PDA

View Full Version : Things NOT to eat in the park??

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Spookygirl
09-13-2009, 10:36 AM
I was reading the thread about what people most like to eat in park, and I saw there was a LOT of repeat stuff, too cool, great to make my list from, LOL!

But are there things that you would say DO NOT eat at the park? Things that don't taste good, are too expensive or otherwise should be skipped? THANKS!!

sjhanksaz
09-13-2009, 11:07 AM
I try to stay away from the Bugers for the most part. My brother got a warm/cold:eek: one and got a little food poisening from one a couple of years ago.

Malcon10t
09-13-2009, 11:35 AM
I try to stay away from the Bugers for the most part. My brother got a warm/cold:eek: one and got a little food poisening from one a couple of years ago.How are you sure that was what gave him the food poisoning? Or did they even test him for food poisoning?

I stay away form the Mint Juleps. Just DO NOT LIKE mouthwash that much.

The sausage at Celebration Roundup is to be avoided.

bennette
09-13-2009, 11:48 AM
I do think a lot of folks get sick at the parks from a combination of eating too much greasy food, travel, and general exhaustion and erroneously attribute it to food poisoning. That aside, I wouldn't eat a burger there. Too cold/boring/nuked what-have-you.

I can't say much of value on this thread as I dislike a number of crowd favorites. Unless you are a picky eater. If so, let us know and I will post a list of items we don't waste our time or calories on. :eek:

TowerofTerror
09-13-2009, 11:52 AM
I love drinking the Mint Juleps

quackinup
09-13-2009, 12:12 PM
I can't say much of value on this thread as I dislike a number of crowd favorites.

My thoughts exactly. The worst food I have had in the park was a slice pizza at the Pizza Port. Sauce and fake cheese on a piece of cardboard. But I've seen people in another thread listing that as one of their favorites. Maybe I was there on a bad day when the box was empty and all they had left to make the pizza was the box. :confused:

Bob Weaver
09-13-2009, 12:14 PM
Don't eat anything for one hour before going on the Mad Tea Party.

DizneyMommy
09-13-2009, 12:16 PM
Ok... so I actually LOVE the burgers in the park. I know, I'm weird, but something about them is different from most places and I totally craved them when I was pregnant.

What will I NOT eat in the park? Two things - corndogs and pretzels, especially the cheese flled variety. YUCK YUCK YUCK

**Ducking and running**

fairestoneofall
09-13-2009, 12:28 PM
I don't care for the burgers, they are just OK.
I'm not a fan of pasta so we never eat at Pizza Port.

houseofmouse
09-13-2009, 12:50 PM
I don't care for the pizza at Pizza port but my boys like it.
I used to like the Corn Dog Castle but in July I got a corndog from Farmer's Market and it was not as tasty.
I don't like the Mint Julieps either but depends on your taste. :)

twindaddy
09-13-2009, 01:09 PM
Not sure if it counts, as it is not IN the park (DTD), but dont eat anything at Catal. I have a personal crusade against that place. Horrible horrible horrible.

Rufus T Firefly
09-13-2009, 01:23 PM
Don't eat anything for one hour before going on the Mad Tea Party.

Best advice here. ;)

rakkwhite
09-13-2009, 01:34 PM
The cream cheese filled pretzel at Coke Corner. I was expecting a savory taste, but it was sweet. Not what I was expecting, so it was a bad experience.

bennette
09-13-2009, 01:50 PM
Okay, I can't take it anymore. Flame away, Disney food fans.

I think the cream cheese and jalapeno cheese filled pretzels are yucky. They are good in concept but they are soggy, as if they have been sitting in a steamer all day, which they probably have.

The turkey legs look and smell revoltingly greasy.

The popcorn is just...popcorn. I think it tastes special because you are in the park but it seems similar to movie popcorn to me.

Mickey ice cream is cheap ice milk product. I'll never forget the look on my poor husband's face when he bit into his first and last ice cream. He loves ice cream. He loves Disneyland. It was a sad, sad day.

Mickey rice crispy treats are margarine and cheap marshmallow. They are cute but I'm not adding cellulite to my rear end for cute.

The ice cream boat at Blue Bayou is Dryer's ice cream people! You can buy it at the store!!! Stick two cookies on it and call it a day.

Pretty much everything at the Blue Ribbon Bakery is full of fake ingredients. They are pretty and jumbo sized but that's not a real bakery and those are not high end items. If you think they are, we need to expand your limits.

And now, the ultimate Disney travesty.

Wait for it...wait for it.

Read the label. Dole whips are mostly corn syrup. Uck. Have a pineapple spear or juice instead.

If you are wondering if I like any Disney foods, I do. I have close, undying relationship with churros and corn dogs from the Little Red Wagon. Also the pommes frites at the Cafe Orleans.

Let the protests begin.

emmah
09-13-2009, 02:02 PM
go you! i totally agree with you about the rice krispie treats; one came with my christmas tour package a few years ago and I could not, for the life of me, work out what anyone likes about them - yuck.

and i also totally agree with you about the contents of the bakery (but then, most bakery goods look better than they taste, except in France, where they taste better than they look (which is really saying something).

i am vegetarian, and seeing people gnawing away on those turkey legs is really ick - i look away quickly and think of nice things instead.

i don't eat store-bought popcorn ever but i do love the smell of it at Disneyland. it makes me want to go home and pop some of my own!

i did try the dolewhip once because everyone raved about it, and i was left flummoxed by all the raves - its soft serve icecream with a very weak pineapple flavour. plus its a huge serving - i could not even get through 1/4 of the serve.

and i also totally agree with you about churros, which are yum.

the only thing i disagree with you about are the mickey icecreams - on a hot day, i think they are yummy. i have only had 3, but they were all scrummy.

: )

bubsy
09-13-2009, 02:08 PM
Truthfully, I don't like any of the food in the park. I'd rather eat McDonalds, which is normally reserved for totally horrid hung-over Sunday mornings and as I have aged and those mornings are few and far between. I just drink smarter these days.

I don't eat anything in the park except for the housemade candy, mainly the toffee chocolate pretzels. Occasionally the popcorn. Every other year I'll eat a regular pretzel with cheese.

nursechrissy32
09-13-2009, 02:18 PM
I am so glad that someone else admitted about the mint juleps...I was so excited to get one, and it was so yucky!

It was like warm lemon lime syrup.......blech! I never wanted to tell until now! haha

So, my secret is out.....I would stay away from em' unless you like mint juleps.......

Teddi
09-13-2009, 02:23 PM
Pizza Omm Yuck Yuck @ DCA.

Pizza Port seems like it was a few steps above but not many.

I like Village Haus burgers, but it seems like I didn't care for the Hungry Bear ones too much. Now.. Taste Pilots were pretty good.

I'm a Mint Julep lover. Totally so not mouthwash to me!

quackinup
09-13-2009, 02:24 PM
Also the pommes frites at the Cafe Orleans.

I was really looking forward to these last trip but was somewhat disappointed. Not necessarily bad, just not what I expected. Plus trying to eat most of an order by myself was not a good idea.

fairestoneofall
09-13-2009, 02:34 PM
Not sure if it counts, as it is not IN the park (DTD), but dont eat anything at Catal. I have a personal crusade against that place. Horrible horrible horrible.

Sad. Really sad. DH and I had a lovely meal at Catal in June. I'd go back for sure.

Now for bennette-
I totally agree with you on the turkey legs. I think they look primitive and nauseating.
Mickey ice cream bars, what a waste. I love real ice cream.
Oh, and I make my own rice krispy treats (Mickey shaped of course) to bring with us. I make them with BUTTER, not margerine.

DizneyMommy
09-13-2009, 02:41 PM
P

I like Village Haus burgers, but it seems like I didn't care for the Hungry Bear ones too much. Now.. Taste Pilots were pretty good.

You know all 3 serve the exact same burgers, right? :-)

Malcon10t
09-13-2009, 02:48 PM
You know all 3 serve the exact same burgers, right? :-)Same ones in Tomorrowland Terrace.

I do like the burgers on occasion. My son loves the turkey legs. (I don't.) The brownies in Blue Ribbon Bakery are quite good. And HFC or not, love the Dole Whips.

zombie pirate
09-13-2009, 03:19 PM
The burgers at Disneyland remind me of the ones we used to get from the high school cafeteria, not very good.

Crazy4DL
09-13-2009, 03:22 PM
Let the protests begin.

I mostly agree.

Turkey legs are BLECH! imho.

Churros use to be good but sure don't seem very good any more to me. They don't seem fresh or something - can't really put my finger on it.

I do enjoy a Dole Whip on a hot day. The ice cream seems fine but I enjoy having a hot fudge brownie sundie over in DCA the most.

Pizza port has an excellent salad with cranberries and nuts and yummy dressing - I like it with their pasta. The kids seemed okay with their pizza but I have never tried it.

Some days the corn dogs seem good, others they don't. I think it must be me.

Strange, I thought the marshmellow treats were actually very good. Last trip was the first time I had even tried them. However, I think next trip I will bribe Fariest into bringing some of her butter ones! :D

zombie pirate
09-13-2009, 03:25 PM
I havent had a frozen bananna in a while, do they still have them?