PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Tour

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

CariBelle
09-10-2009, 01:40 PM
I read the blurb on Disneyland.com but I'm wondering if anyone has any other information about this year. Mainly do you think it will include a ride on Space Mountain?

Toocherie
09-10-2009, 01:43 PM
I read the blurb on Disneyland.com but I'm wondering if anyone has any other information about this year. Mainly do you think it will include a ride on Space Mountain?

It might, but I think you would be better off just getting a Fastpass if that's really what you want to do. When I took the tour last year we actually had to wait in line for Tower of Terror and Snow White . . . . and didn't go on Big Thunder because it was down. I can't recall what happened at Haunted Mansion.

CariBelle
09-10-2009, 01:54 PM
Well, what I really want is a seat for the fireworks, but the Space Mountain ride might be what I can use to convince Boyfriend to go for the tour lol We are planning on going on a Sunday and Monday so I'm sure we will get to ride at least a couple of time even if we don't do the tour, but it would be fun!

Jenasweetemotion
09-10-2009, 09:05 PM
Well, what I really want is a seat for the fireworks, but the Space Mountain ride might be what I can use to convince Boyfriend to go for the tour lol We are planning on going on a Sunday and Monday so I'm sure we will get to ride at least a couple of time even if we don't do the tour, but it would be fun!
Yes it will include a ride on both Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion and Tower of Terror :) It also said an exclusive seat to the Fireworks. I have never done this but am considering where do you sit for this Exclusive seating?
CariBelle do you know how much it is? Or what it is with an PAP?

Niwel
09-10-2009, 09:25 PM
Exclusive fireworks seating is typically near the castle. With that component thrown it -- it brings the tour to a whole new level. Typically the tour is $59, with a discount for premium APs, Disney Visa Holders and AAA members.

And the souvenir a couple of years ago was an AWESOME key from "ghost relations"

Jenasweetemotion
09-10-2009, 09:42 PM
Exclusive fireworks seating is typically near the castle. With that component thrown it -- it brings the tour to a whole new level. Typically the tour is $59, with a discount for premium APs, Disney Visa Holders and AAA members.

And the souvenir a couple of years ago was an AWESOME key from "ghost relations"

How long is the tour? and what happens if there are no fireworks due to weather or such?

Niwel
09-10-2009, 09:48 PM
How long is the tour? and what happens if there are no fireworks due to weather or such?

More info at this (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/calendar/specialEvents/detail?name=HalloweenTimeSpecialEventPage&CMP=OTC-VanURLHalloween)link.

Two tours are offered each day, one at 4:30 and one at 4:45. I don't know (but hope) that they hold the tours on weekends.

In the past if they haven't been able to get you on something they will occasionally hand out those uber fastpasses -- so you can go on any attraction.

TowerofTerror
09-10-2009, 09:54 PM
I think the tours like 3 to 4 hours long depends on how busy the park is

CariBelle
09-11-2009, 07:26 AM
Thanks! If we do spring for this I'm wondering if we could do the tour and F! in the same night, I assume the tour would be over after the fireworks.

Niwel
09-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Thanks! If we do spring for this I'm wondering if we could do the tour and F! in the same night, I assume the tour would be over after the fireworks.

You should be able to do the second fantasmic after the tour.

CariBelle
09-14-2009, 07:55 AM
Thanks!

I think we are going to do the tour instead of F!, after telling Boyfriend about both he said he would rather do the tour and get good seats for the fireworks and hold off on F! until another time. Now just to make the call!

DisneylandDad
09-14-2009, 01:37 PM
I called earlier today about this tour and I came away a bit confused. I was told it is $64 per person, no difference in adult or child pricing but with the PAP discount it was $51.20 I think. It is about a 3 hour tour or at least that is what I was told

The main thing I was confused about and wondered if anyone else has better info, was the fireworks viewing area. I was not told where it would be as it might change.

I asked a very direct question as to if it was the train station or small world area or in front of the castle or even someplace else and I did not really get a solid answer. It makes it kind of hard in deciding to book or not if you don't know what you are booking. I did not have a lot of time when I was making the call or else would have asked for a lead. Anyone have better info?

Thanks!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. The lady I was talking to did go and try to check on the viewing area question and when she came back, she did state that DL was not advising this tour to groups with young kids as it might have a darker edge to it than most things Disney.

