had to have that cheaper pin. If I wanted a pin then I would gladly give up one of my pins for that non-Disney pin.

AVP
09-17-2009, 03:28 PM
Actually, I hope someone would trade a Disney pin for an Olympic pin. What do you think?Bring a few, see what happens, but don't be discouraged if nobody wants to trade.

AVP

sendkeys
09-17-2009, 06:08 PM
I think you will find it hard to find normal people to trade with. Most people that are willing to trade are only looking for expensive collector pins and are only willing to trade "junky" pins in return. Most people (including me) only trade with CM. I would still bring a few to trade in case someone wants one. More so, I would bring a few of your cool Olympic pins to show off.

DisneyMouse
09-18-2009, 10:56 AM
Most people (including me) only trade with CM.

I only trade with CM's as well. However, if some cute little kid wants one of my pins I can usually be suckered into it ;)

Susie63
09-18-2009, 08:12 PM
I am not hoping to score anything big. I just wanted to give my little girl something to trade with in downtown disney. The pins I have are the Olympic logo with the Canadian and US flag. I thought someone might like to have a piece of the Olympics. They certainly weren't expensive, but they are cool. Get it...winter olympics....cool...Oh well!