PDA

View Full Version : Superstar Limo open?

[ - kyo - ]
01-20-2003, 11:41 AM
Hi, I'm new. But anyway, I was at Disneyland.com checking the schedules and stuff and I looked at the refurb schedule for DCA, SSL wasn't closed. Is this true? Thanks in advance.

Darkbeer
01-20-2003, 11:44 AM
Once again, Disneyland.com is messed up, which, alas, is more common than you might think....

Here is a good link....

http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/index.htm#Rehabs

DisneyGuy03
01-20-2003, 12:18 PM
This is very true, last I heard SSL is to reopen this Sept, unless they run into more problems....apparently they are having to install doors and other saftey changes similar to what they did with Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin (I remember that attraction was down forever for these safety changes as well and the re-opening date kept getting pushed back as well)

jrad32
01-20-2003, 12:59 PM
Oh joy superstar limo is going to be back up. I'm sure everyone will be lining up to ride such an awesome ride. When are they going to put a version of this bad boy at WDW. I mean DCA is getting the Tower of Tower, it's only appropriate that WDW gets a great ride of equal excitement like Superstar Limo. Whoooooo Hooooooo!

experiment626
01-20-2003, 03:34 PM
It was suppose to be open this spring (April) but was pushed back to September.

DisneyGuy03
01-20-2003, 03:43 PM
Actually, WDW is getting a version of Soarin' (but it won't be Soarin' over California, so it will be a few years befiore whatever filiming they have to do for it is done)

Anyway, at least it will be open, they need something else there, esp. with Aladdin running, but then again if the lines continue to be as long as they are outside the que area, maybe use the SSL que for those with tickets to Aladdin?

jrad32
01-20-2003, 05:51 PM
I say they keep it shuttered until they can come up with something that's worthwhile to put there.

YellowMan
01-20-2003, 09:21 PM
I liked Superstar Limo, solely for the reason that it was like having my own private ride that nobody else set foot on.

avromark
01-21-2003, 09:19 AM
At least you get YOUR own "Limousine" and you can take as many trips in a day you want. Hows that for style?

james362001
02-08-2003, 01:29 PM
April 16 will be my first time at California Advenuture. I sure hope they can finish the Limo ride early. I think Mouse Planet said they hope to be reopen in May, if at all.

slaakker
02-08-2003, 01:51 PM
According to Marcie at Mouseinfo, Super Star Limo may now not open due to a new ride being put in. She leads us to believe that a Monsters Inc. ride has been approved.:D

Not Afraid
02-08-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by slaakker
According to Marcie at Mouseinfo, Super Star Limo may now not open due to a new ride being put in. She leads us to believe that a Monsters Inc. ride has been approved.:D

That may be true (and I hope it is) but I would not be tempted to completely believe that report. It might just be too good to be true.

DisneyFan25863
02-08-2003, 04:31 PM
What does Monster's INC. have to do with CALIFORNIA?!?!?!?! With all these non-California rides in DCA, they might as well call it "Disney's Califorina Adventure Park that has Nothing to do With Calfornia Park Place" or DCAPTHNTDWCPP (rolls off the toung, dosn't it :D

Not Afraid
02-08-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by DisneyFan25863
What does Monster's INC. have to do with CALIFORNIA?!?!?!?! With all these non-California rides in DCA, they might as well call it "Disney's Califorina Adventure Park that has Nothing to do With Calfornia Park Place" or DCAPTHNTDWCPP (rolls off the toung, dosn't it :D

Hmmmmmm. Perhaps there is something wrong with such a constricting theme? Could that be possible? I wonder.........

jamsandwich
02-08-2003, 06:27 PM
Well, Monsters Inc. was made by Pixar, and Pixar is centred in California, thus it's a California adventure ride ;)

-J

screamin4ever
02-08-2003, 08:02 PM
It's a movie in Hollywood Pictures Backlot. Hollywood=movies. That's a great fit. Perhaps the problem is more that we continue to believe that CA theme=CA history. Seems to me DCA is more about locations in California without a specific time period. That may be what troubles some of us, but I'm not going to gripe about a Pixar-based attraction replacing SSL. Bring it on!