PDA

View Full Version : Candy Cane Inn or Hilton Garden Grove at Anaheim

J-L
01-19-2003, 05:38 PM
Hi ~

Has anyone ever stayed at the Candy Cane Inn or the Hilton Garden Grove at Anaheim? We are going to be in California in April.

I have read about the Candy Cane Inn but wanted to read more recent reviews. There isn't anything on the Hilton Garden Grove (not the towers). Both have good rates.

We are planning on going to Disneyland but also going to do other things in the area.

Any info on either place would be helpful! Thanks!:)

cirquelover
01-19-2003, 06:53 PM
We enjoyed the Candy Cane Inn.
The morning breakfast was handy, the muffins,bagels and breads were always fresh and tasty. Cereal and milk were nice for child. Fresh fruit is always a plus and some days I grabbed an extra banana or apple for later. Plus they didn't mind us taking it back to our room.
My husband still goes on about the beds! Lots of pillows and a down comforter, he was in heaven!
The staff was very friendly and took good care of us.
I would stay there again, especially if you are getting a good rate!

Just my two cents
Jill

HBTiggerFan
01-19-2003, 07:46 PM
I found reviews to the Candy Cane Inn here (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/display.cgi?product-sku=dlra_candycaneinn) in our REVIEW section.

Cirquelover, have you done a review for the Candy Cane Inn yet? Its a 3-5 minute process :)

Christiii
01-19-2003, 07:57 PM
Hey Cirque Lover...have you seen Varakai yet?? I have two VIP tickets for February 8th...and I cant wait!! Mystere is my all time favorite of all Ive seen tho...I even named my dog Soleil!!

J-L
01-20-2003, 06:36 AM
Thanks for your recommendation! It was helpful! J-L

Klutch
01-20-2003, 08:20 AM
I can report that as of last October, Candy Cane Inn is close, cute, and comfortable. I know nothing of the other places.

I posted a review for Candy Cane a few months ago.

Gemini Cricket
01-20-2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by J-L

Has anyone ever stayed at the Candy Cane Inn or the Hilton Garden Grove at Anaheim?
I stayed at the Candy Cane Inn in August.

I would recommend them purely based on the fact that you can walk to the DL Resort from the CCI. The rooms are standard and the beds are pretty comfortable.

However, I did have a bad experience there though. In August, my room was flooded because of the overflowing toilet next door. I woke up to a couple of inches of water at my feet... I did request another room (at 5am) and the rude desk clerk told me they didn't have anything, and since I was checking out soon that they didn't feel the need to accommodate me...

After some phone calls to the manager of the CCI a few days later, I got refunded for 1 night.

I overlooked all this because I was determined to have a great time, and I did.

I would book in advance, they do tend to fill up.

:)

kisroo
01-20-2003, 09:59 AM
Candy Cane...Candy Cane...Candy Cane

Let's just say that Mr Kisroo and I would only skip the Candy Cane in order to stay concierge level at the Grand Californian! We loooooove the Candy Cane! But follow GC's advice and book early~they fill up fast. :)

J-L
01-20-2003, 05:22 PM
Thanks everyone for all of your input! It is definitely helpful to get feedback from others!

This is our first trip to California. We are from Long Island, New York. So, we are looking forward to this! Thanks again! J-L:)

tabacco
01-20-2003, 05:23 PM
I'll echo that I loved the Candy Cane Inn.

Have a really great trip!

J-L
01-20-2003, 05:39 PM
Thanks! :cool:

YellowMan
01-20-2003, 09:09 PM
I have stayed at both the Hilton and the Candy Cane Inn. While the Hilton is very nice, the Candy Cane Inn is closer. Also, the Candy Cane Inn is very nice as far as the grounds go and it feels almost like it's a Disney resort. So overall I would recommend the Candy Cane Inn.

If for some strange reason you can't get into either of those, I will recommend my new favorite non-Disney hotel in the close proximity to the park. It is the Anaheim Desert Inn and it is located almost directly in front of the crosswalk across Harbor Blvd and into the resort (making it a very short walk to the parks). While the grounds aren't as nice as at the Candy Cane Inn, the rooms are comfy and the price is not too outrageous. Plus the short walk to the resort alone makes this my favorite hotel in the area.

daannzzz
01-21-2003, 11:45 AM
I love the Candy Cane Inn. Have stayed a few times. It has nice though not huge rooms. Be aware though that it is just a two story motel with exterior corridors in a u- shape with parking in the middle. It was built in the late 50's early 60's and then had an extremem remodel in the late 80's early 90's into what it is today. It has loads of trees and some gardens and a small though pretty pool.
The Hilton Garden Inn is down the road about a mile and not really walkable. It looks like a nice though standard / bland place.

malin
01-21-2003, 01:14 PM
I stayed at the Hilton Garden in November of last year.Its clean nice and the staff are very freindly.Its about a mile down the road.But the hotel offers a free shuttle service which will take you directly to the park every half an hour.Personally if I were to go to DLR again I will stay at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel.

J-L
01-21-2003, 01:17 PM
Thanks everyone for your input! It is appreciated. :)

YellowMan
01-21-2003, 01:28 PM
I have stayed at both the Hilton and the Candy Cane Inn. While the Hilton was very nice, it was further from the resort than the Candy Cane Inn. The Candy Cane Inn has very nice grounds (it almost feels like a Disney hotel) and it is a shorter walk to the parks.

If for some odd reason you don't get into either the Hilton or the Candy Cane, I would suggest the Anaheim Desert Inn (located almost directly in front of the crosswalk across Harbor Blvd into Disneyland Resort. This is a very close hotel, and while its grounds aren't as nice as the Candy Cane Inn, it is a nice hotel and the price isn't all that expensive. Plus the location is fantastic as it is a shorter walk to the parks than if you stayed at the Disneyland Hotel.