PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else ready for a new show to replace Aladdin?

Pages : [1] 2

sjhanksaz
09-14-2009, 04:17 PM
Just wondering what everyone else thought about the thought of a new show coming to replace Aladin.

I have really enjoyed Aladin but I think I am ready for something different.

Jenasweetemotion
09-14-2009, 04:18 PM
I love the Aladdin show :) That being said I don't know what would replace the show? I think it depends on what would replace it. :)

sjhanksaz
09-14-2009, 04:26 PM
I love the Aladdin show :) That being said I don't know what would replace the show? I think it depends on what would replace it. :)

Little Mermaid or perhaps the Lion King would be pretty cool.

Malcon10t
09-14-2009, 04:28 PM
Blast! would be nice...

Jenasweetemotion
09-14-2009, 04:28 PM
Lion King would be really cool! I wouldn't mind that at all :)

oregontraveler
09-14-2009, 04:33 PM
If they could condense the Broadway version of Lion King...
yeah, that's the ticket :D

Disneyland1955
09-14-2009, 04:48 PM
I would like to see the Finding Nemo show that they have in disney world. that would be really cool. other wise i like the idea of blast where its just a mixture of different songs from the classics all in one. I would love to see a combination of like hercules pocahontas and hunchback like they use to have in the fantasy fair in disneyland. I think it was called animation. but whatever it was I loved it!!!!!

Drince88
09-14-2009, 05:28 PM
One idea I heard elsewhere (but I don't recall where, or how much it should be trusted) that one idea was Toy Story.

If it's anything like the show on the Wonder, it would be a nice addition.

MammaSilva
09-14-2009, 05:30 PM
Add me to the list of folks wishing they'd bring Blast back...loved loved LOVED that show.

Teddi
09-14-2009, 06:19 PM
I could go for a different show. What about Peter Pan? You could still have flying... which is cool.

Tisha
09-14-2009, 06:24 PM
I would love Finding Nemo!

cstephens
09-14-2009, 06:42 PM
As much as I liked Blast! (I saw their regular show at another venue as well), I would prefer a Disney show and not an outside vendor.

TowerofTerror
09-14-2009, 07:48 PM
I would like a new show to replace Aladdin

Mrs Mouse
09-14-2009, 07:54 PM
If you can believe it, I've never seen the Aladin show! Every trip we intend to check it out, but somehow it never happens. Maybe next time.

That being said, I thought that Finding Nemo at WDW was terrific.

sendkeys
09-14-2009, 08:43 PM
I could go for a different show. What about Peter Pan? You could still have flying... which is cool.

Peter Pan show could be really cool. I would love to see another show. The Adalin show is great but you can only watch it so many times. I really wish dl would offer more shows on different days of the week. Same with the 3d movies.

BunnyCups
09-15-2009, 12:50 AM
Blast! would be nice...

THIS! Would be nice. Whenever I talk about it to people, they look at me like I'm crazy, and tend to not believe me that it was ever there. I also saw their full touring version at another venue, and it really is something that is quite magical and involving.

futurecm21
09-15-2009, 06:29 AM
Change when not necessary, just like fixing something that isn't broken, is one of my biggest pet peeves. :mad: I really like the aladdin show and for at least a while more I don't see why it should go.

futurecm21

ellemoon
09-15-2009, 08:31 AM
disneyland has changed so much over the years, it would be impossible to hold onto something there forever (granted a few exceptions.) I remember the hercules/pocahontas show they used to have at DL and I would kick and scream if my family didn't want to see it. I saw aladdin once, and though it was really good, I skip out on it from now on. if they do decide to replace it, it should be with something very worthwhile. lion king would be fun : )

ellemoon
09-15-2009, 08:40 AM
disneyland has changed so much over the years, it would be impossible to hold onto something there forever (granted a few exceptions.) I remember the hercules/pocahontas show they used to have at DL and I would kick and scream if my family didn't want to see it. I saw aladdin once, and though it was really good, I skip out on it from now on. if they do decide to replace it, it should be with something very worthwhile. lion king would be fun : )

danyoung
09-15-2009, 08:53 AM
I would love to see a combination of like hercules pocahontas and hunchback like they use to have in the fantasy fair in disneyland. I think it was called animation. but whatever it was I loved it!!!!!

That was called Animazement, and it was one of my favorite shows, although some online folks thought it was too cheesy. That number where Pocahontas, Hercules and the Hunchback all sang together gave me goose bumps every time!
I don't see them bringing it back, but it was a great show.

sjhanksaz
09-15-2009, 08:57 AM
Change when not necessary, just like fixing something that isn't broken, is one of my biggest pet peeves. :mad: I really like the aladdin show and for at least a while more I don't see why it should go.
futurecm21

We usually skip it now unless we are with friends who have not seen it. It's a great show but I would also like else to see.

Perhpas they could run one show for half the year and then a new show for the other half of the year.

Walt wanted the park to evolve and change to keep it new and fresh. I think it's time for some added freshness here.

Disneyland1955
09-16-2009, 06:41 PM
"That was called Animazement, and it was one of my favorite shows, although some online folks thought it was too cheesy. That number where Pocahontas, Hercules and the Hunchback all sang together gave me goose bumps every time!
I don't see them bringing it back, but it was a great show."

I am sooo glad that I am not the only one who remembers this great show and it gave me goose bumps too I loved it!!!!

futurecm21
09-16-2009, 08:07 PM
I completely agree with and support the idea of continuing to change the parks as long as there is imagination left in the world.

But I would be very surprised if Walt Disney had a change a month in mind ;)

All I'm saying, or trying to say, is there are obvious attractions and shows that have outlived themselves and would need to replaced or renovated, that happens all the time.

But one, I don't see how Aladdin has completely lived its life yet, I could be wrong but I think it still has a little bit left in it.

And two, there has to be a solid base of attractions or "wienies" to keep people like myself coming back, especially when I'm coming from a long ways away. If major attractions change to much (and I know Aladdin is not a major attraction), there's no sentimental value, or things to look for to keep me coming back.

futurecm21

heatherya
09-16-2009, 08:37 PM
i'm so glad it's still there...the first time we went with my daughter, she was so scared and i had to nurse her to calm her down (she was 4 months old)...but now she's 2.5 and so into aladdin that we watch it at least once or twice a week! i'm so excited to take her to that show :)

potzbie
09-16-2009, 09:18 PM
This has been my idea for years, now.

• Have the Hyperion Theater show Disney movies all day long.

Disney could have double features, running continuously.
It would be a great, great opportunity to sit out of the heat, or out of the rain, for an hour or two.
It is also cheap -- the costs are nil!

For example:
Mon. - Old Yeller; The Happiest Millionaire
Tue. - The One and Only Genuine Original Family Band; Darby O'Gill and the Little People
Wed. - Treasure Island (1950); Treasure Planet
Thu. - The Love Bug; The Ugly Dachsund
Fri. - Blackbeard's Ghost; Bedknobs and Broomsticks
Sat. - The Absent-Minded Professor; Son of Flubber
Sun. - The Tower of Terror; The Haunted Mansion