PDA

View Full Version : whats up with October 27th!? [early closure]

Disneyland1955
09-16-2009, 06:24 PM
I was just on the Disneyland website and it says that on October 27th both DCA and Disneyland close at 6 pm. Does anyone know why or whats going on in the park to cause it to close sooo early. Thats my nieces birthday and we were suppose to celebrate in the park. :(

FaithTrustPixieDust
09-16-2009, 06:42 PM
DCA usually closes at 6pm but DL is probably closing because of a private party.

fairestoneofall
09-16-2009, 06:45 PM
DCA is closing at 6 for the Trick or Treat Party.

Disneyland1955
09-16-2009, 07:01 PM
I am specifically wanting to know about Disneyland I know that dca closes ofter at 5 or 6 during this time for trick or treating but disneyland should not be closing until 8 or 9. it never closes at 6. I assume that there is something special going on but I dont like to miss out on anything so I wanted to know if anyoen knew if something cool was going on in disneyland on the 27th so I could maybe included my self. lol :)

TowerofTerror
09-16-2009, 08:49 PM
probably for a private party

racccoon
09-17-2009, 10:24 AM
Private party to the whole park? How do I get invited!

TIMBO
09-17-2009, 05:52 PM
Just a tidbit....Our Family has gone to DLR for years in October.....Couple years back the Angels were in the play-offs/World series and BOTH parks were closed early for "MLB Parties"....

Angels (If they don't blow it) will definately be in the playoffs and/or the world series.

:cool:

Krisseee2
09-18-2009, 08:03 AM
I to was going to the park that day as it's my anniversary, I was told a Corporate event is taking place.

Everett Buzz
10-03-2009, 12:31 AM
I was always under the impression that if DL was closing for a private party that they would extend the hours of DCA. Since there is no Mickey's Trick-or-Treat Party on the 27th is the event in both parks or did they just decide to shut down completly at 6! :confused:

Bob Weaver
10-03-2009, 06:21 AM
Here's the reason:

http://s36.a2zinc.net/clients/sepa/sepa2009/public/Content.aspx?ID=259&sortMenu=103007

Solar Power International Party at Disneyland® Park - Tuesday, October 27
7:00 PM - 10:00 PM

Join us for the biggest solar party of the year at Disneyland® Park and CELEBRATE Solar Power International 2009! Solar Power International is taking over Adventureland, Critter Country, Frontierland and New Orleans Square at Disneyland® Park for a fun filled-night of attractions, food, drinks, entertainment and networking. One ticket for the party is included with each Full Conference Registration*. Additional tickets are available for purchase at $115 each.

Attractions

As guests of the party you will have exclusive access to these attractions:

- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Frontier Shootin' Exposition
- Indian Jones™ Adventure
- Jungle Cruise
- Tarzan's Treehouse™
- Enchanted Tiki Room
- Haunted Mansion
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Splash Mountain

Food and Beverage

Concession stands, bars in the streets, buffet stations, restaurants - they are all open just for you and are included in the ticket price. Roam through the park with your friends and colleagues and enjoy all the of the great offerings. Grab a drink or a snack from any of the bountiful bars and buffets scattered throughout the park. Stop at the concession stands and get popcorn, sodas, frozen lemonades, roasted turkey legs, candy, sweet treats and so much more. Pop into any of the restaurants and order from the party menus available!

Entertainment

Entertainment abounds at Disneyland® Park. Catch Mickey and the gang for a photo op. Enjoy the Laughing Stock Comedy Troupe in Frontierland. Enjoy the steel drum band in Adventureland or the New Orleans Jazz Band in New Orleans Square.

Fantasmic! - Exclusively for the Solar Power International Party Guests @ 9:30 PM

Mickey battles evil and conjures good in a musical pyrotechnic spectacular with magnificient floating scenes and effects that will leave you breathless! Amazing special effects including film projected on water, fiber optics and lasers and 50+ performers magically appear out of the quiet river for one amazing show that will close out the party!

club33az
10-03-2009, 07:46 AM
Man, how much does a party like that cost?

Rayvencure
10-03-2009, 08:39 AM
I am specifically wanting to know about Disneyland I know that dca closes ofter at 5 or 6 during this time for trick or treating but disneyland should not be closing until 8 or 9. it never closes at 6. I assume that there is something special going on but I dont like to miss out on anything so I wanted to know if anyoen knew if something cool was going on in disneyland on the 27th so I could maybe included my self. lol :)

I know around this time last year it was closed at 6pm for Miley Cyrus' Bday. Not sure if she's having another? All I know is that it was "Gay Days" and we were all not happy about the early closing. ( PS: This weekend is also Gay Days and the place has been packed! ) WOOT! It took us 25 minutes to get through the stores on main street during the 5/6pm parade. Get there early !

Everett Buzz
10-03-2009, 09:08 AM
So I had to look... it is $895 + $115 per Additional person to attend this party. of course you have to join the convention to attend :~D

so that's why DL is closed early.. I still wish they would have thought to keep DCA open till 8.

adriennek
10-03-2009, 09:12 AM
so that's why DL is closed early.. I still wish they would have thought to keep DCA open till 8.

If the crowds warrant staying open later, they have been known to extend hours on the same day. But they're probably not going to bank on a Tuesday in late October being busy enough to justify it.

Adrienne

Bob Weaver
10-03-2009, 09:14 AM
One ticket to the party is included with the $895 convention fee. Then they can buy more tickets at $115 each. I guess it would be good to make friends with some of these conventioneers. Part of the cost of the party is being paid for by sponsors, corporations that are involved with the convention and are paying about $25,000 each to sponsor a portion of the party (i.e., one restaurant, etc.) How ironic that a solar power convention is having a party at Disneyland, when I still don't see any solar panels on the rooftops of any Disney building.

mechurchlady
10-03-2009, 01:57 PM
Wow all that food would have me bringing a large plastic lined tote bag. I would like to go for the all you can eat food. I done the rides before but food and entertainment. I wonder how many turkey legs one can fit in a bag.:eek:

Everett Buzz
10-15-2009, 02:20 AM
If the crowds warrant staying open later, they have been known to extend hours on the same day. But they're probably not going to bank on a Tuesday in late October being busy enough to justify it.

Adrienne

I had just noticed that they have now changed the hours for both parks for the 27th... DL now closes at 5pm and DCA is open till 8pm :) that is a little better... :~D

explodingboy
10-15-2009, 03:10 AM
Private party to the whole park? How do I get invited!

hey you let me know when you know and I'll tell everyone I know deal? :)

MKY4ME
10-30-2009, 04:38 AM
a private company bought out the westside of the park for a private party so DLR shut down at 5pm on the 27th. sorry to be so slow to respond

TowerofTerror
10-30-2009, 11:49 AM
It was a private party . Did anyone actually attend that private party

disneylandgirl
10-30-2009, 01:25 PM
WOW. Would I have loved to be there! Bars??? Like, actual alcoholic drinks at DL??? I really really really wish I could have gone to that. Actually, no. I wish I had the money to rent DL for a night!! Holy cow!

leota's necklace
10-30-2009, 08:52 PM
Imagine my astonishment when I learned that a friend of mine was missing my class to attend this party. I nearly broke my leg thowing myself at her feet, begging her to hide me in her carry-on luggage.