PDA

View Full Version : Crawfish in the pond across Big Thunder Trail

Pages : [1] 2

gueroortega
09-14-2009, 09:21 AM
This is my first time Posting here. I always love to come here and read the post ... Me and my family try to make it out at least once a week to Disneyland . Its our lil family tradition. But anyways my question is has anyone else seen the crawfish in the pond ... I always pass by there and just chill out for a while to catch my breath. But yesterday was my first time seeing this little creatures. My kids were loving it.

Rufus T Firefly
09-14-2009, 09:46 AM
It is pretty cool. Ive seen turtles out there too.

rakkwhite
09-14-2009, 09:53 AM
This is my first time Posting here. I always love to come here and read the post ... Me and my family try to make it out at least once a week to Disneyland . Its our lil family tradition. But anyways my question is has anyone else seen the crawfish in the pond ... I always pass by there and just chill out for a while to catch my breath. But yesterday was my first time seeing this little creatures. My kids were loving it.

Are you referring to real fish, or the ones that jump out of the water in specific places on a regular basis?

gueroortega
09-14-2009, 09:56 AM
No. The real ones. Yes we did see a turtle also... It kept diving in and out of the pond. It was really cool. Def. my new sit down and catch my breath spot lol

rakkwhite
09-14-2009, 10:01 AM
Awesome! I'll have to check it out. My kids love hanging out with the ducks on the lower level of Hungry Bear Restaurant and they will be thrilled to find some more creatures at Disneyland.

Rufus T Firefly
09-14-2009, 10:06 AM
Are you referring to real fish, or the ones that jump out of the water in specific places on a regular basis?

The OP was talking about crawfish. They're not really fish. They look like little lobsters.

rakkwhite
09-14-2009, 10:11 AM
The OP was talking about crawfish. They're not really fish. They look like little lobsters.

There I go again... showing my ignorance regarding something else. Do they hang out at the water's edge? This will be a real learning experience for me.

Bob Weaver
09-14-2009, 11:03 AM
Did ya know that in the early years of the park, people were allowed to fish from Tom Sawyer Island? Most fish ended up in the trash though, because how are you going to carry a fish around with you all day?...

bennette
09-14-2009, 11:14 AM
There I go again... showing my ignorance regarding something else. Do they hang out at the water's edge? This will be a real learning experience for me.

Yes, they hang out at water's edge or in low level water. Do not attempt to pick up a crawfish (or crawdad, as they are known in some parts). They snap! Ouchie!!

rfaljean
09-14-2009, 11:14 AM
When my hubby and I were there for our anniversary a few weeks ago, not only did we see tons of crawdads, but we saw a family of ducks. The crawdads would try to grab the ducklings and the mama duck would get all fierce. We must've spent 30 minutes there, just watching the crawdads and ducks while everyone else in the park was running to the next attraction.

K & S
09-14-2009, 12:51 PM
It's part of the Disneyland eco system. They put small fish in the water to control the mosquitoes, the craw fish control the little fish and the turtles control the crawfish. You can also clearly see them in the water where the motorboats use to run.

Think of it as the Circle of Life.

:)

Kuzcofan
09-14-2009, 04:35 PM
what does BTRM stand for? I cant figure it out, sorry still kind of new with all the abbreviations.

Bob Weaver
09-14-2009, 04:42 PM
I'm pretty sure they meant to type BTMR, for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. I can't think of anything that BTRM would apply to.

TowerofTerror
09-14-2009, 07:50 PM
I`ve seen the crawfish's over by the old motor boats

Toocherie
09-14-2009, 07:59 PM
I am SO looking for the crawfish on my next trip!

Mrs Mouse
09-14-2009, 08:03 PM
I am SO looking for the crawfish on my next trip!
Look for the turtle, too! I was so excited when I first spotted him coasting along in the pond.

Bob Weaver
09-14-2009, 08:28 PM
Have you seen any of the cats that live in Disneyland?

rakkwhite
09-15-2009, 09:02 AM
Have you seen any of the cats that live in Disneyland?

I've seen them hanging out at the Hungry Bear Restaurant and also at White Water Snacks.

I also saw a mouse run across my blanket while waiting for the fireworks show in front of the castle.

mkraemer
09-15-2009, 09:20 AM
One morning, when we were at the park at opening, we were walking through Fantasyland, just past Dumbo on the way toward the teacups.

There, in the middle of the sidewalk, was a crawfish! He was waving his claws menacingly at anything that came near him. I got a custodian cast member, and he laughed and said that the crawfish often get out of the water by Big Thunder at night and walk around the park (I would presume as far from New Orleans Square as possible, considering that they might be considered a delicacy there!). He'd never seen one walk as far as this one, though. Then, he scooped up Mr. Crawfish in his dustpan and took him back to the water by Big Thunder.

mkraemer
09-15-2009, 09:22 AM
I've seen them hanging out at the Hungry Bear Restaurant and also at White Water Snacks.

I also saw a mouse run across my blanket while waiting for the fireworks show in front of the castle.

I've seen some HUGE mice in Toontown. Wearing clothes! :rolleyes:

stan4d_steph
09-15-2009, 11:33 AM
I was with a group of people a long time ago when one of them stepped on a crawfish near the castle moat. It was gross, and also hilarious.

fairestoneofall
09-15-2009, 04:07 PM
I had my first crawfish sighting today!!!

ChurroGirl
09-15-2009, 04:22 PM
Back in 2006 my FDH and I were walking into Frontierland and saw a sweeper having a struggle with something on the ground.

As we approached I realized it was a crawfish. I told the sweeper to hold on a minute, bent over picked it up and tossed it into the little water pond.

Hand sani is your friend:D!

dznyphreak
09-15-2009, 10:32 PM
I've seen some HUGE mice in Toontown. Wearing clothes! :rolleyes:

Ducks too! Although they seem to dislike pants...yet wear towels when getting out of the shower. Strange ducks if you ask me. :p

The Evil Queen
09-16-2009, 11:36 AM
Ok, kids. I can't even remember where the pond is. Are we talking about Big Thunder Mountain Railroad???? :confused: