PDA

View Full Version : Little Mermaid Attraction

R44kids2
09-13-2009, 03:15 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just read about the new expansion planned for that other place out in Florida. Does anyone know if the "Little Mermaid" attraction going in there is the same as the one opening at DCA? The article called it "Lavish" Thanks for the info if anyone knows.

EmmasMom
09-13-2009, 05:30 PM
Ok this is a little off topic but the title of this thread reminded me of the first time I took my husband to Disneyland and his "Little Mermaid Attraction."

I think it was her red hair and "shells";)

Teddi
09-13-2009, 05:34 PM
Yeah I think my husband has deal with the same attraction :rolleyes: The last time we did Ariel's Grotto I came home w/some curiously centered photos of my kids and Ariel's chest....

But back to the topic, I presume it will be very similar. The disney story is on Yahoo's front page right now...

TowerofTerror
09-13-2009, 07:17 PM
I cant wait for the Little Mermaid Under the Sea ride at DCA

Bytebear
09-13-2009, 07:43 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just read about the new expansion planned for that other place out in Florida. Does anyone know if the "Little Mermaid" attraction going in there is the same as the one opening at DCA? The article called it "Lavish" Thanks for the info if anyone knows.

From what I understand, both attractions are the same and being designed and developed in parallel, similar to how Toy Story Midway Mania was done.

sendkeys
09-14-2009, 01:59 AM
I am really looking forward to this ride. The little mermaid was one of Disney’s best movies. I really hope they go with artwork and animatronics and stay away from projectors.

HauntedKid
09-14-2009, 01:07 PM
I am not happy that the ride is going to be placed in DCA, I mean she`s a princess, she should be in Dineyland!! :(

Jenasweetemotion
09-14-2009, 04:34 PM
Yeah I think my husband has deal with the same attraction :rolleyes: The last time we did Ariel's Grotto I came home w/some curiously centered photos of my kids and Ariel's chest....
My dad was the same way I was looking at pictures from back then and I could see where his interest where lol. I am taking him back to Disneyland for the 1st time in 11 years and I am thinking it will be the same way with Tinkerbell :)
I for one can not wait for it to open.
Also HauntedKid the princess meal is over there at Ariels Grotto so it is not like this is anything new for her to be there :)

sjhanksaz
09-14-2009, 05:26 PM

But back to the topic, I presume it will be very similar. The disney story is on Yahoo's front page right now...

I have always liked this photo.

sendkeys
09-14-2009, 08:39 PM
I am not happy that the ride is going to be placed in DCA, I mean she`s a princess, she should be in Dineyland!! :(
For what I understand of the DCA "new look" they are trying to turn it more into DL. They want DCA to feel the same as DL. For that reason, I believe they wanted to put this ride there. Due the parking lot that could be built on by DCA. I would take a guess over the next 20 years we will see more princesses and new movies rides will end up over there.

backsthepack
09-16-2009, 05:33 AM
I have never been a big fan of Little Mermaid. Not sure why, just not. But I do feel that the ride does belong over in DCA. It just really fits with the theme over there in my opinion. It will help to bring more "Disneyland" to that park.

olegc
09-16-2009, 06:37 AM

they have been there already - at Ariel's restaurant. all the princesses.

i am curious to see how they transition that area now from the Golden State portion to the seaside park. That transition will now be more prominant - cross the bridge to San Francisco wharf, or go down the path to the Sierras...

There have been several postings over the years about the attraction ideas. There was a mockup video on the DVD for Mermaid the last time it was released. (maybe 2 times ago). you can probably still find it somewhere online. I am sure it will be revamped because the video was done years ago - but I can't wait for the "Under the Sea" portion of the attraction...

Phil Johnson
09-16-2009, 07:32 AM
I've always noticed that attraction too...

Snow White and a line of little girls...
Captain Hook and a line of little boys...
Ariel and a line of 40 year old men trying to peek down her shells.

Phil Johnson
http://www.RoadsideAttraction.com

Bytebear
09-17-2009, 07:00 AM
The Blue Sky Cellar had a picture of what the new building will look like, and it is far and away more elaborate than the old Golden Dreams Building. It will be incorporated into the Rotunda and match the style with a very elaborate and decorative facade. It should be a big improvement to that walkway.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
09-17-2009, 11:35 PM
i've always noticed that attraction too...

Snow white and a line of little girls...
Captain hook and a line of little boys...
Ariel and a line of 40 year old men trying to peek down her shells.

Phil johnson
http://www.roadsideattraction.com

roflmao!

Tracemountain
09-18-2009, 02:27 PM

Well said! But, with the water show and DCA's lack of rides except the main 4Screamin', SOC, TSM, and TOT it needs it!:)