Niwel
09-14-2009, 01:41 PM
I asked a very direct question as to if it was the train station or small world area or in front of the castle or even someplace else and I did not really get a solid answer. It makes it kind of hard in deciding to book or not if you don't know what you are booking. I did not have a lot of time when I was making the call or else would have asked for a lead. Anyone have better info?

Since the tour hasn't started yet it sounds like they are hedging their bets based on when the fireworks start rehearsing....

If you call back you might get a different answer.

mechurchlady
09-14-2009, 03:01 PM
The main thing I was confused about and wondered if anyone else has better info, was the fireworks viewing area. I was not told where it would be as it might change.

The fireworks will be the same as the regular ones as far as viewing goes. The characters will fly on the same wires as Tink and Dumbo fly. The fireworks are programmed with computers so all they have to do is set the type, size, color etc.

Toocherie
09-14-2009, 03:17 PM
The fireworks will be the same as the regular ones as far as viewing goes.

No, it's not. The website for the Halloween tour provides that there will be an "exclusive viewing area" as part of the tour. The question is where that is. My guess would be that part of the area they sometimes use for disabled guests--right in front of the castle in the hub--is where it will be.

ETA: at least that's where I hope it would be if I'm paying that kind of money. I would want a viewing area "on par" with the special seating for the parade for the Holiday Tour.

CariBelle
09-14-2009, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the info. DisneylandDad!

mousemom
09-14-2009, 06:50 PM
No, it's not. The website for the Halloween tour provides that there will be an "exclusive viewing area" as part of the tour. The question is where that is. My guess would be that part of the area they sometimes use for disabled guests--right in front of the castle in the hub--is where it will be.

ETA: at least that's where I hope it would be if I'm paying that kind of money. I would want a viewing area "on par" with the special seating for the parade for the Holiday Tour.

Soooo.....I'm wondering if these special seating areas give you a good enough view to video the fireworks without people's heads in the way. I generally just camp out early to get just the right spot. The tour would be extra worth it if I could get a good video out of it!

Malcon10t
09-14-2009, 07:02 PM
Soooo.....I'm wondering if these special seating areas give you a good enough view to video the fireworks without people's heads in the way. I generally just camp out early to get just the right spot. The tour would be extra worth it if I could get a good video out of it!In the past, the seating has been at the train station. Not sure where it will be for this.

mechurchlady
09-14-2009, 08:03 PM
Sorry and I meant the general viewing. As for videotaping that would depend where they seat you of course. I am thinking of doing this for my birthday if I survive mom;s birthday.

DisneylandDad
09-15-2009, 07:50 PM
Since the tour hasn't started yet it sounds like they are hedging their bets based on when the fireworks start rehearsing....

If you call back you might get a different answer.

I think you are 100% right about them hedging their bets. I called back today and was told the same places were options for the FW viewing plus, maybe the plaza pavillion. I did confirm the pricing of $64 before discounts which comes to $51.20 and it is about a 3 hour tour.

The CM I spoke to today said she assumed that the ride queue on TOT, BTMMR, Space and HMH would be at least partially bypassed or else a 3 hour tour would not be long enough.

Oh well, once the show is presented onstage I guess we will know better.

daisydog
09-15-2009, 08:23 PM
I wonder what will happen on the days that DCA closes early. If the tour starts at 4:30 or 4:45 and DCA closes at 5:00 will you be riding TOT when the park is closed?

Jenasweetemotion
09-15-2009, 08:40 PM
I wonder what will happen on the days that DCA closes early. If the tour starts at 4:30 or 4:45 and DCA closes at 5:00 will you be riding TOT when the park is closed?

Great question, I've never done the tour but didn't think of that question. Maybe you ride it right when the tour starts ?

disney_leonard
09-15-2009, 08:53 PM
I did the tour the first year it was offered. They start in DCA because of the early closing time. After TOT the tour moved to DL.

amelialourdes
09-23-2009, 10:13 AM
I'm just wondering that when you make your reservation, do you have to pay on the phone? I'd like to book a tour for me and a friend of mine but since we'd like to pay separately, we don't know if they would ask me for my card on the phone or if we can pay when we get there and just make the reservation while on the phone.

Thank you to anyone who's able to help!

Niwel
09-23-2009, 10:46 AM
In the past I have given them a creditycard in advance to hold the reservation, but I don't believe they run it until I get there. In which case you could use two when you pick them up (since you have to sign for them anyway).