PDA

View Full Version : CM magic

drjones
01-20-2003, 11:15 AM
after reading A lot of past threads, i have to concur, CM's make the park magic..
yesterday, while making our way across the park we noticed a large crowd at the entrance to Adventureland. as we approached we noticed it was because Stitch had settled at the gates across from Tiki room. well, if anyone here had read any of my posts, then you know that my now 8 yo daughter is deathly afraid of characters in costume. well she loves stitch enough that i figured she may overcome her fears because, hey, it's Stitch!
I was right and she loved him. the only problem, the people!
my pregnant fiancee was hit and jostled by people trying to cut in line to see stitch. when i made a comment as we neared stitchadn a lady still insisted on pushing my fiancee and kids out of the way. i think stitch either heard or saw what had happened, because as soon as we were supposed to be next in line, he grabbed Danielle by the hand and dragged her out of the crowd, onto main street and away from the crown where he happily posed for pictures, only for us. Thay made my daughter feel extra special special after being jostlled around by rude park guests, stitch made her day and she wasn't afriad of him, that little bit of magic from Stitch compensated for the nastiness of the other people. i have a great pic of stitch running off with her but not sure how to post it..

stitcher
01-20-2003, 12:05 PM
That is absolutely wonderful and adorable! I hope you filed a compliment at City Hall....

rexfarms
01-20-2003, 05:59 PM
yes how do we post a pic?

Alex S.
01-20-2003, 06:03 PM
To post a picture, you need to find another location online where you can host it, and then provide a link here to that picture.

MouseWife
01-20-2003, 06:06 PM
I have to say that brought tears to my eyes.

I do hope that you do have a chance to give them kudos for what
they did. Even if you didn't, you could mail it in, right?

I would hate to think that pushy loudmouth might have gone in and complained.

Thank you for sharing. :)

I hope your fiance was alright. :(

tiggerandtink
01-20-2003, 11:52 PM
I've seen that a few times. I kind of get the feeling they handle crowds the same way I ran the YMCA daycamp, by rewarding good behavior. Granted I'm not a pregnant woman or cute little 8yr oldgirl, but last time I was there I was waiting to get my picture with Mickey while everyone in the world kept pushing and crowding him, everytime I stepped forward some kid, or should I say some parent pushed their kid in front of me. After this went on for awhile and I was thinking about leaving Mickey stepped past the people in front of him and pulled me forward for a photo. What a nice guy that Mickey:)

stitcher
01-20-2003, 11:56 PM
Meaning nothing against them(because I know a quite a few); correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it the responsibility of the host to help control the guests so that everyone gets their turn?

I just thought I'd ask.....

tiggerandtink
01-21-2003, 12:03 AM
It is, and some photo places have set ques as well, but not all. At Epcot they have tape or paint, I can't remember, on the ground with the names of characters and that's where they stand with a straight line in front of each. If you aren't next in line you aren't getting your picture taken. Sometimes we all need a little guidance;)

drjones
01-21-2003, 06:31 PM
hey every one i think i have pics from the stitch incident on line here if anyone ants to see:

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/drjonesfldr

it is set for public viewing but if you still need a password:

drjonesfldr
indiana

ChipmunkStar
01-21-2003, 06:38 PM
I'm so very sorry to hear your story! I'm glad Stitch knows what's going on around him though and got you guys your own personal meet and pictures :) .

The thing with us character hosts, is that if a character is in atmosphere (as Stitch was at the time of the incident), there is not always somebody there helping them out.

If there are no ropes, there is in all technicality, no line. Usually, the hosts are assigned more than one character, so they may have been with, I dunno, maybe Rafiki or something, or even on a break.

Locations also take priority over atmosphere hosting, so if, say, somebody called in to Critter Country, then the Adventureland Host may have been pulled.

rexfarms
01-21-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by drjones
hey every one i think i have pics from the stitch incident on line here if anyone ants to see:

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/drjonesfldr

it is set for public viewing but if you still need a password:

drjonesfldr
indiana

It says there are no photos.:confused:

drjones
01-21-2003, 06:58 PM
try here:
http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/drjonesfldr/lst?.dir=/My+Documents&.order=&.view=l&.src=bc&.done=http%3a//briefcase.yahoo.com/

MammaSilva
01-21-2003, 07:06 PM
I got error messages on both links :(

drjones
01-21-2003, 07:09 PM
yeah, having problems with yahoo

drjones
01-21-2003, 07:13 PM
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/drjonesfldr/vwp?.dir=/My+Documents&.dnm=MVC-026S.jpg&.src=ph&.view=t&.hires=t ?

rexfarms
01-21-2003, 07:34 PM
Alright I got it now, I had to sign in to your account. The pics are so cute.:)

drjones
01-21-2003, 07:36 PM
or try here:
http://www.angelfire.com/comics/drjones0/MVC_028S.JPG

drjones
01-21-2003, 07:37 PM
nevermind the last one

drjones
01-21-2003, 07:38 PM
i guess yahoo does work, you just have to log on, i left the username and password above

tiggerandtink
01-21-2003, 10:18 PM
nice shirt

mrs. dr jones
01-22-2003, 09:20 AM
guess where we found the shirt? hot topic. does this soud like another thread hmmmm!! let me think.

tiggerandtink
01-22-2003, 02:34 PM
Hey, I resent people wearing shirts from Hot Topic.;)
It does sound familiar.:)

Sonya in Boise
01-23-2003, 11:18 AM
We had a wonderful encounter w/ Sleeping Beauty and Snow White. What I did was print the pictures on front of card paper and mail it to them at DL. On the outside, I put
Snow White
Goofy's Kitchen 10/17
(then the address)

The card front was a picture of her w/ my girls and inside I wrote a thank you to her for being so wonderful and gave her specifics of why we loved her so much. Then I added "I hope disney know what a treasure they have in you."

Well, guest relations found the correct Snow White and she sent us a hand written letter back to my girls w/ snap shots of her through out Disneyland, not to mention that earlier we received a signed photo of all the princesses in front of the castle.

Even if you wrote a comment card at City Hall, thoses don't always get to the cast member, I recommend you sending a card/letter and photo of Stitch w/ your child. Address it to Stitch with the date and approx time of the encounter.

CM magic makes it worth it.